Jet 2 sharp practice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jul 2012 12:23 PM by waddle Star rating in Chesterfield & Los N.... 210 posts Send private message

waddle´s avatar
I've always been a fan of Jet 2, booked numerous flights with them over the last few years from a number of UK airports and found the experience preferably to the other budget airlines

However, this year on the last 3 flights I have noticed a change of policy when checking in online and allocating seats

We generally travel as a party of 2 and I always check in 3-4 weeks before departure when the online check in opens. In previous years we have always been allocated seats together, sometimes across an aisle but always adjacent. On the last 3 trips, the pre allocated seats have been 3 or 4 rows apart. I could understood if we were the last to check in but we are probably one of the first. This is also now happening on both legs of the journey

On each occasion I have had to ring the premium 0871 number, on hold for 5 minutes and then told to pay £5.99 per person, per seat, per journey to sit together. I questioned the policy only to be told the only way to guarantee to sit together is to pay and prebook. There are clearly loads of spare seats left as they never have any problem giving me 2 together when they can charge for it

This is nothing more than a money making exercise, almost forcing me into paying by givig me seats which clearly arent going to be acceptable to most people who wish to sit together. I'm tempted next time not to bother with the online check in and take my chances at the airport desk where I can at least argue the toss with a human being

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gelish nail salon in Benijofar? - 13 posts
Hellish nail salon in Benijofar? - 3 posts
Spanish Airport Tax Increases from 1st July - 22 posts
The need for more effective monitoring systems and enforceable regulatory controls - 21 posts
car swap or px - 0 posts
car swap or px - 0 posts
sky costa blanca - 1 posts
Telefonica murcia region - 1 posts
UK driving licence in France & Spain - 2 posts
Wall Insulating in Spain - 36 posts
presedent - 31 posts
Mercedes C180 English headlights - 1 posts
Double Posts Appearing On Blogs - 3 posts
Latest mortgage rates? - 5 posts
buying online - 3 posts
This photo says it all - 4 posts
7th Heaven - 2 posts
Maria de Castro (costaluz lawyers) wins my case against el patio - 3 posts
Soft Tub Wanted - 1 posts
La Cala de Mijas Nr Malaga - bilingual school? - 0 posts
HELP - 2 posts
Car hire - 0 posts
Satellite Phone advise wanted - 1 posts
Scrapyard - 3 posts
Caravan wanted: Does anyone know of one in the Costa del Sol area? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x