Looking for Accomodation Andalucia within San Roque to Manilva area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Apr 2012 7:55 PM by MandyH Star rating in Yorkshire, at presen.... 8 posts Send private message

Hola

I am planning to come over at the start of May to find work in Gibraltar and am in need of accommodation!

I'm looking for good priced accommodation on a bus route to Linea! For a week, a few weeks or maybe longer, depends on the work situation!

A room to rent ? or A small 1 bed apartment including utilities? or can anyone suggest any hostels (short term)!  However, I'm in need of wifi to help with my research for work and a kitchen to keep the costs down!

I need a base to explore my working and living options!!!!!!!! 

Also, any other advice re living in this area, public transport or working in Gibraltar would be most appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation of your replies, Mandy :)

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 6:40 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Hi Mandy

It's best to stick to one question per post or else it's too much for us 

Have you had a look for accommodation in the long term rentals section of the site here?

The only word of caution I would give you about Gibraltar is that the new government there has already made quite a few (around 500) non-Gibraltarians redundant there as they are giving preference to Gibraltarians for jobs now.  So I'm not sure Gib is such a sure bet as it used to be work wise.

Just something to be aware of.

You can also look at jobs in Gibraltar here on EOS to see what's available at the moment.

If you're not going to have a car then you're going to have to live pretty near to the rock really, probably La Linea or San Roque, but any further I'm not sure how reliable the public transport is.

Anyway, best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 8:13 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

You could also check out a site local to the area, Manilva Life, where you will see a situations vacant section where Gibraltar recruitment companies also post positions.  (Maybe some same positions as on this site, but you can check anyway).

ML will also give you a little more information about this area.

Good luck!

Like 0      
18 Apr 2012 9:59 PM by MandyH Star rating in Yorkshire, at presen.... 8 posts Send private message

Hola & Gracias for your replies :)

Justin, sorry to bother you.  Can I ask, re government redundancies, was that jobs with various government departments? and how recent?  I worked for the local goernment, Police, in the UK but left late last year, redundancy!  Thank you for all the advice you have provided, appreciated, Mandy :)

Thank you Pitby, also appreciated :)

Like 0      
18 Apr 2012 11:13 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Mandy, the redundancies in Gib haven't been in the government departments, they are from the private sector!

It's just something to be aware of.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
18 Apr 2012 11:42 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Most of the jobs boom in Gibraltar in recent years have been in online gaming/gambling due to the very low tax rate.  The UK government just announced that these companies that service the UK market will now be taxed by the UK.  So this is a bit of a worrying development...

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2012 7:56 PM by MandyH Star rating in Yorkshire, at presen.... 8 posts Send private message

Hola

Gracias for the update with regards to the work situation in Gibraltar at present, Mandy.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

living in a mobile home - 19 posts
CAR HIRE MOJACAR - 2 posts
What would be the best way to promote my business? - 11 posts
WANTED: Do you want to sell, swap or longterm rent your Villa - 1 posts
BMIBaby fees - 5 posts
Wanted - Accommodation in Gibraltar / San Roque / Algeciras / Manilva areas - 0 posts
Legal tip 744. Bank accepts property back in Courts - 0 posts
diy stores - 2 posts
Subaru Forester For Sale - 1 posts
New Member - 2 posts
Is the net closing in for Torresat TV- latest news UK TV Costs Blanca - 6 posts
Bancaja/Bankia Fiasco - 30 posts
Letting - Double taxation Spain and UK - 1 posts
Legal right of a tenant in Barcelona - 0 posts
Moving from NIE to residencia - 27 posts
taking dogs to murcia - 1 posts
Help Please - 18 posts
TV problem with community 'rules'. Help? - 0 posts
TV problem with community 'rules'. Help? - 50 posts
Is it a good idea to go for buy to let now? - 25 posts
the problem with the ENDESA ON LINE WEBSITE! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!! - 15 posts
BARGAIN - Stunning White Sofa + Matching Furniture For Sale - 0 posts
Edinburgh Crystal Decanters - 2 posts
help - 0 posts
help - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x