HELP! SOME KIND OF CAR TICKET for 900 euros!!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by sandybrown09 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Today, my husband signed for a post that turns out to be from Transit office in Tarragona  telling us to pay a 900 euro fine! 

For what we dont know???  There is a supposed vehicle infraction  which appears to be on Oct.5 2011 in Tarragona. Something happened- a hearing or something-we dont know - on 29 December 2011 at 9 am. We dont know!!

The licence plate no. is correct. The address is not.  The correo notice went to a neighbour's who recognised the name. The address on this Transit notification is incorrect.

The infraction (infraccio) seemsSomething about driver identification/ title.

I am guessing the following: A speeding ticket maybe that we did not receive? That required a response as to the driver's id?

We dont live in Tarragona, nor visited. BUT on 5 October late evening, he did pick me up from Reus Airport which COULD be in Tarragona. 

What on earth do we do with a 900 EURO FINE for something we dont know about??

What supposed offense attracts a 900 euro fine.. with no notice.??

More important, how do we respond!

HELP!

Like 0      
12 Mar 2012 8:17 PM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

We had something similar, which was a speeding ticket for a day when we were not here!! We were in the UK!! A Spanish friend of ours phoned trafico in Sevilla who told him that the computer had made a mistake and had sent out hundreds of fines. If we had not questioned this due to the fact that it was impossible as we (and the car) were in the UK. We would have paid it!! I bet we never would have got the money back!

Like 0      
12 Mar 2012 9:02 PM by georgeh Star rating in condado de alhama sp.... 1462 posts Send private message

the website is dgt.es

personally i think 900 e speeding ticket means you were really hammering it-lol

so im guess it wasnt you

they will issue  a denuncia if its unpaid so that means a court appearance where you can argue your case

but i would write to them first with the notification number and ask them to check their facts and find out where the offense occured!

Like 0      
12 Mar 2012 9:06 PM by georgeh Star rating in condado de alhama sp.... 1462 posts Send private message

https://sede.dgt.gob.es/SEDE/documentos/multas/cuadro_velocidad_1.pdf

max speed fine is 600 e so this looks like horsemanure

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 12:50 AM by restaurantdominiques Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there

I had the same and this is because the original was a speed fine of 100 euros but the driver would have had to identify themselves as the driver and then another letter would be received with the official fine. As that wasn't done, you then receive a fine of 900 euros. There is a way round this. Your insurance company has a specialized department for fines, if you ring them up and ask them, they will ask you to scan or fax the fine to them and they will write letters to the trafico dept and bring the fine back to its original amount and identify the driver! You should not have to pay extra for this as it is a service which all insurance companies provide which you already pay for.
I hope this was some help.

Regards
Dominique

Like 0      
20 Mar 2012 2:18 PM by MizzFixit Star rating in Sunny Marbs. 46 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
MizzFixit´s avatar

Yes, I agree with Dominique.  I've had experience with this and Linea Directa (my insurance company) were extremely helpful.

www.mizzfixit.com

I organise, you relax

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help with wierd translation - 1 posts
Buying a LHD car... - 5 posts
Murcia Appeal Court states Polaris has breached contracts - 7 posts
The Cheapest Diesel in Spain..... - 18 posts
terrace - 1 posts
Help needed - 5 posts
Help from a distressed brit - 1 posts
there are good ones out there - 3 posts
Tennis holidays - 0 posts
Is there a transfer tax to pay? - 0 posts
The Cheapest Diesel in I can get is €124.9 a litre - 2 posts
best banks in spain - 3 posts
CGT double payment in Spain and UK - 1 posts
Compassion with developers? - 4 posts
There is, in fact, NOTHING that we can do... - 11 posts
Can you recommend a good (conveyancing) solicitor in/near Malaga capital? - 0 posts
Virtually free flights from Murcia (San Javier) - 1 posts
help us find a pianist! - 2 posts
Changeover costs - 30 posts
Real Murcia FC - 8 posts
Satellite Dish, dual LNB for sale - 8 posts
Im looking for LADDERS - 0 posts
I am writing an article for a rental website entitled: Hotels Vs. Villas - 6 posts
Hola! Just a simple introduction - 7 posts
gas heaters - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x