HIGH INTEREST INVESTMENTS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Nov 2014 8:30 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Call me old fashioned, but on my annual search for a more profitable home than my bank for a recent inheritance I noticed a scheme that looked too good to be true. It was and still is underwritten by Equitable Law Capital (look them up on carterroyali. com, this aroused my suspicions), they use the Law Societies £50K investor guarantee and not the FSA's £85K, they use investor capital to fund expensive legal projects, at least that is what they say. I completed the on line request for further info, giving them my name, phone number and email address (they would have had the latter from my email request, I never received any information just phone messages to call them back. On investigating this scheme it isn't a year old, no track record, no testimonials, no financial journalist articles, needless to say I have not taken this any further, but I wager that some have.

Take care out there guys.    

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
30 Nov 2014 4:42 AM by The_Scammed Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hughjarse - am I to suppose it all our greedy faults for taking advice from LYING CHEATING IFAs? Isn't that part of what they are supposed to do - advise which funds to avoid? There was not just one rougue conman, all the IFAs were at it. They kept on conning investors right up to the very end, four years after there were obvious problems at LMIML.

There was nothing 'too good to be true' or 'get rich quick' about it. Only about three percent over UK bank rates in a sound country with a booming economy and high interest rates. The IFA's speil to 000's of vicims was always the same  "...a low risk safe investment...doubly regulated...backed by commercial mortgages...just like a bank..."

None of the victims went directly to LMIML, because that was not allowed. You had to be recommended to invest there by an IFA. It was the IFAs that were the last link to the public in a short chain - the equivalent of a street corner drugs pusher. Expats looking for safe investment were scammed by SHYSTER IFAs looking for a exorbitant commissions.

Crookesey - you have it right now, don't believe what anyone tells or advises you, particulalry IFAs. Any idea how many IFAs currenlty have that fund as one of their products?

Like 0      
30 Nov 2014 8:06 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

I 'have it right now', because I have said something that you agree with. Insulting Hugh's user name doesn't make you any more right, and where are all these high interest rates in the UK? I wish that I could find over 2.00% on one year deals.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
30 Nov 2014 7:47 PM by RIVIERAESTATES Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by RIVIERAESTATES on 30/11/2014.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advice needed urgently please re spanish mortage offer - 29 posts
Do I need a licence? - 5 posts
Private Messages - 1 posts
English football with a 3 oclock kick off - 2 posts
Atalaya golf share - 1 posts
EGM and who can vote - 18 posts
Roda (Golf and Beach Resort) Furniture Package for Sale - 0 posts
Solar Power on Communities - 23 posts
English channels. - 3 posts
EUC (Residnents committe) meeting debacle - 0 posts
information wanted about Energysaversspain please.save up to 30% on electricity? - 4 posts
transfer onto spanish plates - 3 posts
Lawyrs fees on claiming back Capitol gains tax - 5 posts
UK or Spanish Mortgage? - 1 posts
Generic Bank Guarantee's - 24 posts
Stroppy Tenant - 6 posts
Kindle with 3G - 17 posts
Standing Charges - 4 posts
high chair - 0 posts
travel cot - 0 posts
A question for Justin re Blog comments - 3 posts
Mobile Internet - 14 posts
Claiming back IVA in UK or Spain for refurbishment - 7 posts
A Big Thank You - 4 posts
Campsite? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 84

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x