Car Hire - Help Please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Apr 2012 3:12 PM by robinsp Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

We are going out to our apartment for 4 days for May day.  Are there any car hire companies at Malaga airport where we do not have to pay for a full tank of petrol that we will not use?

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 3:31 PM by manyarna Star rating in the UK- Heart is in .... 59 posts Send private message

Do they no longer refund you if you take it back full?

I prefer it "Full" as otherwise we always got a car that was running on fumes and had to stop at the closest garage.

We used a couple last year so will pul out my reciepts later to check.

We have used Holiday Autos and I think malagacar.com?

I dont know what the rates are like but brunoscar.com offer a "same" policy on fuel.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 4:21 PM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

I have used http://www.hirecarsinspain.com/ the last few times i have been over.  You get 1/2 tank of fuel and return with the same amount.  Quick, reliable and friendly.  The car was with malagacar.com.  

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 5:42 PM by manyarna Star rating in the UK- Heart is in .... 59 posts Send private message

I used the company below many years ago loads of times 

http://whitecarhire.com/

Not the absolute cheapest but the service was brilliant as it was a brother and sister team. All i can remember sadly was that the Brother was killed in a car accident but the sister "Patricia" ? continued but soon after we bought our own car.

May be worth a try if you want that personal service. She speaks English

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 6:07 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Can also recommend http://www.hirecarsinspain.com/ - used to rent from them whenever we came here and recommend them to anybody coming here.   Great service and you can choose from different companies (when you get a quote online, it will list different car hire firms, from which you can choose).  You can also check out the fuel policy for each company.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 7:50 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I have recently been using www.lococar.com. Lots of choice, not sure how many will wive full though. Most do full/ full or return with what is in the tank on 3 days or less.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 10:49 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I haven't used them but okaycars.com website does from Malaga.  Put in a booking for a week in June and the T&Cs say that a full tank will be provided and must be returned with a full tank.  Might be a goer.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2012 1:52 PM by Simon S Star rating in UK & Marbella. 1 posts Send private message

I was actually searching on EOS for the same answer when I found your question.  A lot of the posts I found were a few years old and the companies recommended have now joined the bandwaggon.

I've just returned from spain and got ripped off from Gold Car and have vowed never again.  We drove from Marbella to Sierra Nevada near Granada return and only used 3/4 tank as it was diesel.  My findings before finding this post were -

marbesol         full/empty unless you go for unlimited option but this costs substantially more.
malagacarhire  full/full  However in insurance section it mentions Niza Cars will take 300 Euro deposit on insurance. I wonder if fuel policy is also different and you won't find out until you arrive.
autosflores     return with same fuel, however this is a small company.

It's a shame the comparison sites dont allow you to exclude full/empty companies.   It encourages people to drive for the sake of it, to get there moneys worth - hardly environmentally friendly !

Will watch this post with interest!  Regards, Simon

Like 0      
18 Apr 2012 6:03 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I have heard other people complaining about Goldcar - however we have just returned from Spain having hired a car from Goldcar - 11 days for 39 euros, under 4 euros per day!

If you factor in the fuel at 60 euros for the full tank, it still works out at motoring inclusive of fuel for under 10 euros a day. The car was perfect, nearly new, clean, and we had no problems with it.

I accept that if I don't use all the fuel then they are getting something back, but that's why the price is so low.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reputable Removal Company - 3 posts
Driving to spain/ Pet Friendly Hotels - 1 posts
sending stuff to spain - 5 posts
Timeframe for receipt of AGM/EGM minutes - 42 posts
Looking for Accomodation Andalucia within San Roque to Manilva area - 6 posts
living in a mobile home - 19 posts
CAR HIRE MOJACAR - 2 posts
What would be the best way to promote my business? - 11 posts
WANTED: Do you want to sell, swap or longterm rent your Villa - 1 posts
BMIBaby fees - 5 posts
Wanted - Accommodation in Gibraltar / San Roque / Algeciras / Manilva areas - 0 posts
Legal tip 744. Bank accepts property back in Courts - 0 posts
diy stores - 2 posts
Subaru Forester For Sale - 1 posts
New Member - 2 posts
Is the net closing in for Torresat TV- latest news UK TV Costs Blanca - 6 posts
Bancaja/Bankia Fiasco - 30 posts
Letting - Double taxation Spain and UK - 1 posts
Legal right of a tenant in Barcelona - 0 posts
Moving from NIE to residencia - 27 posts
taking dogs to murcia - 1 posts
Help Please - 18 posts
TV problem with community 'rules'. Help? - 0 posts
TV problem with community 'rules'. Help? - 50 posts
Is it a good idea to go for buy to let now? - 25 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x