Not available to Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Oct 2012 6:09 PM by k 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

I am increasingly seeing this sentence in things such as ebay. I have emailed several purveyors of Cargo bikes in Holland and germany and the reply comes back "sorry we don't ship to spain." I recently got into a heated argument where the owner of a Family bike listed it as you can arrange your own courier. I won it and did just that. The person then sent me an email saying that he did not like it that I had won it and accused me of trying to scam him! BTW he had 3 feedbacks and I have a nealy 800 100% feedbacks. Even though he could see the paypal payment coming through he became more arsey! He then did everything in his power to stop the sale and then gave ebay the excuse of the buyer wants it shipped to somewhere I don't ship to. I did not do anything that he was not stating as possible in the listing and no buying restrictions were placed on the item. I even tried telling him to send it to my brother or parents. I also had a friend offer to pick it up. I told him all this but no dice! Anyway he cancelled the deal and I am still looking for a bike. My point is, what is wrong with sending  to Spain? I have seen many an item that the seller is willing to send to other EU countries but not Spain. Paypal guarantees the payment so what is the risk?

Like 0      
16 Oct 2012 9:06 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Not sure why they won't ship to Spain. Maybe more frauds being committed these days? I know a lot won't ship to Italy for this reason.

Paypal payments are easily reversed by the buyer making all sorts of claims. Paypal will usually err on the side of caution and side with them, ensuring a refund and potentially the goods! I know, it's happened to me in the past when sending goods within the UK.

Mark

Like 0      
16 Oct 2012 9:13 PM by k 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

Sure but that's kind of what the feedback system is for. Plus the money was already in his account.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2012 9:35 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

In my case, the item was purchased and paid for with the registered Paypal account. I sent the item recorded delivery to the verified Paypal address which was signed for. 3 months later I received a chargeback for a "unauthorised transaction". Even though proof of sending and signature was provided, the funds were removed from my account and I received a admin fee charge from Paypal too!!

I have sold stuff on eBay.co.uk before and stated not willing to ship abroad, but still have had items purchased by someone from Belgium.

Maybe the seller has had a bad experience before?

Mark

Like 0      
16 Oct 2012 9:40 PM by k 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

Maybe. It's just a shame as I am seeing this sentence more and more on things. Hence buying more through Amazon these days. I have shipped car parts to the UK , USA and items to Hong Kong without problem. Where would the world be if we all started to mistrust buyers from other countries?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

My Little Sat-Nav - 0 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd.... - 6 posts
calibration confusion - 0 posts
The Best & Worst of Spain - 47 posts
Furniture pack/furnishings required soon - 1 posts
Dublin - Murcia - 0 posts
Eye Glasses - 3 posts
Selling surplus solar electric in Spain ? - 9 posts
Iberdrola Pilar and Aguagest in La Zenia - 6 posts
Laundrette - 0 posts
Ryanair Summer Schedule - 0 posts
Loss of TV Channels - 4 posts
So............. - 8 posts
Require details of the Bank(s) which funded AIFOS with Hacienda Marina, Belamadina - 0 posts
Moving in March - 12 posts
Hello :) - 0 posts
2 Seater Setee for sale - 0 posts
FOLD UP ALLOY BIKE - 0 posts
Non Residents Income Tax (Impuesto sobre la Renta de no Residentes) Form 210 - 0 posts
La Zenia Boulavard.....Superb - 1 posts
El campo - 0 posts
FOLD UP ALLOG BIKE - 0 posts
ORANGE GAS BOTTLE - 0 posts
RENAULT RX4 SPORT - 0 posts
Internet and Telephone - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x