Internet connection

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by JulieW Star rating in La Herradura, Costa .... 68 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

I live most of my time in La Herradura, I got connected to the internet for a one off payment of 300 euros. A chap from Granada fitted it. It worked for about 10 days, He returned got it up and running again only for it to stop working again. Now his phone numbers are not working. I now have no internet and 300 down, does any one know anything about this type of connection.

Julie

www.wisemovetospain.com

Like 0      
28 Nov 2011 5:41 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I hope this isn't just a fly by night who has taken your money and gone.  

However, firstly try connecting to the internet.  Use the show all internet connections in range option from your control panel.  It might just be that the connection has been lost and needs reminding.  If you see your connection there, click to connect and see if that helps.  I hope it does.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2011 5:48 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Hi Julie:

All Internet providers that I know about charge a monthly fee for the service.  This can be based on actual use or be a fixed amount regardless of use.

I once read that there is a hoax whereby you get connected to the Wi-Fi router of a neighbour or nearby business by people who can descipher the security  password of the router if there is one.  This works until the neighbour discovers it and changes the password or turns the router off when they are not going to use it for a while, etc.  I suppose these people charge a one-off fee as for sure sooner or later it will stop working.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2011 6:08 PM by JulieW Star rating in La Herradura, Costa .... 68 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Thank you both for replies, I think he was a bit of a fly by night, I have tried clicking on the connection to see if I could kick start it again, no luck the name comes up.  On my computer it says I have full signal but cant get a web page. There is no land line installed only a  wi-fi router.

Julie

www.wisemovetospain.com

Like 0      
28 Nov 2011 9:26 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Julie...

What operating system are you using? At a guess I'd say Windows XP.

Is your computer a laptop, a netbook or a conventional desktop / Tower?

What browser are you using IE,  Firefox or Safari perhaps?

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
28 Nov 2011 9:31 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Julie...

What operating system are you using; Windows XP perhaps?

What browswer? IE or Firefox or something else?

Is your computer a laptop, netbook or desktop / Tower?

Can you identify the make and model number of the router?

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
28 Nov 2011 10:12 PM by JulieW Star rating in La Herradura, Costa .... 68 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi fb, I am not in Spain at the moment, I have an ipod, my laptop is ie and nothing on either, I wont be back in Spain until Jan when I can find the name of the router. Thanks again

Julie

www.wisemovetospain.com

Like 0      
29 Nov 2011 11:45 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Julie we use a company call Y internet they installed our Hub and we only pay for what we use

If you Google them you will find their details

Rod

Like 0      
30 Nov 2011 7:22 AM by alicehelen Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

welcome to my blog about  A few knowledge of electronics

Like 0      
01 Dec 2011 10:06 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

I had occasion to contact Y internet for some  people staying at our apartment and they only cover the Costa del sol area it seems

They dont go as far as Nerja now, but they said they were adding more transponders all the time

Many Thanks

Rod

Like 0      
01 Dec 2011 12:01 PM by JulieW Star rating in La Herradura, Costa .... 68 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Thank you Rod.

Julie

www.wisemovetospain.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

H, im moving to spain in new year... - 8 posts
Removal from Spain to UK - 4 posts
Survival of the Fitest ? - 5 posts
The name 'Omeia' - 1 posts
COSTALUZ LAWYERS TRIUMPH AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!! - 6 posts
iBI - 4 posts
Problems connecting freesat - 1 posts
Unpaid car tax - 3 posts
form 210 ------ No Stickers - 0 posts
SCAM! BUT BY WHO? - 0 posts
Sweet Trees for Everyone - 0 posts
Kindle in Spain - 51 posts
import your own climate... - 1 posts
The Rental Scammers are Back Beware - 2 posts
Travel agent's licence IC - 0 posts
Using ducted aircon to heat the house - 16 posts
MARIANO RAJOY - PROPOSALS FOR CHANGE - 7 posts
TARIFA - 0 posts
GRAZALEMA - 0 posts
Who wants to come here? - 4 posts
Electric and Water contacts in old name - 13 posts
Handsome Bailey - 1 posts
Plant a tree this Saturday at The People’s Forest in Marbella - 0 posts
portillo kiosk in san pedro - 0 posts
advice needed - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x