Buying a car in Spain, new NIE Number

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 May 2013 5:28 PM by elaineandchad Star rating in Manchester/Costa Bla.... 53 posts Send private message

Does anyone know anything about having to have a new NIE number that is under three month old when you are buying a car in Spain (non residence).  We are being told we need a new NIE number that is less than 3 months old (ours are 6 years old) then we are being told a different story that the NIE numbers we have are just fine, everyone seems to have a different opinion on this subject, can anyone help with this please.

Like 0      
27 May 2013 5:35 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

If you have the original NIE number it does not need renewing . The new ones now for non-residents , the paper has a validity of 3 months only, like the padron but the number is for life.

Guard the original with your life & only ever offer a copy.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
27 May 2013 5:39 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Having bought a new car recently, it was the Padron that had to be dated within the last three months. I had to go back to my Ayuntamiento to get a new one issued (€1.05 that cost me!!!) as the car showroom couldn't complete the sale without it.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
27 May 2013 6:02 PM by elaineandchad Star rating in Manchester/Costa Bla.... 53 posts Send private message

Thank you both very much

Like 0      
28 May 2013 1:40 PM by elaineandchad Star rating in Manchester/Costa Bla.... 53 posts Send private message

But are you a resident, we keep being told that only residents need to be on the pardon therefore because we don't live in Spain this wont apply to us, even the garage where we are buying the car said we shouldn't need to bother about it, I think its a hard one, everyone has a different opinion, we will know soon enough when we actually pick the car up in July, but thank you x

Like 0      
28 May 2013 2:13 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
So who keeps telling you only residents need to get the certificado de empadronamiento? I know different regions, and in some cases different towns, have different rules but the padron should be entirely different from residency. Where I live, everyone is encouraged to sign on the padron, residence or not. In Comunidad Valencia, and I'm sure other places, you can't buy a car from a dealer without an up to date padron. It was one of the first things we were asked for. There are several people in my street with cars who are only here for holidays and each one of those got the padron certificate to buy them despite never having gone through the residency procedures.
To take out a HP agreement in this area you need a padron but not residency.
Pop along to your local town hall to find out. Ours at Rojales asks for a passport and a copy of the nota simple if you don't have a residency card and will print it out for you there and then at no charge.
I'm not saying every dealer will ask for one as I'm sure there are plenty who skirt around the rules as in all things here. Reputable dealers will ask for it though.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

robert boyd - 2 posts
paying into the spanish social system - 2 posts
swimming pool cleaners - recommendations - 0 posts
time to buy in Spain?? - 23 posts
Has Spain "lost its way" in Tourism ? - 9 posts
Easyjet new hand baggage rules... May 2013 - 7 posts
Air Conditioning unit for sale, good price - 2 posts
Song - 0 posts
Spanish ''song'' - 3 posts
New income tax regulations ? - 7 posts
Hola! Driving from London to Malaga - 15 posts
So. Spanish residency automatic for foreigners buying a house at over €500k ! - 0 posts
is here have any group for wireless communication like walkie talkie? - 0 posts
Wanted a good honest English speaking administrator in Marbella area. - 3 posts
Replacement NIE - 1 posts
Portman/Portman Bay - 0 posts
Long term rental in Spain - 4 posts
Thank You Costaluz Lawyers. Success! - 3 posts
Holiday illness at Benalmadena Holiday Village - 0 posts
mobile internet - 0 posts
new tears eve - 0 posts
dancing schools for children ??? - 5 posts
How to get a Spanish Driving Licence -The truth - 8 posts
Long Term Rental Agreement - 1 posts
Driving license help - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x