Corvera airport revisited

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Aug 2012 6:25 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Well - looks even less likely that Corvera will open.  I have just had an email from Jet2.com saying that flights into Murcia for next summer will be business as usual.   Suits me I have to say.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2012 2:32 PM by BrianLA Star rating in Nottingham/Los Alcaz.... 16 posts Send private message

It's also the lead story on the front of this week's Leader newspaper. Obviously those of us who have properties in Los Alcazares hope these delays go on as long as possible, and we continue to enjoy the convenience of using Murcia San Javier, but the wider point is how much all this uncertainty is having on business confidence and passenger numbers generally at a time of recession.

The whole Corvera project has been ill conceived and badly executed, and reflects very badly on the PP politicians at the region who have pushed it through. I still don't understand the business case for having built the place,which mainly seem to be based on a proposal for a theme park, a scheme for which I still haven't seen confirmation of a single investor putting a single euro of their own cash into. If I lived or had a property near Corvera I'm sure I'd want the airport to open soon, but the whole thing seems to me to bring incovenience to many more than it benefits.

Considering all of the problems with Corvera (are the delays due to the runway, the flight paths, the military, we seem to have a different excuse every week?), I would have thought the politicans along the Costa Calida might have banded together to call for the whole project to be ditched and efforts instead being put into the much more immediate, necessary and beneficial job of getting more passengers through San Javier, which is hardly at full capacity. But if anyone is waiting for the Mayor of Los Alcazares to stand up for his town rather than going  along with his PP cronies at the region, I can tell them that they will have a longer wait than for a flight from Corvera. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Belmonteinternational - 0 posts
Would like to watch English speaking TV - 9 posts
President withdraws resignation - 5 posts
Free guides for rest of August - 0 posts
Dation and balance - 0 posts
Is this REALLY secure and safe? - 6 posts
Rogue Tenant - 0 posts
Property costs in Barcelona - 0 posts
Olympic Bloopers - 4 posts
Advice on the Canary Islands please - 1 posts
Peuguot 307 convert. 2008 For Sale - 0 posts
Long term rental in or around Ciudad Quesada. - 1 posts
Driving a Spanish Registered car in the UK - 41 posts
The Spanish Highway Code - 3 posts
changing the name on my endesa bill - 7 posts
NEW PADRON REQUIRED TO RETAIN HEALTH COVER ???? - 36 posts
duplicate licences, and licence category - 0 posts
Attention Jet2 points collectors - 3 posts
Changed to a Spanish Licence and now robbed of all my catagories! - 15 posts
Torresat - 0 posts
Why Torresat price has gone up - 0 posts
The Torresat price rise - 0 posts
double taxation - 1 posts
Advertising - 12 posts
Post Purchase Checks - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x