Solbank website - is it down ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by rockstarphotograph Star rating. 221 posts Send private message

rockstarphotograph´s avatar

Does anyone else bank with Solbank ?    I've been trying for 2-3 days to get onto the website and I'm not having much luck after being able to sign in for over 3 years now. Something has happened or changed but I don't know what ...

Would someone mind trying the link below and let me know how you get on ?

Thanks

Chris

https://www.solbank.com/en/

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 7:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Didn't work the first couple of times I tried, but is back online now.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 9:40 PM by Tolly99 Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

i have just managed to log in no problem

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 9:40 PM by Tolly99 Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

i have just managed to log in no problem

This message was last edited by Tolly99 on 12/12/2011.

Like 0      
13 Dec 2011 12:03 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Would be better if they stayed down 

They charged me over £800  to make a sterling transfer to another bank. (0.5% on the total amount)

Like 0      
14 Dec 2011 11:40 AM by Keith28 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

If you still have a problem, try the Sabadell site and you should be able to log in through there using your Solbank details.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2011 5:58 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I have also experienced some difficulties with the site over the last week or so. I think they must be having problems with their server.

John, did you not ask before making the transfer what the charge would be? I think all Spanish banks (at least in my experience) are the same - all charges are negotiable, but if you don't check beforehand, they'll clobber you for as much as they think they can get away with. If you threaten to withdraw your money in cash, they'll drop their fees pretty quickly. And if they don't, just take it in cash. I did with BBVA a couple of years ago, and as you know, most bank tellers in Spain cannot add up very well; they gave me two grand too much by mistake, and after insisting they'd counted it correctly and getting quite angry with me for wasting their time, I took it. Needless to say, at the end of the day when someone with basic counting skills cashed up they found the error and rang me pretty darn pronto. As the decent law abiding citizen that you know I am (!!) naturally I returned the cash, but I enjoyed letting them sweat a bit first.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
15 Dec 2011 7:36 PM by rockstarphotograph Star rating. 221 posts Send private message

rockstarphotograph´s avatar

Thanks for your replies.

keith28, your suggestion has worked. I remain unable to sign in via Solbank but can get in via the Sabadell site.

Thanks

Chris

Like 0      
15 Dec 2011 8:10 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Roberto.

I was well aware of the MO used by Spanish banks to extort as much as possible from their customers..  Some year before,  BBVA made a hefty transfer charge, but on that occasion I was able to negotiate a 50% refund.

For several weeks before the deposit matured, I tried at all levels of Sol  bank to negotiate a better deal. I tried all methods, cash, transfer to a local bank, cheque etc. The bank did not want to know, even when I said (and eventually gave them) the article which I subsequently had published in the English language press in Spain.

In fact they became quite abusive even though I maintained a professional attitude as I was always hoping that I could persuade then to revise the charge. But as I said, they would not budge.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 15/12/2011.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2011 10:49 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I admit I have not (yet) tried to withdraw any significant funds from Solbank, so good to know about your experience. Pretty disgraceful, but no doubt an increasingly familiar occurrence - most banks simply don't have the cash to give you, even if you deposited it with them.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Short notice for first AGM - 8 posts
Save 10% on Ferry Crossings. - 1 posts
Parra Mellado and FLO - 1 posts
RECOMMENDATION FOR LAWYERS NEAR FORMENTERA DEL SEGURA - 0 posts
Mac help - 12 posts
Bike shop Fuengirola/La Cala - 1 posts
RYAN STRIKE AGAIN - 1 posts
Settle an argument - 8 posts
Help with Paying Non Resident Tax. - 10 posts
Van to Mijas Costa - 6 posts
Problems With Intasure - 1 posts
Overweight Moi - 0 posts
WAITING TWO MONTHS FOR RETURN OF DEPOSIT - 8 posts
Marbella joins the move to leave the A-7 in darkness - 3 posts
Driving in the rain - 12 posts
Wishing You all Feliz Navidad. - 2 posts
Tenants Rights? - 13 posts
A DIY challenge - 7 posts
Selling house - current values in Mojacar vs 5 years ago? market activity? - 10 posts
Inheritance Tax - 11 posts
non residence tax. - 2 posts
BANCO SABADELL TO BUY CAM BANK FOR ONE EURO - 8 posts
Some Christmas cards - 0 posts
My baby and me! - 0 posts
No surprises then - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x