Place in the sun Live, Earls Court March 30th-April 1st. 2012

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Mar 2012 9:05 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Good luck, Georgia.  

I hope that you find lots of people interested in buying in Spain, as when it goes right it is a wonderful place to live.  We had a bad experience initially and may have lost money in our first attempt to buy a property here (we still live in hope of getting some of our deposit back!), but we now live in a new flat on the edge of Jumilla and love our life here.

Please post on EOS on your return, as we would all be interested in knowing how much interest there is in buying here and what people's perceptions are.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
03 Apr 2012 6:51 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

The organiser of A Place in the Sun is reducing its NEC show footprint by 10 per cent this year despite expectations of attracting the same number of visitors.

The biannual show was most recently held at London’s Earls Court from 30 March to 1 April and reported a nine per cent dip in year-on-year attendance to 4,753 (unaudited). The figure was a 16 per cent increase on visitors to its Birmingham show last October.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2012 10:08 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

georgia, how did the show go?  What was the interest like in property in Spain?

Hope it went well for you.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Apr 2012 10:18 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Justin,

The show went really well,i think we were all really suprised.

We booked 71 people out in 3 days,it worked out at just over 3.4 couples an hour booking to come out and another 25 or so asking good questions and looking to come out this year.

We have provisionally booked to do the NEC in September and from the booking plan its nearly 3/4 full already.

We haven't done an expo for 4 years and i was a bit sceptical myself,in the end i was pleasantly suprised.

We got caught in the strike action coming back and we are all pretty exhausted but.....we sold one from the stand and the first client on the stand at10.00am Friday morning is here now after we picked them up from the airport last night....i think we have 6-7 out next week.

I didnt get to see any of the presentations but i understand they got a good reception.

The most frequent comments were regarding people being suprised at the prices.

There was a demonstration outside from about 50 people so i hear regarding land grab,Cyprus not Spain though.

So all in all, very productive.

It was nice to see a few members of EOS as well,thanks for taking time out to come and have a chat,it was nice to put a few faces to names.

Just as a note,i do not know how London is going to cope with the Olympics!!!! its crammed to the hilt already,although  a lot of people who spoke to us are going abroad to avoid it.

We are now preparing to work through Easter to keep up but i am definitely not moaning!!

Like 0      
04 Apr 2012 10:40 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Wow, that's a great result and so glad to hear it went well.

I suppose for people who haven't been following what's been going on in the property market over here in recent times they would be surprised at how much the prices have dropped.

Great stuff and hope you get plenty of sales out of it 

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Apr 2012 12:07 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia, glad it turned out so well for you.. but must admit very surprised at such a high sign-up rate also!  As has been suggested already I guess many people may not have kept up with price shifts so were pleasantly surprised, particularly if they have ample disposable income. 

Out of curiosity I'm wondering if / how you pre-qualify someone (financially) on the spot, for trips across as unless you have at least some relatively small financial commitment from them, isn't there a danger that if they don't convert it could impact on your business financially? (I'm assuming the days of £29 flights and free hotels in return for very high % conversions are probably long gone!).

ps - No need to respond in any detail if anything is commercially sensitive. 

This message was last edited by growler on 04/04/2012.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2012 12:51 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Growler,

As you say,the days of the fully paid inspection trip are long gone.

As in qualifying people financially..well...if they are cash purchasers we purely have to rely on trust,if they are clients that require mortgage,we AIP them with a bank  first before they come out,this saves our time and theirs if they dont qualify for a mortgage.

The conversion rate is still very low as people take longer in general to make a decision but we take this for granted now and it becomes part of the job.

We only ask for two things with any client known as the M&M....Means and Motivation,its then down to us to do our job right and find the property that ticks most of the boxes.

If anything i underestimated how busy we would be,both at the show and now we are back..........

If anything the show taught me that there are a lot of people out there very positive about coming to Spain.

(Justin) we had some EOS members ther that drove a long way to be there,they were all very complimentary of the site and the job you are doing also.

Bring on Birmingham!!!!!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Opinion and advice on foreign currency mortgage - 9 posts
doctoers online appoinments. - 1 posts
Les Miserables in Concert inside the Rock of Gibraltar! Males singers and choir wanted. - 6 posts
2012 - SAVE UP TO 10% ON BRITTANY FERRY CROSSINGS.FRANCE AND SPAIN - 2 posts
Urbanization Annual AGM - 3 posts
provisional license - 1 posts
Debtors Voting at Meetings - 3 posts
HELP! SOME KIND OF CAR TICKET for 900 euros!!!!! - 5 posts
Help with wierd translation - 1 posts
Buying a LHD car... - 5 posts
Murcia Appeal Court states Polaris has breached contracts - 7 posts
The Cheapest Diesel in Spain..... - 18 posts
terrace - 1 posts
Help needed - 5 posts
Help from a distressed brit - 1 posts
there are good ones out there - 3 posts
Tennis holidays - 0 posts
Is there a transfer tax to pay? - 0 posts
The Cheapest Diesel in I can get is €124.9 a litre - 2 posts
best banks in spain - 3 posts
CGT double payment in Spain and UK - 1 posts
Compassion with developers? - 4 posts
There is, in fact, NOTHING that we can do... - 11 posts
Can you recommend a good (conveyancing) solicitor in/near Malaga capital? - 0 posts
Virtually free flights from Murcia (San Javier) - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 47

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x