Licence/permit to rent a property for holiday lets

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Sep 2012 9:14 AM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

Does anyone know if I need a licence/permit in the Atalaya Park/Benijofar  area to rent my property for hoiday makers.   I know I will have to declare the rental income on my non residents tax return.

Thanks 

Like 0      
24 Sep 2012 11:53 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This a an extract from a letter in English Sur this week:- 

To help make ends meet, I thought I would look at sharing the place I live with a paying guest. I was quite shocked when I sat down and did the figures.

If I could take 500 euros a month, around 100 euros would be costs.

Around 240 euros would go on national insurance and around 105 euros would be IVA.

So the Government would make around 345 euros and I would 'make' 55 euros and that is before income tax!

I was chatting with friend the other day who said he had asked his accountant what he would need to do, to let a property.

In addition to otter things, one would need a properly registered contact for each person, for each rent and then an inspection with a certificate of safety for the gas installations, again for each rental

At that point I stopped listening..

Please note:  I am not confirming that the info is corrcet, I am just reporting what I heard and read.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 24/09/2012.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2012 12:05 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

According to Maria, the lawyer on here, in the Valencia region the permit is only required if you have more than one property or you have bought the property for the sole reason of renting it out.  There is a difference between residential property being let out on a casual basis and holiday complexes (or "Turistic" areas).  So, according to Maria back in 2009, no you don't need a permit.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

obtaining insurance details - 1 posts
Thinking about moving to Salobrena for winters initially - 1 posts
Seeking to rent a room with en suite in Gibraltar - 0 posts
Car hire Murcia at Easter 2013 - 8 posts
PROPERTIES IN CARTAGENA and MURCIA - 0 posts
car hire alicante - 0 posts
I'm looking for a sailboat up to 30000€ to part exchange with a house in Azores, Santa Maria Island - 0 posts
How many days outside of Spain (with residency card)? - 0 posts
Reasonable behaviour? - 18 posts
SCAM E-MAILS - 10 posts
Kia cars - 4 posts
let's slate Monarch too! - 13 posts
A place in the Sun, live! - 1 posts
Has the ECB gone too far and will it be fair with Spain? - 7 posts
Living in Madrid on 1200 E - 2 posts
Moving to alicante - 0 posts
WARNING TO ALL - 31 posts
Interview with the planning councillor of Orihuela. - 0 posts
Can't get residencia status. - 19 posts
changing endesa electricity bill from company name to personal name - 5 posts
Wealth Tax to stay - 0 posts
Those who like to say, 'Rip Off Spain' - 0 posts
Looking for kids for fashionshoot in Almeria - 0 posts
Buying turf in Marbella area - 1 posts
Alicante / Condado del Alhama Taxi/Airport transfer - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x