Spanish House exchange

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Dec 2012 3:26 PM by brooke2004 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi,

I am new to EOS but was hoping some of the more experenced visitors to this site might be able to help me as I need some advice.  Is there any agent or company that anyone is aware of that advertises Spanish home exchanges?  With the current state of the housing market I wondered if this would be a good alternative to trying to sell our house in Andalucia. (We live inland but want to move nearer to the coast).    Maybe EOS have a section but I can't see it anywhere.  All advice would be gratefully received!

Like 0      
29 Dec 2012 5:24 PM by redsinger Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

redsinger´s avatar

hi, there are house exchange sites if you google the words, you have to register and pay a fee.

Like 0      
29 Dec 2012 5:54 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

With an exchange I am sure you will still need to pay all the taxes and fees  associated and thus the bill will be more or less the same as a sale and a purchase.

In saying this. Please note,  I have no practical experience of this,  other than the general logic which normally applies in Spain.

Like 0      
29 Dec 2012 6:44 PM by brooke2004 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Yes I appreciate your comments regarding taxes and usual expenses incurred when buying/selling.  It's more a case of finding a way to sell our house and re-buying on the coast than trying to save any money., We have a couple of grandchildren who dont appreciate our Spanish village life and seem only interested in going to the seaside now !

This message was last edited by brooke2004 on 29/12/2012.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2012 12:31 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Brooke

I asked an ESTATE AGENT once in MARBELLA practically the same QUESTION as I wanted to trade up the ladder from an APARTMENT to a VILLA and he was TOTALLY BEMUSED at my question perhaps its a complete NON STARTER but why I REALLY dont know 

OUT of MORBID CURIOSITY what type of property is it please DESCRIBE it.

Rod

This message was last edited by rod on 30/12/2012.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2012 1:26 PM by brooke2004 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

It's a four bedroomed terraced town house in ALORA - inland of Malaga.  All newly renovated with two terraces and fantastic views.  Alora is a typical working Spanish town and very hilly , as is the approach to our house........Not in the Marbella league I am afraid! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What happened to the ICP? - 8 posts
Help for a non-EU citizen wanting to spend time in Spain - 0 posts
How much reduction is it customary to ask for on asking price - 28 posts
Robin-Hood-Style Politics -Tax the Rich to feed the Poor - 18 posts
Electricity in Spain, does anyone understand it? - 86 posts
Too late for an accomodation in Madrid for New Eve? - 2 posts
this ought to cheer everyone up - 1 posts
Brummie who moved to Oz seeks renewed contact - 0 posts
Newbie here :) - 1 posts
Long Term Parking at Malaga Airport - 0 posts
Septic tank on old property, what to do - 4 posts
Merry Christmas - 0 posts
Remote controlled cars - 2 posts
Some Help please - 7 posts
Great Spanish Crash - 2 posts
Advice on taking a dog to Spain on a plane??? - 6 posts
Hi :) Alpacas in Spain - 2 posts
Hoja de reclamaciones - 10 posts
NEW CHAPTER FOR 2014 - 8 posts
If you want to make a difference and stop the injustice - 11 posts
Never really sure how to start. Hello is always a good bet... - 5 posts
BBC 1 HD listed on Astra 2F, UK satellite TV, Spain - 0 posts
Living in a Portacabin? - 5 posts
Where is nearest police station to get an NIE number from Los alcazares? - 8 posts
Christmas Letter from Costaluz - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x