Freelance work in my spare time whilst employed.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Oct 2012 12:26 PM by tangledman Star rating in Puerto de Mazarron. 45 posts Send private message

tangledman´s avatar

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me what the situation is for someone who is in full time employment in Spain, who wishes to run a business in their spare time.

Do I need to pay extra social security?

What do I do about tax?

Thanks

Like 0      
18 Oct 2012 3:39 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Hi,

If the business you are wishing to run as a freelance is going to be continuous you are obliged to register as an Autonomo and pay at least the minimum monthly social security payments, 280 euros approx. However you don't need to sign up for this until your income in the first year passes 3000 euros vat included. From that point on you have to sign up to continue invoicing and fulfill your other obligations as an autonomo. If they do not go over 3000 euros, you are obliged to declare the amount earnt below 3000 euros in your next tax declaration and pay the vat received.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2012 4:21 PM by tangledman Star rating in Puerto de Mazarron. 45 posts Send private message

tangledman´s avatar

Mac,

Thanks very much for your reponse. Is there an official site in Spanish which references this?

I would like to be assured that the information you have supplied is up to date.

Thanks

Like 0      
18 Oct 2012 4:41 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

This is one of the best sites I have found on Autonomo. 

Juan

http://www.advoco.es/hot-topics/43-guide-to-spains-autonomo-system.html

PS it cites the example of a occasional dinner speaking for somebody employed that would not have to register.

This message was last edited by juansheetisplenty on 18/10/2012.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2012 10:27 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Hi I'm afraid I can't tell you a specific site, but I will have a look. I am speaking from personal experience as I have been an autonomo (and employee at times) for over 15 years. So I hope it is up to date or I'm in trouble and I'll need to find a new "gestor" (tax adviser)!!  :) None the less the best thing you can do is sit down with a "gestor" explain your situation and he/she will advise you acordingly on your tax obligations.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2012 8:18 AM by FIREBLADE900-1 Star rating in Wembley/Rojales. 23 posts Send private message

Hi ..juansheetisplenty

Just to say that the webb site you recomended for tax advise is the most informative site ive ever read.

WELL DONE YOU  !!!  ...(this site should be read by every expat who enters spain , as it takes away all the misconceptions of what others in the know (other expats )  have to say !!

fireblade.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Badminton courts - 0 posts
Cravendale Milk - 3 posts
need some advice - 2 posts
To Mortgage or Not to Mortgage - 29 posts
HELP ringing a Spanish mobile - 3 posts
balay appliance engineer - 0 posts
setting up a uk company - 5 posts
Travel insurance for the elderly - 2 posts
Good home study/self study courses - 8 posts
Not available to Spain! - 4 posts
My Little Sat-Nav - 0 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd.... - 6 posts
calibration confusion - 0 posts
The Best & Worst of Spain - 47 posts
Furniture pack/furnishings required soon - 1 posts
Dublin - Murcia - 0 posts
Eye Glasses - 3 posts
Selling surplus solar electric in Spain ? - 9 posts
Iberdrola Pilar and Aguagest in La Zenia - 6 posts
Laundrette - 0 posts
Ryanair Summer Schedule - 0 posts
Loss of TV Channels - 4 posts
So............. - 8 posts
Require details of the Bank(s) which funded AIFOS with Hacienda Marina, Belamadina - 0 posts
Moving in March - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x