robert boyd

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 May 2013 2:18 PM by robbiejohn Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Has anyone had any difficulties obtaining their deeds. We bought from Technologica through atlas and was recommended Aroca Solicitors. We have been unable to get our deeds for the property which was bought 10 years ago in february 2003. We have been trying through aroca to get our deeds but even they seem to come up with excuses. I know lots of people have had so many problems. Can anyone tell me what way to go with this and recommend a solicitor. many thanks.

"embed"

Like 0      
27 May 2013 2:38 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

One never gets the original deeds (Escritura) in Spain,  only a Copia Simple from the notary.

I would suggest that you check wit the Property Registry,  and get a Nota Simple, to ensure that you are indeed shown as the owner.

Like 0      
27 May 2013 2:51 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Oh dear. I'm sure fly380 will be along shortly. It took us over 8 years and 5 trips to court to eventually get the nota simple through the same builders, agents and solicitors. Technologia, now defunct, took the money and then took out a mortgage on the land to fund other projects. The deeds were never registered as debt free with the registry. You need to see the solicitors and get the real, true, story. Technologia eventually paid off the land mortgage after being told to by the courts but only after a judge lost his patience with them. Even then, when we sold, the lack of mortgage hadn't been notified to the register office and we had to pay to get this done which was also annoying as we'd never taken out a mortgage on the property. We bought that one in 2002 and got the deeds (nota simple) in 2011. As you can imagine, we never believed one more word from Atlas or Aroca after that. Why some of them aren't languishing at HM King Juan Carlos' s pleasure I don't know.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

paying into the spanish social system - 2 posts
swimming pool cleaners - recommendations - 0 posts
time to buy in Spain?? - 23 posts
Has Spain "lost its way" in Tourism ? - 9 posts
Easyjet new hand baggage rules... May 2013 - 7 posts
Air Conditioning unit for sale, good price - 2 posts
Song - 0 posts
Spanish ''song'' - 3 posts
New income tax regulations ? - 7 posts
Hola! Driving from London to Malaga - 15 posts
So. Spanish residency automatic for foreigners buying a house at over €500k ! - 0 posts
is here have any group for wireless communication like walkie talkie? - 0 posts
Wanted a good honest English speaking administrator in Marbella area. - 3 posts
Replacement NIE - 1 posts
Portman/Portman Bay - 0 posts
Long term rental in Spain - 4 posts
Thank You Costaluz Lawyers. Success! - 3 posts
Holiday illness at Benalmadena Holiday Village - 0 posts
mobile internet - 0 posts
new tears eve - 0 posts
dancing schools for children ??? - 5 posts
How to get a Spanish Driving Licence -The truth - 8 posts
Long Term Rental Agreement - 1 posts
Driving license help - 9 posts
Sky on Humax Freesat box - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x