23 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by kevy Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Can anybody help ?

We are thinking of buying a caravan on a residentcial park in spain to

retire too,has anybody got any advice ,i know we would have to pay

ground rent,but doe's anybody have experience of living in a caravan

in spain. Gratefull for any replies From rainy uk.  Have fun in the sun

kevy

Like 0      
24 Jul 2007 7:08 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

sorry i dont know anything about living in a caravan in Spain, but i just wanted to say hello.  I dont think that ive seen anything about caravans on this site so far, but ive only been searching around for a couple of weeks so im sure that some of the regulars will let you know if there is anyone who can help

Good luck

Like 0      
24 Jul 2007 11:40 PM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar
Hi,
Have you read the book "Our Spanish Winters"   by Julie A Wilson, you can order it from Amason.
The stayed at a camp site in La Manga, enjoy

Harley

Like 0      
25 Jul 2007 11:23 AM by micasa Star rating in Cancelada. 15 posts Send private message

Hi
When we came to spain 6 years ago for a "holiday", we drove from the UK and brought our own caravan.

We travelled the full length of the coast and found some really lovely places to stay.

The best place we stayed was in Almeria and was a large campsite with excellent facilities and they even had a restaurant and bar onsite, which threw fun nights ie dressup. My son was 18 months old at the time and came the darling of the site as all of the permanent residents missed their own grand children!!!

There are also great campsites on the Costa del Sol and below are there details:

Marbella Camping, close to El Rosario large swimming pool, nice sites and also an onsite bar and restaurant, only metre from the beach and also in a great location.

if you are looking more towards estepona there is Camping Tropical, really nice site with nice sites and the added bonus of a heated indoor swimming pool(great for winter). it is also close to a beach and is a nice location being close to Estepona Town.

After settling here we had to move into more permanent accomodation but I still miss the freedom that a caravan offers

Good Luck

Like 0      
25 Jul 2007 11:28 AM by kevy Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Thank's for the replys,still thinking about it !!!!

Don't know if to buy a caravan or apartment

Cheers     Have fun in the sun  kev

Like 0      
25 Jul 2007 7:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Kev, I remember seeing some static caravans on display at an exhibition in Malaga last year (Alicante next year:http://alicante.homesandgardensexpo.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 ) and thinking they were pretty impressive. They were being exhibited by companies that also own and run parks in Andalucia. Unfortunately I don't recall who they were, but a quick search turned up these: http://www.malagaparkhomes.com/70124/info.php?p=1&pno=0

No doubt you've done plenty of your own research on the subject. I think the appeal is apparent, apart from the obvious advantage of being far cheaper than bricks & mortar. However, I think from a purley investment point of view, your money will always be more secure in a traditional property. All depends on what your priorities are I suppose.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Jul 2007 9:22 PM by kevy Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Hi   Roberto

Thank's for the info, looked on the

web page, very interesting,we will

keep on looking

Cheers  Kev    Have fun in the sun 

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 11:14 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

i know this thread is about static caravans ... but .... has anyone experience of travelling to spain in a motorhome?  I would be interested to hear your experiences and would you recommend it?

thanks

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 6:41 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/index.php looks like a good place to start. There's a fairly lively looking forum!

As for the static caravans, here's another interesting link: http://www.mobilehomesinspain.com/

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 6:48 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar
thanks for the link ... i will check it out

Like 0      
12 Aug 2007 1:56 PM by loughdeab352 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi

I am visiting a residential mobile home park in San Javier with the intention of looking around and hopefully buying by the end of the year. I will let you know what its like. The pictures look great and it seems there are a lot of expats on the site. I have already been trying to get some part-time work there too

Regards

Naomi

Like 0      
12 Aug 2007 3:17 PM by kevy Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

HI  NAOMI

WE ARE  THINKING OF THAT AREA, WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD POST PHOTO'S

AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION THAT YOU CAN GATHER

CHEERS   KEV

Like 0      
13 Aug 2007 2:53 AM by toto99 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Hi

I lived in a caravan for about 6 weeks when I first came over to Spain, It was a nice camp site with a little shop on site with many people living perm, great comunity spirit lots of english with every one looking out for eacch other. Down side was the 3 weeks of really bad rain and having to put a coat on to go for a wee and getting soaked in the darkness. Security is an issue not because of the regular people but because of the people that come short term, when I left to move to an appartment it was like heven!!!!!!!!!!!! nice in the summer hell in the winter!

Like 0      
13 Aug 2007 8:11 AM by loughdeab352 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Cheers for the info, hopefully ours will be a bit better as they are static mobile homes with toilets, showers, and full living areas. I will take as many photo's as I can for you and then contact you when I return on 7th September. Fingers crossed it will be as nice as it looks heh?

Like 0      
14 Aug 2007 12:35 AM by toto99 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

dont get me wrong it was great fun, and if I had a nicer caravan I would still be there now, but I got a great bargin on an appartment.  we had many  so many fun late nights with other people on the site, comunal bbqs and toooo much sangria!! lol enjoy

Like 0      
14 Aug 2007 5:47 PM by El Grumpy Gringo Star rating in Almanzora . 6 posts Send private message

I'm not sure if you mean a caravan as in "roaming" or a static.  If you mean an ordinary caravan I wouldn't even think about it!  In the olden days me and the missus had a luxury 6 berth tourer with air conditioning, bathroom and fully futted kitchen.  Sounds great eh? After a fortnight in the New Forest, two weekends in Plymouth and five days in St. Ives we sold the ruddy thing!  It was either that or kill each other!

If you mean a static then be very careful.  Some of them cost nearly as much as a house or apartment and just remember that the land they stand on never belongs to you (unless someone knows differently?)  I have known several people who started out their life in Spain in a static and hated it - too close to neighbours, too noisy and too clicky (not sure if I've spelt that correctly) plus the fact, like a car, they depreciate, unlike bricks and mortar which will always increase in price (in time).  Also, don't know if you've got a dog/cat but check out the small print as quite a few sites don't allow animals (drunken holiday makers aside).  One site owner in Almeria shoots stray dogs on his site - lovely chap!

I would suggest that you "try before you buy" and I don't mean just a couple of weeks.  I've seen too many people taken in with two weeks of sunshine, sangria and holiday mode.   Living in a place is totally different than really living in a place.   

Good luck with whatever you decide. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Peraleja Property for sale - 1 posts
What is required to rent - 3 posts
Server problems - 2 posts
Could someone outside of the UK check flights for me please? - 7 posts
arenal duquesa - 1 posts
Wanting to know about Costa Calida / South Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Mortgage or Cash - 9 posts
IT'S OFFICIAL! - 14 posts
irene montague - 8 posts
try again.....info on CB anyone????? - 12 posts
moving to Alicante/Rafal - 1 posts
Property Management wanted in Vera - 2 posts
Development discussions - 8 posts
HI im new ,help !!!!!!!!! - 4 posts
Im new ,need advice !!! - 8 posts
Looking for a Spanish Mortgage - 23 posts
Golden Retriever to Spain - 21 posts
Last 20 messages posted? - 2 posts
Congrats to Auntie Em 100th post - 31 posts
dream hills anybody there - 6 posts
Recommended by member JC1 ( Good Shout ) - 2 posts
Power of Attorney - 7 posts
Costa Del sol - 30 posts
spiderbish - 2 posts
Anyone involved with Hacienda Guadalupe ? - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x