Replacement Electricity Meters

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2012 12:11 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I recently received a notice from my electricity supplier, which may be of interest

(This is a Bing Translator translation, slightly amended by me. I have not changed ‘counter ‘ to ‘meter’).

MALAGA, 04 June 2012

Estimated / to Mr./Ms.:

The new Spanish and European regulations (1) promotes the efficiency of the end use of energy through the introduction of a system of smart meters that will contribute to the active participation of consumers in the electricity market.

In order to comply with the regulations, Endesa distribution is developing a replacement plan of all the counters of customers connected to its network of distribution that has been approved by the autonomous community. In this sense, will be coming soon to the replacement of the counter of electricity that is currently in your installation with a new advanced technology with remote management capability. You may rent or purchase property.

Over the next quarter, an operator authorized by Endesa will replace the counter that you have currently installed. For this purpose we will e communicate with you, by placing informational posters in common or easily visible areas, the date and the scheduled time of the change. You will not need to  be present during the replacement of the counter, but must provide access in the case of it being housed in the interior of the House. During the time required for the conduct of operations - such as maximum 30 minutes - supply will need to be interrupted.

Once the replacement, you will receive at home a letter confirming you that the process, carried out satisfactorily, and that already have you new counter, in the same way, in that letter, you will be informed of the reading of the previous counter at the time of his retirement.

The cost of the replacement shall be borne by Endesa and the new counter applies to, as it has been doing up to now, the regulatory rent according to electrical current that is 0.80 euros, and monthly rates before taxes. If you choose to purchase, contact us at the phone care Endesa w 902 509 600 electric distribution.

With this new system, in the near future, their bills will be based on monthly readings of consumption exact (avoiding the current system of estimates), it will have greater agility in the high, low, reconnections, modifications of power, and other numerous improvements associated with the big technological change resulting from the installation of the remote management.

Attached to this letter you will find a leaflet with additional information about the remote management and about the advantages and current and future possibilities offered by this system.

Thanking in advance for your collaboration, receive a cordial greeting.

If you need any clarification on this replacement or if you have any questions, you can do so contacting service phone customer Endesa electric 902 509 600 distribution or through the web channel www.endesadistribucion.com.

We are happy to assist you.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2012 6:48 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

I wonder if they will now consider the implementation of "final meter readings" when people sell property?  It is ridiculous that people have to calculate pro rata bills and then take retentions for the utility bills, when a simple meter reading and final bill would sort it all out.

But I have been here long enough to accept that it probably won't happen - not in my lifetime anyway!

Like 0      
23 Jun 2012 6:50 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Claire as I understand the meter will be read remotely, I don't see that should present any problem assuming the supply company don't invent any.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2012 6:51 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Yes Johnzx ..  but is that a safe assumption????

Like 0      
23 Jun 2012 6:57 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Few years back I called Endesa / Sevilliana and changed the contact on the apartment which my son had just bought in to his name.  No charge, no problems, no paperwork, and I believe I did it in English too, so maybe your wish will come true.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2012 4:27 PM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

healthcare - 2 posts
Importing a car from Switzerland - 0 posts
ADSL Broadband options - Sign up online? - 2 posts
Royal British Legion - 1 posts
Info on Finestrat (nr Benidorm) please! - 7 posts
Will an integrated Freeview TV work with Sky dish in Marbella? - 2 posts
TOURISTS OR EXPATS BEING RIPPED OFF - 33 posts
cameras - 0 posts
Car boots in spain - 3 posts
San Pedro Tunnel - 9 posts
Looking for quality mechanics hand tools. - 3 posts
Help me! Travel to Spain - 0 posts
The best beautiful place in Spain - 5 posts
England v Italy - 0 posts
Car hire no petrol charge - 6 posts
“Don’t let a lost passport ruin your holiday!” New video clip for use on news and community websites launched by British Consulates - 3 posts
Corvera Airport - 10 posts
CAR HIRE COMPANY bSAFECARHIRE ANYONE ?? - 4 posts
- 0 posts
- 0 posts
builders supply water and electric - 8 posts
TRAIN BENIDORM TO CARTAGENA ? - 0 posts
Sportal - 0 posts
Paying off an existing mortgage - 54 posts
Mobile broadband - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x