Sol Bank Refuse to Pay Out

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sol Bank Refuse to Pay Out

I have no way of knowing of this is correct. 

A friend told me this morning that a friend of his was unable to withdraw 2,000 euros from his deposit account with Sol Bank and was told he would have to return in the New Year.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2011 12:46 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Is there some sort of block on the deposit account? Or a penalty that would no longer be applicable in 2012? Otherwise this does not sound right at all!

Joan

Like 0      
20 Dec 2011 2:12 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I heard on the radio of a case of someone trying to withdraw 50,000 Euros from CAM bank and were refused (although I think this has now been rectified) but I hadn't heard anything about Sol Bank.

And I'm with Joan on the whole Sol Bank thing, it doesn't sound right, there must have been another reason for it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Dec 2011 2:18 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Justin

I think the amount they wanted to draw was 2,000 Euros.

But as I said I cannot confirm the story.   I just posted it for info.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2011 4:29 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

...and that's how rumours start.

A friend of a friend said something, which cannot be confirmed, someone else posted it on an internet forum, tomorrow it'll be in the Daily Wail and all of a sudden it will be FACT!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Dec 2011 4:50 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Or what I was told, and passed on for the benefit of others, may in fact be true.  If is / was, and I had not passed it on,  some may have rightly said that I had no concern for others.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2011 12:49 PM by dms Star rating in Spain. 27 posts Send private message

dms´s avatar

Most deposit accounts have conditions attached. Sometimes you need to give notification of withdrawals so this could be the case in this situation. Unless you know all the details of what was agreed when the account was opened it's difficult to say why the friend of a friend can't draw his / her money out. I would think that it would be reasonable to assume that there is a justifiable reason for the time delay in withdrawals.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2011 1:00 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Sol bank, Cam bank I believe are all now Banco Sabadell.

Like 0      
26 Dec 2011 4:02 AM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

I have never liked Sol bank, or their high account maintenance charges.

We switched to Cajamar (see other post - but again, please check your facts before scaring us all!)

We can get up to Eu2,999 on the day - no notice required, but they ask for 24hrs notice for amounts over Eu3,000.

Fair enough ;)

Happy new year all! (Now that Xmas is nearly over ;)

Like 0      
26 Dec 2011 8:25 PM by Val Star rating in Pinar de Campoverde .... 160 posts Send private message

Val´s avatar

We bank with Solbank, with an Expansion account, with no charges at all.  We just have to have our pensions/salaries paid directly into our account.  We also get 2% of our utility bills refunded because they are paid on direct debit.  They also bring my company pension over each month, interbank rate and no charges.   We have no complaints at all with Solbank.

Make the most of today.  It has taken all your life to get her...

Like 0      
27 Dec 2011 2:29 PM by benjamintim Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Sol Bank are a tottal con i would never trust them or there managers i am at present taking them to court so can say no more at present but will post more when we can

Like 0      
23 Jan 2012 12:16 PM by debbie01 Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 11 posts Send private message

We have banked with Sol Bank for 6 years and are very happy with their service.  They are professional and extremely helpful and indeed we have recommended their services to many of our property management customers.

For your security, they set a weekly and monthly limit on your account.  It is highly probable that the limit had been achieved and therefore the individuals were advised to return the following week at the start of the new monthly period.  This limit can easily be increased by going to your branch and asking for this to be changed.

It saddens me that many people are so negative about Spanish companies and services, thinking that everyone is scamming or doing something underhand.  If the individuals asked the bank why they would have been told about this and they would have fellt at ease.  This has happened to me and I simply increased my limits.  The title of this thread should be changed as it is misleading and could cause all sorts of issues. 

Hope this helps.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Registering on electoral roll UK - 7 posts
Domestic Partner - 4 posts
Blocking of view. - 6 posts
Expats to be 'rescued' from Spain and Portugal!!!! - 187 posts
Happy Christmas, good luck and a prosperous New Year to everyone. - 0 posts
Obligation to purchase share in Cajamar Bank - 6 posts
Generic Bank guarantes-new buyers - 1 posts
Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone - 8 posts
Severe weather warnings in Spain - 0 posts
Butane gas - 14 posts
Morrisons Gibraltar - 2 posts
Electricity Prices Going up 25%?? - 1 posts
volantery contributions needed for the repair of the road at Camino Nicola Estepona - 0 posts
Marble crystalliser? - 2 posts
blue paraffin - 3 posts
Euro VS Sterling - 39 posts
Just moved to Puerto de Mazarron, Murcia - 2 posts
Hi, Im looking for yoga/meditation in Costa del Sol. - 1 posts
mortgage applied for - 5 posts
Sourcing stuff... a source of frustration! - 9 posts
Valor Catastral revalue in Marbella 2011 / 2012 - 4 posts
POLICE WARNING - 5 posts
paraja de hecho - 2 posts
Turkey for christamas - 5 posts
HELPING ALL THE DOGS & CATS ABANDONED OR IN THE REFUGES - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x