Dickmanns Car hire... Alicante airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Oct 2012 9:49 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Hi , Does anyone know or have used the Car Hire firm "Dickmanns" at Alicante Airport and if so, how easy it is to get the Bus ( aparentley on level 2 you take bus 1 ,2 or 3 to the Hire office. ?? ) We booked through Eye on Spain and wanted to know if anyone can give feedback as to how long it takes to get on the road. Any Info would be appreciated. Any good points .. and bad points etc .. thanks

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2012 11:54 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

quote...Any good points .. and bad points etc .. thanks

Would suggest you type 'Dickmanns Car Hire' into the search box at the top right corner of this page then read some of the entries...

There are many conflicting reports about the quality of service, extra charges etc etc...

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 19/10/2012.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
17 Nov 2012 10:41 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Weve since found more information about directions and a map of Alicante Airport arrivals . You go to the level minus2 ( -2) signed bus terminal  and find bus bays 1 & 2 and then customers are taken the 900 meters to the Hire office by Minibus. we booked this through EYS ON SPAIN and I will post a review when we return. We are keen see how easy it it compared to joining the huge queues than can form in terminal buildings. Regards Alitone

Like 0      
18 Nov 2012 7:43 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

There has been a lot of negative comments about the company. If you search you should find the threads

Like 0      
29 Nov 2012 12:45 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Well, I can now report we had a great experiance with our Car Hire from Dickmanns.  Off the plane at Alicante into the main Terminal for arrivals . Take the big lift down to level -1 (sign for buses ) and you are at the coach parking area under the building.

Then 50 yards walk to the mini bus in bay 1 2 or 3. Driver loads your cases and takes you to the car Hire compound which is only 1KM away (but within the airport complex) near Avis and long stay parking. In 10 minutes from leaving the terminal you will be signing for your car. No hassle to buy extra insurance and they take 77 Euros for fuel and a 300 deposit off your card which is credited when you return the car. We had a crysler white four door petrol with 20k on the clock , returned it empty.

On return the mini bus takes you back to the terminal.... all very smooth. Just one point though regards returning the car. On approaching the big terminal  building dont go towards "Departures or arrivals"... KEEP TO THE RIGHT LANE AND FOLLOW "TORRELLAND ZONA INDUSTRIAL". all the way to a STOP sign then turn left and its 700 meters to Dickmanns on your left. electric gates will open and let you in.

They didnt even inspect the car when we dropped it off Car had  20k on the clock it had a couple of chips but no damage so when my rebate arrived we have paid  about 434 + 20 deposit = 454 - (  including fuel 77 ) Deposit Back at 300 and minus fuel all used so 77 Euros ( £64 for 8 days car hire is quite cheap. ) And I would reccomend you book Dickmanns through E. O Spain as we did.

Like 0      
29 Nov 2012 5:17 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

They didnt even inspect the car when we dropped it off

Hope you don't get any nasty shocks when you get your next credit card statement !!

Like 0      
29 Nov 2012 7:10 PM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

Hi aliton

Your experiance of Dickmanns is similar to mine in other thread about Dickmanns. They did not check my car at start or end of the hire either. 

Confusingly they refunded my 300 euros on to my card on the 13 November, thats the same day it was taken and the start of the hire.

Car hire does seem to be cheap just now, 53 euros for 7 days and early next year I have been quoted 35 euros for 7 days.

Like 0      
30 Nov 2012 10:10 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

They didnt inspect the car when we dropped it off

Sometimes in life you have to trust some organisations John ZX . If you expect Dickmanns or anyone else to "rip you off" then thats up to you but they processed the rebate and gave me the print off as proof.

a quick phone video round the car when you pick it up and drop it off ( dated automatically) does the trick

I dont expect any surprises either and im posting my experiance (which was very good) so others can decide to book or not Dickmanns in future 

Like 0      
01 Dec 2012 8:36 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sometimes in life you have to trust some organisations

I would advise that one always checks a car on pick up and drop off with a member of staff,  whatever company and wherever they hire.

I have no knowledge of this company other than the several threads which have slated them as being dishonest and in particular adding charges after the completion of the hire.

This is just one  posts:-  

14 September 2011 by cyto Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Just want to warn people not to book with Dickmanns car hire at Alicante airport.

Just returned from alicante and found that Dickmanns car hire have taken 200 euros from my CC for alleged damage to the car without any notice.

They alleged we have left three small cigarette burn marks in the upholstery of the car. We do not smoke and we never saw the marks they have accused us of. We have been in touch with them but they will not respond to any of our correspondance any more. Any advice?

So please don't risk hiring a car from these people.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 01/12/2012.

Like 0      
01 Dec 2012 3:51 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Ref ; johnzx

Most people dont check off the car with a member of staff, at larger busy pick up points its not practical youve walked over 300 yards to find it in the designated bay..  and as I mentioned you can video or photo any damage. If I spotted any major dents I would point them out and mark them all on the rental form and take it back.  Chances are you would then waste another hour of your holiday as you rejoin the queue ata busy time... With respect, we are posting about "our experiance with our Rental" from Dickmanns Car and dragging in a review that was submitted over a year ago is pointless. ( cyto Sept 2011 ) ! Also we only take reviews and complaints with a pinch of salt and go on our own initiative.

Like 0      
01 Dec 2012 4:03 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Aliton

I did not bother to find all the complaints which have been posted here.

I am little confused about your use of ‘WE’.   “Also we only take reviews and complaints with a pinch of salt and go on our own initiative.”   I note you have failed to fill in any details about who you are.   Are you Dickmanns Car Hiire by any chance? 

As for  ‘...... and as I mentioned you can video or photo any damage.’ That would be worthless unless you could tie it to a date and time.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2012 4:06 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

hello Johnzx

Get off our case please .  No,,, we dont work for Dickmanns as we would find it difficult from the UK ...I noticed you posted over 1600  posts so you must be one of these that spend all day trolling the EOS site looking where you can put the boot in to Sapnish organisation. The use of the word "we" is irrelevant as we are a couple travlling to Spain and we dont need to identify ourselves any further. simple as that.... Get a life !!

Like 0      
02 Dec 2012 4:34 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Aliton,
             Welcome, but as a new comer I guess you have not realised that those who have posted more than a few times, tend to be polite to other posters. It’s usually called being polite and exercising good manners.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2012 5:17 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Thanks for the lecture. !! ( newcomer .. patronising)

Im sure others can make their minds up on this subject.... PLUS I wouldn`t call "questioning our honesty" ( ie Do we work for Dickmanns ? polite ) And "who are we" ... again NOT polite. ... dont bother replying im board.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cash withdrawals in Santander Branch - 0 posts
Electricity Supplier takes over without contract!! - 8 posts
Driving Conditions to Santander in February - 4 posts
Should it be illegal to film or photograph police officers? - 24 posts
Cockroaches! Thank God they've gone! - 31 posts
Spain cracking down on prostitution! - 22 posts
Advice on Solicitors - Cash Purchase - 14 posts
Now thats a good idea - 0 posts
Wanted: Wendy house or similar for children's Christmas present - 0 posts
Tarmacking or concreting a track - 8 posts
heating - 14 posts
newbie - 1 posts
Freelance work in my spare time whilst employed. - 5 posts
Badminton courts - 0 posts
Cravendale Milk - 3 posts
need some advice - 2 posts
To Mortgage or Not to Mortgage - 29 posts
HELP ringing a Spanish mobile - 3 posts
balay appliance engineer - 0 posts
setting up a uk company - 5 posts
Travel insurance for the elderly - 2 posts
Good home study/self study courses - 8 posts
Not available to Spain! - 4 posts
My Little Sat-Nav - 0 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd.... - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x