IVA Hike

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jul 2012 12:46 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Oh, dear.  A U turn from Rajoy, must be good friends with the UK coalition government.  IVA to increase by 3%

And cuts in unemployment benefit, as well.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2012 3:08 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Yes Bob

What a U turn, I'm sure it was only last week that this IVA hike was denied.

The lower rate of 8% on a raft of food goes up to 10% but the lowest rate stays at 4%

Apparently this comes into force on the 1st August - so maybe a bit of a bun fight leading up to it.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2012 4:54 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am still able to buy ocassionally without any IVA added, but those days are disappearing

Like 0      
11 Jul 2012 4:56 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Buy what?

Like 0      
11 Jul 2012 5:23 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I bought a motor for my electric sun blind

Like 0      
11 Jul 2012 7:24 PM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

At last some action from the Government. This plus the latest cuts is a good start, but Spain has to learn to live within it's means and stop spending money it has to borrow.

Roll on the next series of cuts in employment within Regional and Central government.

David

Like 0      
11 Jul 2012 7:56 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Increasing taxes just reduces income. Look how much they lost & still haven't recouped when they raised the tobacco taxes.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2012 8:05 PM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

guslopez

the government only has income through taxes. They could cut services harder than planned.

This is what happens when you overspend and at the mercey of the Money Markets and the ECB.

Get used to it as when October comes round and Spain (Central and Regional) needs to go to the Market big time further cuts will need to be made.

David

Like 0      
12 Jul 2012 1:35 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I presume that the new 10% VAT rate (up from 8%) will apply to property purchases? 

Since nobody is buying property in Spain (so no VAT being paid), surely a more sensible approach would be to scrap VAT on property purchases to try and tackle the backlog of 1.6 million unsold houses?

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2012 1:57 PM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

Sanchez1

many are unsold as they are junk, think the JCB solution the best. People who are ans want to buy will look towards better quality builds not the rubbish thats on offer.

The JCB option is difficult for the Banks but they are having to devalue the asset anyway. the real value is in the land.

David

Like 0      
12 Jul 2012 3:01 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

The 4% rate for new builds is staying for 2012 - I'm unsure about resales, trying to find out.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2012 1:57 PM by chanson Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

You don't pay IVA on resales, just property transfer tax. There has been no mention of this in recent reports so presumably it will stay as it is at 8% up to 400,000 euro property price (Andalucia) until the 4% IVA tax incentive on new builds comes to an end in 2013. Then they will probably make them the same again at 10% to protect the developers selling new builds!

Like 0      
23 Jul 2012 7:03 PM by spiritofspain Star rating in Riviera del Sol, Mij.... 114 posts Send private message

spiritofspain´s avatar

Now I see a delay has been introduced ..........www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_35281.shtml

Seems they have added a few other sneaky bits too!!

Like ..................There are some items and services being moved to the top rate - glasses and contact lenses, cinema, hairdresser, discotheques, theatre, health products, funerals and cleaning services will move from 8% to 21%.
Oh joy!!!!

This message was last edited by spiritofspain on 23/07/2012.

Margery

www.losarqueros.iowners.net  and www.calahondapark.iowners.net

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Overland Pet transport reviews - 0 posts
Torresat and Teleast - 3 posts
Hello - 0 posts
Vodafone rip Off - 4 posts
Spain medicine charges. - 6 posts
Anyone else had this PM - 5 posts
- 0 posts
taxi needed-1 way only for 3 passengers + luggage 17th July 2012 10:40 alicante airport-dolores zip code 03150 - 2 posts
taxi needed for 3 passengers + luggage one way only from alicante airport to dolores zip code 03150 - 9 posts
costs of monthly medicines - 1 posts
Trendy Barbers - 0 posts
Villa Rental - 1 posts
Healthy in Spain - 2 posts
Selling my property to my UK business partner - 4 posts
onee off payment for internet - 0 posts
Re-mortgages - 2 posts
Log Burners Help - 17 posts
Corvera Airport - 8 posts
A question for those who are legally minded - 0 posts
Duty Free - 2 posts
Exchange rate if Euro collapses - 72 posts
Help I need a good solicitor!!! - 9 posts
cous cous - 1 posts
pool bits,,,, - 0 posts
Contents of 3 bed apartment for sale urgently - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x