PRIVATE OWNED SPANISH CARS FOR SALE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Aug 2012 10:13 PM by reflect Star rating in Cabo Roig. 9 posts Send private message

We are looking to buy a used car for around 1000 euros, if anyone has a car for sale in  and around the Cabo Roig area?

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 10:19 PM by TamaraEssex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

TamaraEssex´s avatar

I just bought a car for 1500 euros ('cos I wanted air-con).

See the blog post about it .....   http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara/7645/14---a-question-of-trust.aspx

My strong recommendation is to ask your Spanish neighbours, rather than British ones.  The blog post explains why.

Good luck with it -

Tamara

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 5:33 AM by prospain Star rating in Spain & Hong Kong. 38 posts Send private message

prospain´s avatar

Not sure 1,000 euro will buy you anything other than a bag of scrap. Why not consider something else.

steptoe

Left hand or right hand drive. No ITV, Suma or transfer tax.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 11:29 AM by reflect Star rating in Cabo Roig. 9 posts Send private message

Thanks Tamara I checked out your blog, and I shall keep that in mind!!

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 11:34 AM by reflect Star rating in Cabo Roig. 9 posts Send private message

Your probably right Prospain, but luckily for me my husband knows cars inside out, so hopefully we will find one at the right price for our needs, it is a spanish car I want, left hand drive, so I will have to keep looking.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 1:06 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Good luck getting a car for 1000 euros.  Second hand car prices are a joke in Spain.

If you're lucky you might be able to get a bashed up 1995 seat Ibiza for that money!!

This message was last edited by Sanchez1 on 31/08/2012.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 1:34 PM by reflect Star rating in Cabo Roig. 9 posts Send private message

Thanks Sanchez1 I was thinking the same myself after looking around, they are a joke!, will have to buy one in the UK and drive it over, probably a lot cheaper!!, unless of course, someone out there is packing up and going back the Uk and wants to off load their car! lol

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 2:30 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

eosvip-trans

Well reflect it certainly is your lucky day, the heavens must be watching over you. Bert, my next door neighbour has just decided to move back to the UK and sell his beloved car. He said that seeing you are a special case with little or no money he will let you have it at a give away price of 995 euros. The car will come with 2 litres of petrol and half a bottle of screen wash. It has an ITV and Suma, but needs new tyres, luckily only 3. The car has only covered 750,000 kilometres from new and has 11 previous lady owners. Bert says it drives like new. Please PM me when you want to pick it up.  

ROBIN

eossupporter-trans

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 3:30 PM by TamaraEssex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

TamaraEssex´s avatar

It's all a matter of luck, with cars, isn't it?  I bought my ex-partner a 12-year-old SEAT Ibiza for 1000 euros about two and a half years ago, and he hasn't had to spend a single penny on it apart from the annual ITV fee, oh and perhaps one puncture repair.  However it doesn't have air-con.  I'm spending 1500 euros on mine, it's a 10-year-old SEAT Ibiza, with a full year's ITV, a brand new battery, and a replacement gear stick.  All tyres in good nick.  And it's got air-con.  Will it last me?  Who knows.  But it's been owned and driven by the mechanic who lives locally and is a good friend of my neighbour (who has told the mechanic in no uncertain terms to make sure I get a decent runner).

Personally, I wouldn't buy from a Brit going home because the day after I drive off in the car, they will be in another country and they don't care if it's a rubbish car.  My neighbour will check with me every day that the car is alright!  And he'll tell off the mechanic if I have problems.  Just my humble opinion - I would always buy from a local Spanish neighbour or connection.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
02 Sep 2012 10:12 PM by reflect Star rating in Cabo Roig. 9 posts Send private message

Oh Potblack, u r hysterical!!!!!

Like 0      
02 Sep 2012 10:15 PM by reflect Star rating in Cabo Roig. 9 posts Send private message

Tamara you have been really helpful thanks so much !!

Like 0      
02 Sep 2012 10:23 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

As you are at Cabo Roig, take a trip up the Lemon Tree road from Quesada to Guardamar and there is a car dealer on the roundabout near El Raso.  He has cars from 500 euros up with all prices in between.  He even gives a 6 month or one year guarantee on the cars. There is also a newer one a bit further up near the Lemon Tree market but I haven't checked out his prices.

Cars in Spain lose their value from new rather rapidly but then keep the value for a long time, hence old cars seeming to be rather expensive (never a complaint when people are selling their cars, though).  Up to about 5 or 6 years old a car will be comparable to UK prices bearing in mind the high cost of registration every time it is sold. After that they will not fall in value very much, hence 10 year old cars being sold for 4 grand or so when you could get the same in UK for about 800 quid.  

Beware of driving an old banger over from UK.  If you leave it here you will have to put it on Spanish plates which will probably cost more than the car did, especially if you have to change headlights and reversing lights etc.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2012 11:20 PM by TamaraEssex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

TamaraEssex´s avatar

Glad to have been of use Reflect :-)  Hope you enjoyed the blog!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

University student moving to Spain - 1 posts
Looking for large property to rent and moving from Uk to Spain help :) - 2 posts
car hire - 0 posts
Just moved to Spain - How to register - 8 posts
Linking Paypal to spanish bank account - anyone done this? - 17 posts
Aifos - 0 posts
Paralympic streams - for updating satellite receivers. UK TV Costa Blanca - 0 posts
CAR FOR SALE - 0 posts
Centauro Full/ Full from Murcia - 2 posts
Back-dated Endesa rate. - 21 posts
Security systems - 7 posts
Long-term rental required - 26 posts
Deregister Residencia and Healthcare in order to return to UK - 9 posts
Charges for not taking their Insurance - 10 posts
PETITION: To restore responsible buying and selling of property in Spain - 31 posts
Royal Air Forces Association - 0 posts
no touristy information on Murcia - 3 posts
Need ifo on schools - 0 posts
Warning re Insurance Broker - Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Looking for apartment - 2 posts
Modifying a Car in Spain , some clarification from experts required - 64 posts
Iberswitch - 0 posts
Accessing Bankia Account from UK...getting desperate! - 15 posts
Address on NIE/ Social security - 9 posts
Suggestions on a Postcard to... - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x