Bacchus on the Oasis estate, Los Alcazares. Great food

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Feb 2013 10:23 AM by chrisinspain Star rating in Los Alcazares. 195 posts Send private message

chrisinspain´s avatar

This is located in Oasis, Los Alcazares. It's not the prettiest setting in the world, but if you go out to have really good food, then Bacchus is worth a try. It's owned and run by a Swedish couple and the food is excellent as is the service. They do somew unusual dishes such as "Planksteak" which is fillet steak cooked on an oak plank ! Then they do their "Meat Fondeu" which is something different again.

This is their website for anybody who wants to give it a try

http://www.restbacchus.com/

Air Conditioning, Energy Assessor+Technical Services,

chris@homecomforts.es   

http://www.homecomforts.es/

Like 0      
23 Feb 2013 3:08 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Chris

Is the oasis by the arches in LA? I am trying to place it 

Like 0      
23 Feb 2013 6:43 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar
Yep Oasis is at the Arches off the A 7 roundabout, as Chris says not the prettiest pace but the menu on the website does look interesting, will certainly give it a try as many restaurants in LA are expensive but not all that exciting.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2013 9:35 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanks Hugh,

Thought I recognised the pics, just behind the butchers then 

Like 0      
23 Feb 2013 10:22 PM by chrisinspain Star rating in Los Alcazares. 195 posts Send private message

chrisinspain´s avatar

Yep thats the place. The food really is good. We have lived here quite a while and a lot of the places to eat in LA are not that good and get worse in the summer. I don't want to go and eat ready prerpared boil in the bag junk dressed up as being home cooked, I want home cooked. My wife's dad was a chef and she runs her own "meals on wheels" service in Spain called Nanny Kitchen so we like good food. If I'm going to go out and pay for a meal I want something cooked from fesh that tastes good, and if it is that little bit different then thats even better which is why we like Bacchus. If anybody does goes there tell us what you think, it's been the number 1 place to eat in Los Alcazares for ages on Trip Advisor and for good reason. Rememer though it can sometimes get busy so it's better to ring and book

chris@homecomforts.es   

Like 0      
24 Feb 2013 12:29 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

We are over in April, will give it a try. Our favourite is Angelas, Alaways have a great meal there every time. Tried El Patio for a second time, just to see if it was one off bad meal the first time. Sorry, never again. 

Like 0      
24 Feb 2013 2:02 PM by chrisinspain Star rating in Los Alcazares. 195 posts Send private message

chrisinspain´s avatar

El Patio can be good, but you really need to go with a few people and know what to order as some of their food is excellent and some is not good.

chris@homecomforts.es   

Like 0      
24 Feb 2013 2:31 PM by vantage Star rating in Murcia. 43 posts Send private message

vantage´s avatar

@ Chris.

El Patio is great and we love it. We have been there the last 2 Xmas's as it is a standard menu with no overpriced "celebration menus". When our youngest was christened, we booked a table and pre-ordered menu and they were so good to us.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2013 9:46 AM by lizajennifer Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

i will definitely go there, thanks for sharing this information about Bacchus on the Oasis estate with us.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2013 4:20 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Went over again in April and back over again very soon. Went again to Angelas pizzaria again in Los Alcazares at opposite end to 525 hotel towards beach. Usually go for the steak, but everything on menu is lovely. Never fails to impress. smiley Lovely Italian restaurant. 

Like 0      
08 Aug 2013 10:11 PM by MichaelVisser Star rating in California. 9 posts Send private message

Well I will definetly try it looks as if the place is really awesome and good food always impress me hopefully the cleaniness is also maintained as well.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2013 9:59 PM by chrisinspain Star rating in Los Alcazares. 195 posts Send private message

chrisinspain´s avatar

Went there again last night with some friends who wanted to try it. Got to say is was just as good as ever. Not the prettiest venue in the word but what would you rather have a pretty view ad bad foor or excellent food....

chris@homecomforts.es   

Like 0      
14 Aug 2013 10:16 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Over in 2 weeks, will give it a try smiley

Like 0      
16 Aug 2013 9:19 PM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

over in 3 weeks will give it a try !

cant wait

This message was last edited by KERRYB on 16/08/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Capital Gains Tax - 37 posts
Property tax advice - 4 posts
Wildlife in Axarquia - 0 posts
Falling pound, but a silver lining - 25 posts
A building not conforming to current standards, what does this mean? - 6 posts
Looking for second airconditioning unit. - 3 posts
Lack of Response by Spanish entities. - 1 posts
Car Insurance in Spain - 4 posts
Out of the blue Social Security Bill for 7.5k - 13 posts
Longer term Car Rental on Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Empty Van travelling to Ireland on 21st March 2013 - 0 posts
Has The Classifieds been invaded by nutters? - 2 posts
Do I get my own civil servant ? - 14 posts
EZGO Electric Golf Buggy for Sale - 0 posts
IBI After Selling - 3 posts
Caravan Parking Place Wanted - 0 posts
legal 'larger style'taxis from AlicanteAirport to Torrevieja - 1 posts
British citizens in Spain urged to make correct use of European Health Insurance Cards (EHICs) - 10 posts
The UK Mortgage rates might help your Spanish property dream. - 2 posts
Infant Schooling here in Spain - 2 posts
El COTO VERA - 1 posts
BBC 2 HD on it's way to satellite - 0 posts
Changes to Eutelsat 28A UK & English TV Costa Blanca & Calida - 0 posts
Car Hire Spain.. Whens the best time to book ? - 2 posts
Southern Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x