How should I play this?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jul 2012 9:25 PM by orcecaveman Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Ive been doing loads of work on the front of our cave, trying to improve the appearance of what was a mess. Ive started to build a wall along the line that the garden / mess was.
A track runs along the front of our cave giving access to several other caves (all French owned). Ive even planted some small shrubs and flowers on the other side of the track (its runs at a very steep gradient in front of our cave and is not surfaced, so rarely gets used by foot let alone cars.)
Yesterday our French neighbours started turning up and today [b]Mr Obnoxious[/b] knocks on our door and says that my wall must be destroyed because he is going to close the track off permanentely (about three properties away) to reform his ruin. The reason is that there must be access for Heavy Goods Vehicles to deliver.
I spent several years driving some big trucks both 2WD and AWD and I can state for sure that due to the incline / surface you wouldn't attempt to take a non AWD vehicle up there laden, although width is not a problem.
The width of the track outside ours and further along is 3.6 metre so how he thinks they would turn around to exit is anybodys guess. But he is insistant that my wall must be destroyed and that he owns the track (yeah right!)
I must point out that he lives in Africa and this is the first time he's visited his ruin in at least five years.
Strange enough the French do seem to have some sort of control over Orce town hall, which is always a worry.

Any advice?

Like 0      
18 Jul 2012 11:03 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

whatever your motives you should not be blocking right of way to other properties, should you now?

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 1:07 AM by orcecaveman Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Norman, thanks for your reply, but if youre suggesting that im blocking access or have altered the access then you haven't read the post properly. Anyway, looks like its soon to be sorted when I take a copy of my works licence down to the town hall and remind them that they gave me permission 

This message was last edited by orcecaveman on 02/08/2012.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 12:03 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Glad a solution is imminent, I wonder why he thinks you are infringing his rights?

Surely you have common interests in improvements?

Good luck but stay away from lawyers if you can.

Norman

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Agricultural Water - 3 posts
Spain needs reform NOW - 93 posts
Latest info re EU Citizen Registration (formerly Residencia) - 17 posts
Travel to Malaysia - 2 posts
Swimming Pool Security Problem - 2 posts
Plumber/DIY person wanted around Quesada area - 0 posts
GOOD NEWS FOLKS - 3 posts
ENDESA - ELECTRICTY DISCONNECTED - 14 posts
WONDERFUL - 0 posts
Moving to Murcia region - 0 posts
Jet 2 NEMA to Murcia - 1 posts
banks - 0 posts
Mount tv in Spanish brick wall - 11 posts
finances - 0 posts
Advice Needed - 2 posts
Come and join us in Baza Granada - 0 posts
podiatrist/chiropodist needed (CB) - 2 posts
Building a business...?! - 5 posts
drink driving - 53 posts
beware "EXACT CHANGE" Bureaux in Malaga Airport - 1 posts
- 0 posts
- 0 posts
New - 4 posts
Best Internet Landline and Mobile Provider - 1 posts
SabadellCAM - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x