Blocking of view.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

We had a wonderful sea view. Now it is blocked by our neighbour. We have talked/shauted to them, we have informed the administrator, we hav had sevel meeteng whith the president. No result!

What would you suggest for next step?

Better listen to a breaking string than newer draw a bow.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2011 9:42 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Is it that they have erected some sort of wall or something that isn't allowed by the community rules?

Let me know.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Dec 2011 10:31 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Yes.

"6. No alterations are permitted to the exterior of your property unless consent is first
obtained from your neighbours. The second process is to make a formal request
for consent from all the owners at the next AGM. If consent is given, the third
step is to obtain a licence for the alterations from the Town Hall. Until all three
processes have been passed no building works or alterations to the exterior can be
made. Legal action will be taken against owners who do not comply with the
above rule."

First they planted a palm tree. Then they put up a railing with a mat of pins. This has disintegrated so now they have built a canopy (2,5 m in height)  under the palm tree. All these measures does not seems to give them any benefit as it is in a shady corner of the garden They have argued that we are not allowed to sit near their garden as we might look into it! This is the only place where we have (or had) a view over the coast and sea.

I have written to the President and the Administrator and referred to section 7 in HPA. The Administrator says it is not a community matter. Our new president has talked to our neighbour several times but they refuse to lower or take down the canopy. I plan to bring this up in next AGM but it is not until October, so we will miss another summer in the shade looking over the Mediterrian Sea.

Advise within the law, please .

This message was last edited by arne56 on 19/12/2011.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2011 9:33 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

The quickest way to solve this type of issues is, a judicial procedure called " Interdict". It is an urgent measure while the matter of your rights/their rights is being discussed.

You need lawyer, Court agent and Courts for this.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 19/12/2011.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
19 Dec 2011 11:06 AM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Thanks Maria!

If this is the only solution, I will try that but I have my doubts.

Last time I went to court (Juzgado de instruccíon ) for have being assaulted on the street, it took two years and when it came up in court, too long time had elapsed, so there could not be any trial! Only result I became 650 € poorer.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2011 12:04 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Maybe this is something that you need to get included in the agenda for the next AGM.  If it affects you I'm sure others could do the same which would then affect other owners.

It is unfortunate when stuff like this happens as you then end up falling out with your neighbours which is never a good thing.

The other thing you could try is filing a "denuncia" with the local police, if what they have done is illegal. In our area the local police are normally really good at dealing with this sort of thing...I have their number on speed dial on my phone

Best of luck with it and let us know what happens.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Dec 2011 9:34 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Unfortunately, from my experience, once something has been built ( with or without Community consent ) it usually stays!!

If there was no permission from the Community and it is raised at the next AGM, 10 to 1 owners won't want the hassle and the majority will vote to accept whatever.

It is sad that although whatever has been built affects you the chances are the rest of your Community may not care because they are not affected directly.

I hope I don't sound too synical ! but certainly, in my experience, this is the way things happen here!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Expats to be 'rescued' from Spain and Portugal!!!! - 187 posts
Happy Christmas, good luck and a prosperous New Year to everyone. - 0 posts
Obligation to purchase share in Cajamar Bank - 6 posts
Generic Bank guarantes-new buyers - 1 posts
Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone - 8 posts
Severe weather warnings in Spain - 0 posts
Butane gas - 14 posts
Morrisons Gibraltar - 2 posts
Electricity Prices Going up 25%?? - 1 posts
volantery contributions needed for the repair of the road at Camino Nicola Estepona - 0 posts
Marble crystalliser? - 2 posts
blue paraffin - 3 posts
Euro VS Sterling - 39 posts
Just moved to Puerto de Mazarron, Murcia - 2 posts
Hi, Im looking for yoga/meditation in Costa del Sol. - 1 posts
mortgage applied for - 5 posts
Sourcing stuff... a source of frustration! - 9 posts
Valor Catastral revalue in Marbella 2011 / 2012 - 4 posts
POLICE WARNING - 5 posts
paraja de hecho - 2 posts
Turkey for christamas - 5 posts
HELPING ALL THE DOGS & CATS ABANDONED OR IN THE REFUGES - 2 posts
Help Wanted - Car Hire Malaga Airport - 1 posts
Solbank website - is it down ? - 9 posts
Short notice for first AGM - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x