Valencia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by jeroenmaas1989 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I saw this really beautiful video of Valencia, really funny!

Can somebody give me some info about Valencia, or experiences?

Thanks

Like 0      
29 Mar 2012 9:49 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Hi Jeroenmaas1989,

It's a truly fabulous place, with something for everyone.  There's a combination of the large beach within walking distance of the city which itself has beautiful gardens and buildings, some of significance historically and architecturally.  There are also some modern futuristic structures that you can see on the F1 circuit.

They do the usual open top bus tour there and we went round several times on different occasions to take it all in.  The tapas bars are amongst the best in Spain as is the shopping.  In summer they have a considerable number of concerts of all types of music.  The main venue is situated in a building which is alongside the old riverbed (the river was diverted a few years ago) but now it a large landscaped area and quite cleverly they have speakers situated all around so you can hear the music being played inside the building.

The only downside is the traffic - at certain times the centre can be a nightmare, as is parking.  Also the road network system around Valencia is not as good as other major cities in Spain.

Property prices were comparatively cheap until they became the venue for some of the major yachting races and F1 a few years ago.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2012 9:42 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

I drove through Valencia last year on route from Santander to Mojacar and I have to say it looked like a beautiful city, both architecturally and very green too with lovely wide streets.  When we next visit Spain I think we will stay in the Valencia area for sure.  We are both somewhat fed up with the costas now.  I do have a friend that teaches in Valencia so will pick her brains as well re renting a villa late next year.  What's the winter weather like around November time?

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
15 Sep 2012 10:03 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

November is generally lovely during the day, but the nights are decidedly chilly.  Often it's a couple of degrees cooler than cds, but a few years ago we were there in December and I stupidly got  decidedly sun burnt on the face when sat in a restaurant by the beach.  But it was a Spanish lunch that took a couple of hours or so.

I've not yet been to every major city in Spain, but Valencia remains top of the list and so far nothing else comes even close.

I understand your comment re the costas - IMHO great for a while, but too many Brits behaving badly and large parts with too much concrete and plastic.  But Valencia is the kind of place I could happily retire to as a city it's got real depth.  I'm not vaguely a "culture vulture" but you do miss it after a while.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2012 11:29 AM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi Valencia is a great city break but you do need a few days there as there is so much to do.I went there for a visit for a day from the cruise ship this may.We had a great tour guide and went to the art and science Museum.Irene  

Like 0      
16 Sep 2012 11:16 PM by MAC75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

MAC75´s avatar

I have lived in Madrid and Valencia. I know Barcelona and Seville. Valencia is by far the easiest place to live. Highly recommend it.

I have lived here for 13 years now, previously in other Cities.

Fantastic restaurants, parks, aquarium, zoo (Bioparc), culture, museums,entertainment, clean, historical celebrations such as Fallas and Tomatina, the people are very friendly, bars,clubs, shopping centres, beaches, lakes, mountains,the list is endless.

The only thing I don't like about Valencia is the humidity in August. Can't stand it. My favourite month is October.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Quad wheels & tyres. - 0 posts
Stagecoach Theatre School "Musical 2012" 3 tickets for sale - 0 posts
Swimmimg pool liners - 4 posts
CPS Spain Rentals Benalmadena - 4 posts
Endesa and Aquagest direct debits - when and how much? - 2 posts
Residencia - 14 posts
Return of deposit - 16 posts
Long term rental advance payments advice.... - 2 posts
Clampdown on rogues in Spain - 1 posts
Ex Pats Gay Groups - 4 posts
Actual weather in Manilva / La Duquesa area? - 3 posts
Murcia Area- Working Potteries around Totana, Murcia Area - 0 posts
Smart Car for sale or swop - 1 posts
Have our eye on Spain - 24 posts
HOTEL KEY CARDS - 6 posts
Wanted, red/silver gas bottle - 0 posts
Homestay in Spain - 0 posts
COURT STAFF CUTS - 1 posts
Sue & Brian Here.. looking for dog friendly hotel/B&B/motel near Logrono Area.. - 0 posts
Builder for fencing needed in Riviera del Sol, Mijas-Costa - 1 posts
Apartment for rent - 0 posts
Car rental insurance for UK visit - 2 posts
Baja Consular is it cruel joke - 12 posts
Mercedes SL or similar WANTED - 0 posts
Cost of automatic swimming pool cleaner (suction or electrical driven) - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x