Long-term rental required

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Aug 2012 10:47 AM by popadom71 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi everyone, I am looking for an apartment for a long term rental, but I require high speed internet (ADSL) to do my work.

Unfortunately most apartments are holiday homes so don't have a phone line. If anyone reading this knows of a let with ADSL please get back to me. Thanks.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 7:06 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

You don't say where you want the rental or when from?

Mark

Like 0      
29 Aug 2012 2:34 AM by popadom71 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Mark,

I didn't say where as I'm not looking for anywhere specific.

I would consider anywhere within an hour of the coast from Valencia to Gibraltar. As for when, as soon as I find something I like.

Do you work in the property industry in Spain?

Like 0      
29 Aug 2012 10:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

No, i'm not an agent, but I know of a few people in the Mojacar/ Vera area, myself included. Ours isn't available until the end of November though.

Mark

Like 0      
29 Aug 2012 11:38 PM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

how long do you want to rent for?

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      
29 Aug 2012 11:54 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

<popadom71 said>...
"I am looking for an apartment for a long term rental, but I require high speed internet (ADSL)"

"most apartments are holiday homes so don't have a phone line"

Perhaps "apartments" aren't the best thing to look for then?

<popadom71 said>...
"I didn't say where as I'm not looking for anywhere specific"

Maybe if you were more specific you'd have a better chance of finding what you're looking for!

Do you work undercover or is my imagination running wild again?   :O)

This message was last edited by growler on 29/08/2012.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 9:24 AM by popadom71 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi,

Thank you for your replies. Mark, yes, Mojacar is unchartered territory to me. I would be very interested. I will inbox you my E-mail

address. Can you forward any details to me please?

Mo & Bryan, thank you, I will view your site. Six months I guess to start with. But I intend to be out there longer.

Pat....I lived in Costa Del Sol for four years,working as a spy for the Russians. My cover was blown,so I am heading East.

However, there is a Morrison's in Gibraltar,so, as I am a master of disguise,I wont rule out a return to those shores.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 10:27 AM by prospain Star rating in Spain & Hong Kong. 38 posts Send private message

prospain´s avatar

If it’s a long term let you are after, why not put a telephone line and high speed internet (ADSL) in yourself?. Or have I missed something here?

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 10:34 AM by popadom71 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

No, you haven't missed anything. But it needs to be installed upon my arrival. I can't afford to wait till 'manana.' I am in England now.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 11:40 AM by TamaraEssex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

TamaraEssex´s avatar

There are lots of long-term rents in my village, Colmenar (25 mins inland from Malaga).  And we have good high-speed internet.  Agreed, most may not have internet currently installed, but if you came out for a few days, viewed a few properties, picked one, and asked the owner or agent to arrange installation, it would be sorted for you when you come out.  Prices in Colmenar are around 250 euros a month for apartments or small village houses, 300 for slightly bigger.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 11:46 AM by prospain Star rating in Spain & Hong Kong. 38 posts Send private message

prospain´s avatar

Well surely you just make it part of the rental contract that it is installed prior to your occupancy. We are living in 2012, even in Spain it’s all done within 7 days, not like 50 years ago with a party line and a 6 months waiting list.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 11:52 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Troll alert

I am sorry but how can anybody be looking to move to Spain, not have a clue where they want to live and then start looking at potential properties to view

popadom71 there are hundreds of potential rentals on this site and many others, I have 30 plus on Corvera, with ADSL capability, but I think that you are wasting peoples time, just look on the sites and then make specific enquires

Please stop wasting peoples time, Russian spy, what a load of rubbish, why don't yoo buy yourself a mobile home with an internet connection then you cam really go undercover

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 1:13 PM by popadom71 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Ok, lets go back to the start. I work online. This means I can work anywhere in the world,barring a few places that I wouldn't want to be anyway.

I need a good internet connection 24/7. I would like to rent somewhere in Spain,I lived in Costa Del Sol last time I was there.(I was not doing this job then so the internet is an unknown quantity to me)

However, a friend of mine(she got me this job) was having nothing but trouble with her connection,one of the reasons she returned to England.

So, with this in mind, I want to make sure I don't have those problems when I come out there. It's no good to me if,every time a cloud passes I lose connection...

This thread seems to be weeding out a few people I certainly wont be dealing with.

To be a little more "specific", I am looking for a comfortable apartment within walking distance of a high street(essential), high speed internet installed already,(essential).

Preferably close to an airport,(not essential),preferably close to the coast,(not essential) anywhere from Gibraltar to Valencia.

Why is it hard to understand that,as I work from home, "It's all about the apartment..?" Area comes second.

I hope this clears things up.

Regards, Dominic Kalashnikov-Lenin.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 1:33 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I stick by my original comments, there are hundreds of suitable properties on this website at hundreds of locations that will fit your  requirements ranging from places like Calpe to Gib, all of the Costas, Torrevieja area, Murcia like Los Alcazares, Mojocar and many other places

With the dramatic increase in the provisioning of wireless internet connections i know that Internt is no longer a problem, in out own case we can get a new connection in 2 dayes or 5 days from Telefonica, it can be ordered before somebody arrives, and it has to be ordered in their name

I believe that you are simpy on a wind up here, you cannot expect people to answer such a non-specific enquiry, take it from somebody that deal with rentals on a daily basis, this is not specific enough and they will be wasting their time with you, especuiall as you claim to have lived here before

You would be better of renting shorterm and then deciding if you liked the area and again there are plenty of properties where internet is already installed, they advertise them online if you look

Please stop wasting people time, TROLL alert

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 1:34 PM by prospain Star rating in Spain & Hong Kong. 38 posts Send private message

prospain´s avatar

eosvip-trans

I agree with inspectahomespain

idiot

eossupporter-trans

This message was last edited by prospain on 30/08/2012.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 2:42 PM by fazeress Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Well popadom71 if nothing else this has given me a good laugh!  You do only need google 'properties to rent in spain' to give yourself a huge choice.  You really need to try and whittle down an area or look at each area in turn and take your time.

Good luck with your search if you are indeed looking......

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 5:20 PM by campoman Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

pompadom..

."the redherring will be on the wing  by Sunday " 

will meet  you in Bobs bar Friday night @7.30  I will be wearing a red carnation , will you be dressed as a woman as usuall???? (send reply by mule on tonights 7.30  Easy jet flight )  I will intercept @ Malaga   you cant trust the internet , its not safe  !   ........      regards 006 1/2

ps if they wont  let the mule on the plane  , send with Ryan air they will accept anything so long as you pay the £600 excess baggage charge  ....................

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 11:39 PM by popadom71 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Well, don't give up your day jobs, as, comedians you are not!!!

I only wanted to know about internet.

Did I not mention that I work online? I'm sure I did, so I know how to use google, thanks.

I cannot see how I wasted anyones time,I did not ask you in person to reply. Maybe you just have too much time on your hands.

The faceless Internet never fails to bring out the worse in people does it.

p.s. I did find out about internet. Not here though. But it was on the internet.

p.p.s Sangria Properties are very helpful should anyone that reads this be looking for a certain spec.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2012 7:40 AM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

I like the sense of humour popadom.

Although you're not a troll in the troublemaking sense you are wasting peoples time with your "testing" posts.

You should be flattered as I took the time to google popadom71 to find you've got multiple pages of eye on spain hits despite only having made a handful of posts. By comparison to any other user names, in terms of hits you're way ahead so your internet marketing training exercise seems to have been successful.

As Jim Royle would say "apartment my ar$e"

Like 0      
01 Sep 2012 8:29 AM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

eosvip-trans

So come on popadom71 what’s your website and what do you do? If you don’t want to tell all your mates on here just send me a PM, I am fascinated to know.

eossupporter-trans

This message was last edited by potblack on 01/09/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Deregister Residencia and Healthcare in order to return to UK - 9 posts
Charges for not taking their Insurance - 10 posts
PETITION: To restore responsible buying and selling of property in Spain - 31 posts
Royal Air Forces Association - 0 posts
no touristy information on Murcia - 3 posts
Need ifo on schools - 0 posts
Warning re Insurance Broker - Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Looking for apartment - 2 posts
Modifying a Car in Spain , some clarification from experts required - 64 posts
Iberswitch - 0 posts
Accessing Bankia Account from UK...getting desperate! - 15 posts
Address on NIE/ Social security - 9 posts
Suggestions on a Postcard to... - 1 posts
Best place to buy a new TV - 13 posts
Corvera airport revisited - 1 posts
Belmonteinternational - 0 posts
Would like to watch English speaking TV - 9 posts
President withdraws resignation - 5 posts
Free guides for rest of August - 0 posts
Dation and balance - 0 posts
Is this REALLY secure and safe? - 6 posts
Rogue Tenant - 0 posts
Property costs in Barcelona - 0 posts
Olympic Bloopers - 4 posts
Advice on the Canary Islands please - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x