Free UK TV Channels & More on The IPOD, IPAD, IPHONE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I just thought that I share my recent experiences with my IPAD2 and free UK TV

I have internet and an IPAD for my business and like many people I was paying €20 per month to Torresat which is delivered on this resort via a cable system, box and viewing card where we also get ITV1, ITV2, BBC 1 BBC2 free and we cannot have a dish and have to use Torresat

t my other property I have a 1.9m dish and all of the channels

I read about an IPAD & IPHONE download from www.filmon.com which claimed to deliver free UK and international channels in HD and was stunned when after I downloaded it to find out that it actually works brillantly

Off I went on Saturday and bought a cable that goes from the IPAD to the TV via HDMI and hey presto HD TV reception for FREE

So bye bye Torresat and bring on a reliable free signal for TV, no more breaking up or picture loss and even have some movie and sports channels

Like 0      
02 Nov 2011 9:19 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

This message was last edited by scubamike on 02/11/2011.

This message was last edited by scubamike on 02/11/2011.

Like 0      
02 Nov 2011 9:28 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

It is only free on the IPAD, IPHONE not on a PC by downloading the application and I have been using it free fir 3 weeks so far

Like 0      
02 Nov 2011 9:31 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

Ok thanks story of my life!!!

Like 0      
03 Nov 2011 9:52 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Wow, Roy, what a find!  I'm streaming BBC1 on my iPhone whilst writing this .  Will try it out on the ipad now too.

Really great quality picture.

If the service keeps going I'll be buying an HDMI cable to hook it up to the TV.

Thanks for sharing this.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Nov 2011 10:26 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

BTW, just tried this on my PC and it streamed fine too

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Nov 2011 10:30 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Will you eventually have to subscribe, after a limited free period?  From their website it looks like you have to subscribe, but I may have misunderstood.  It is a very handy app, being that you don't need to use a vpn, but you do need wifi/adsl (as it doesn't work over the 3G network on your phone/ipad).

Handy if you're at the airport or something, with a wifi connection!  And if it stays free of charge!!

Like 0      
05 Nov 2011 4:52 AM by ZOSO Star rating in Hondon. 15 posts Send private message

ZOSO´s avatar

Just had a look on PC - Quality looked good for ONE minute I was allowed to look - then I had to register - then they wanted €15 per month !! - not worth it for PC in my opinion. Inevitably these types of site come and go - they and you need good bandwidth or the stop/start just gets annoying - especially on our 'fast' 3MB Wifi around here.... not for me on PC - rather pay TorreSat 21 a month...

I'll get the wife to try it on the IPhone see how that goes - but she'll still have to go through our 3MB Wifi.

(BTW - Why is broadband so expensive in Spain ? - we pay €35pm - in UK I was paying £10 for 20MB).

Like 0      
05 Nov 2011 9:12 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

As i mentioned on a previous post it is only free on the IPAD & IPHONE and I am suppose that I am lucky as I am getting 7mb from Telefonica so the picture quality and streaming is great and in HD

I have been able to cancel the local re-broadcaster Torresat that I was using saving €23 a month so even if eventually they start charging I am still saving money because I have to use the IPAD and internet for business

They did come back when I cancelled to say that if I took their internet that they would give me free TV

Like 0      
05 Nov 2011 10:19 AM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

hi Roy, i am in UK and it also works fine here.  But let me just share this.  When i first went to type in the url i misstyped it and put in fimon.com and this is a free download movie site, alright they are not new movies, but i thought some of you folks in Spain might like to use it, looks to have some good movies on the site.  So www.fimon.com give it a try.

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
05 Nov 2011 10:38 AM by margsy Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Just had a look at this website .... is it really free with no strings?

Like 0      
05 Nov 2011 11:22 AM by crazymo Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

I use Expat Shield on the Laptop which gives a UK IP address then I can go to BBCiplayer, demand 5, etc but I only use it if I miss a programme as I have the Torresat/Ole bundle of TV/Phone/Internet

Like 0      
05 Nov 2011 12:21 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

for those who 'ahem' download movies and serries for the internet the air video app is totall awesome streaming app. My main complaint with apple is that you have to convert and import (twice) everything, The air video app does it live. Only think you need is that expensive hdmi cable.

Note for those less techie what you do is 'stream' the video from your PC to your ipad and to your TV, no need to convert and import the file to itunes. works brilliantly

also for those interested I have a bunch of invites for thebox.bz I hardly every go there anymore so I'm offering them up if anyone wants them. just pm me Rob

This message was last edited by Rob in Madrid on 05/11/2011.

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2011 5:05 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

remember that filmon.com was free on PCs for a short while when it first launched...and then went subscription...so perhaps it can only be a matter of time before the ipad version bcomes subscirption also, and the "free" is a small teaser to get you hooked....

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
05 Nov 2011 9:06 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Do you know something I don't care if they do eventually as it will be cheaper than Torresat and the picture quality is better and so far it is more reliable

I cannot have a large dish and they have a monopoly on this urbanisation plus I have more than one property with Internet so I can use it anywhere so now saved 2 x subscriptions

Sat in a shopping centre yesterday using it watching sport on an IPOD, one account works on everything so still working great so yes I must be hooked but again have been told it is their vechicle to sell other services in particular movies

Like 0      
06 Nov 2011 8:20 AM by bonny Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi is it safe to download the films =

Like 0      
06 Nov 2011 10:20 AM by bonny Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

How do you get films free

Like 0      
06 Nov 2011 11:52 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I have had a look at Fimon.com and it is not actually what it claims to be so please be carefull

A couple of the sites ask you to upgrade the version of F;ash and to put in your mobile phone number which is often a scam to sign you up for premium text services where you pay to receive premium text messages

Some of the other sites here are only avaiable in the US

Like 0      
06 Nov 2011 11:53 AM by roderick Star rating in Devon, uk. 3 posts Send private message

Hi, Does this free service work from a UK address?

Mike

Like 0      
06 Nov 2011 12:00 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

The servuce on IPOD & IPHONE which is currently free works form a UK address

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

GETTING CAR HIRE DEPOSIT BACK - 8 posts
Cbeebies on Sat problems - 0 posts
la renta - paying on-line - 1 posts
Booking with Ryanair - 2 posts
Iberdrola article in this weeks Euroweekly News - 2 posts
Can you work on saints days? - 3 posts
Publication by the planning department of Orihuela. - 0 posts
Car hire from home is it legal - 5 posts
Television - 2 posts
BUYING AND SELLING EXPERIENCES IN SPAIN - 8 posts
Water Deposit risks? - 8 posts
advert not showing after content change to details - 1 posts
Modern style Chests of Drawers for Sale - 0 posts
ROTA Spain Recycling and second hand stores - 2 posts
Water park - 5 posts
The Phantom Airport... or should that be Airports - 4 posts
Scooter For Sale. - 0 posts
Liberated Co-ownership - 14 posts
Car Hire again folks - 3 posts
Extra Buzon for the Correos? - 1 posts
it is not just Spain - 9 posts
Spanish Reg car for sale on Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Please help explain my Iberdrola bill to me - 1 posts
Beat this for a bank robbery - 1 posts
Renting a parcela for commercial use in the summer - what rent? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x