hi, just joined and need some help

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by piptipping Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I am currently in training to be a home inspector and energy assessor in UK, I understand these are already in force in Spain. As soon as I am qualified I would like to move to Spain. Has anyone any knowledge of these, Not sure where to start or even if I can take my qualification and use it there,

Thank you



Like 0      
26 Jul 2007 1:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar


Hi Philippa  

Sorry I can't help you, just wanted to welcome you to what, at times, may seem like a madhouse, but most have fun in EOS whilst being serious when necessary. Hope you'll join in.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/26/2007.


Like 0      
26 Jul 2007 1:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Why did that post twice ??

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/26/2007.


Like 0      
26 Jul 2007 1:59 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

HI there  and welcome

Are energy assessors self employed, employed by the local authority or by others?

I dont have any insider knowledge, but i would imagine that although qualifications are (supposedly) transferrable across the EU, you would have to have fluent Spanish to be able to work in main stream.  But it may be that you work for yourself and can concentrate on the English speaking communiuty.  You dont  actually say whether you are a fluent Spanish speaker or not.

There are a number of estate agents who post on here and im sure that they will be able to give you some pointers.

Good Luck!

This message was last edited by AuntieEm on 7/26/2007.


Like 0      
26 Jul 2007 2:57 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar


thats a difficult one and will depend on whether you have a governing body when qualified,it also depends on it what form your qualifications come.

As a general rule you may not be able to use your qualifications here but can list them if working privately(if that makes sense?)

If working for a Spanish company you will almost certain to be asked to be fluent in at least two languages one obviously being Spanish.

For example,my governing body was the NAEA (national association of estate agents)in the UK but at this moment in time i cannot use my qualifications in an official capacity as their legislation only covers the UK.

Although i have the qualifications they actually mean nothing here because people have no regress or no complaints procedure for members practising in Spain,a shame but true.

Again in saying that i have seen some Spanish agents dispaying the logo on their websites!? so here lies the confusion!

I would say the best route you could take is to ask your examinig body where your qualifications are permitted to be used and if they are European then you should be half way there.

Also whether the regulations you are using in the UK affect the spanish system(thermal calcs etc.....)

I hope everything works out for you and good luck.




www.taylorlandandpropertygroup.co.uk still here after all these years!

Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 8:32 PM by piptipping Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thank you all for your help,

I will be governed by ABBE , and will have to adhere to strict guidelines, I will ring them this week to ask them, I would be working for myself but would need few spanish lessons as have forgotton alot. Hope any one else can shed any light on this one although have had a reply from a spanish lady and it is not looking hopeful, will have to think of another way to leave England,

Thank you all




Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 9:08 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Piptipping

We have a couple of energy assessors starting with us on the dreaded August 1st. (looks like it's going to happen this time)!!

I will see if I can find out about Spain for you. I'll speak to NAEA.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 7:35 AM by piptipping Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I will hopefully be qualified as an energy assessor by October and as a home inspector by March Thank you for helping me, much appreciated.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Just Joined to say.. - 24 posts
Euro Exchange - 4 posts
Up Your Street Radio launches! - 8 posts
Hello, I'm new and need information about shipping pets to Spain - 2 posts
naomi - 4 posts
Punta Prima??? or somewhere else? - 4 posts
For Sale Yamaha Cygnus Motorscooter 125cc - 1 posts
Long term rental in Spain - 1 posts
Excellent video for forums - 6 posts
Another Disney Rumour or is it?? - 0 posts
enquiries on Manzana 5 - 0 posts
Over 200 posts - 22 posts
Pedrokav - 2 posts
restaurants in cuidad murcia - 0 posts
How Spanish are you ? - 15 posts
Peraleja Property for sale - 1 posts
What is required to rent - 3 posts
Server problems - 2 posts
Could someone outside of the UK check flights for me please? - 7 posts
arenal duquesa - 1 posts
Wanting to know about Costa Calida / South Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Mortgage or Cash - 9 posts
IT'S OFFICIAL! - 14 posts
irene montague - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x