Info on Finestrat (nr Benidorm) please!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jun 2012 5:23 PM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Hi there, I am considering hiring a holiday house in Finestrat. I have never been to this part of Spain before and therefore do not know much about it, however, I do know that the nearest town is Benidorm.

Now, I am not the kind of person who is really into the tacky, Spanish towns that have been ruined by the British and so by staying in Finestrat will I still be in a nice area with other nice towns and beaches to visit?
Any advice would be great thanks!

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 1:42 PM by Chopera Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

The British didn't ruin Benidorm. Nor any other Spanish town for that matter.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 1:58 PM by I_Love_Javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

Why not try Blackpool - definetely ruined by the British

Shiny happy people - where?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 3:17 PM by Chopera Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

What did the British do to ruin Blackpool?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 3:24 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

On a somewhat more helpful track (!) Finestrat is a village of two parts. The seaside bit is cheek by jowel with the southern end of Benidorm and can be described as an extension of that town. The old town (plus its developments) sits inland from the above and is said to be rather nice. It is some time since I was in either parts, I admit, but is unlikely to have improved.

Personally I would recommend Benitachell or Moraira, just south of Javea/Xabia.

This message was last edited by marcbernard on 02/08/2012.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 6:46 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

Yes, Finestrat village is rather nice and it has a lovely 'Spanish' feel about it that you would probably like.  If, however, you're looking at a holiday home in the area that marcbernard mentions...it is several kilometers from the village itself and, as a huge area marked out for development of holiday homes (with much of it unfinished), I don't think it's really what you're looking for.  Take a look on Kyero.com and you'll see just how many properties are for sale in this area which will give you a real clue as to what  I mean.  But, if you're just looking for a base from which to explore, it's OK as somewhere to come back to at the end of the day!  BTW Don't rule Benidorm out as somewhere to visit.  The old part is wonderful and Benidorm, itself, is lively, interesting and has a fantastic beach. Actually, the whole area of Northern Costa Blanca is worth exploring as there are some wonderful places to visit and the scenery is absolutely stunning.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 7:25 PM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Thanks people, i've actually come back from the mountain village of Finestrat (not cala de finestrat) and we had a lovely time, it was a great place to stay.

We also visited both parts of Benidorm and we agreed that the old town was really nice, lots of great tapas bars. But, as we thought, the newer part was pretty chavtastic, far too crowded, awful shops, belly buster restaurants, lots of huge, overweight tourists with their guts hanging out etc etc!!!

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 10:28 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

We have peopke like that here where we live in the UK.......but they're the locals! lol

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Will an integrated Freeview TV work with Sky dish in Marbella? - 2 posts
TOURISTS OR EXPATS BEING RIPPED OFF - 33 posts
cameras - 0 posts
Car boots in spain - 3 posts
San Pedro Tunnel - 9 posts
Looking for quality mechanics hand tools. - 3 posts
Help me! Travel to Spain - 0 posts
The best beautiful place in Spain - 5 posts
England v Italy - 0 posts
Car hire no petrol charge - 6 posts
“Don’t let a lost passport ruin your holiday!” New video clip for use on news and community websites launched by British Consulates - 3 posts
Corvera Airport - 10 posts
CAR HIRE COMPANY bSAFECARHIRE ANYONE ?? - 4 posts
- 0 posts
- 0 posts
builders supply water and electric - 8 posts
TRAIN BENIDORM TO CARTAGENA ? - 0 posts
Sportal - 0 posts
Paying off an existing mortgage - 54 posts
Mobile broadband - 1 posts
If any interest for cheap barcelona restaurants.. - 1 posts
VAT on consumables? - 3 posts
POUNDLAND / 99P SHOP - 10 posts
Newbie to the Forum - 0 posts
MODERN AND TRANSPARENT JUSTICE IN SPAIN - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x