obtaining insurance details

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Sep 2012 1:56 AM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 194 posts Send private message

Hi, I am aware that some of you work for the local town hall and maybe able to advise how the system works out here.

Several weeks ago my stationary Audi was hit by another driver. He was brought before the court in fuengirola and I was served with documents requiring me to attend. I was seen by an interpretor at the court who took a statement from me. I was asked whether I wanted the court to send photos of my car to a company they use to give an estimate of the cost of repairs. I think these will exceed the value of the car. Anyway I agreed but have not heard anything further from the court.

I have the police reference number and the drivers name but nothing else. I have phoned the police station in the Coin road Fuengirola but

there was no one available who could speak english.

I have tried to google for an email to the police station but without any luck. Would any one have an email address to which I can write to obtain the drivers insurance details and also how long it may take for the court to obtain a repair estimate. Once obtained, does the court persue the insurers on my behalf or is it up to me.. Thanks Nic.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2012 3:58 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

It appears that the incident was in Mijas, if so try the Foreign residents Dept, 952 58 90 10, they will advise you.

Even if it was not in Mijas they are an excellent source of info

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Thinking about moving to Salobrena for winters initially - 1 posts
Seeking to rent a room with en suite in Gibraltar - 0 posts
Car hire Murcia at Easter 2013 - 8 posts
PROPERTIES IN CARTAGENA and MURCIA - 0 posts
car hire alicante - 0 posts
I'm looking for a sailboat up to 30000€ to part exchange with a house in Azores, Santa Maria Island - 0 posts
How many days outside of Spain (with residency card)? - 0 posts
Reasonable behaviour? - 18 posts
SCAM E-MAILS - 10 posts
Kia cars - 4 posts
let's slate Monarch too! - 13 posts
A place in the Sun, live! - 1 posts
Has the ECB gone too far and will it be fair with Spain? - 7 posts
Living in Madrid on 1200 E - 2 posts
Moving to alicante - 0 posts
WARNING TO ALL - 31 posts
Interview with the planning councillor of Orihuela. - 0 posts
Can't get residencia status. - 19 posts
changing endesa electricity bill from company name to personal name - 5 posts
Wealth Tax to stay - 0 posts
Those who like to say, 'Rip Off Spain' - 0 posts
Looking for kids for fashionshoot in Almeria - 0 posts
Buying turf in Marbella area - 1 posts
Alicante / Condado del Alhama Taxi/Airport transfer - 1 posts
ADMINISTRATOR QUESTION RE AGM - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x