Increased property sales ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

For those people who would like to know what the property market really is like in Spain, rather than the 'rose tinted'  views that some of those with vested interests would like you to believe.

This is a extract (this week) from a newsletter for property owners in Spain.  It quotes government figures, from real statistics:- 

Sale of dwellings fell another 38%......

The National Institute of Statistics reveals that the sale of dwellings, that is those registered in the property registries, fell 38% in August, compared with the same month of the already bad last year. Only 27,038 dwellings changed hands, new dwellings were down 34.2%, re-sales were down 34.2.

No wonder that President Botin of Santander is peddling apartments on Wall Street and Minister Pepe Blanco (now under investigation accused of taking bribes) is trying his luck in Northern Europe!

……and construction down 24%

The Ministry of Housing is reporting a fall of 24% in the construction of new dwellings in the second quarter of this year, compared with same period of last year. Only 13,679 dwellings were initiated, that is 11.7% down from the previous quarter. Between April and June 31,077 dwellings were completed, 53.1% down on same period of last year.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2011 7:21 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Good post - No worst, there is none

But what of these agents that say they have never been busier and more enquiries than ever!!!!

Like 0      
28 Oct 2011 7:37 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

We are in the process of looking around for a second property - and I can promise you, around Mojacar, the agents are heaving!!  But a lot of the interest is from people (like us) looking for a REAL bargain - and we are in no hurry.  Enquiries don't always convert to sales, but I don't think they are lying when they say they are busy showing property.  That is our experience anyway.  And of course some areas will remain busy whatever the overall outlook - bit like London in the UK, while the rest of the country experiences a continuing slide.........................  

Brian

Like 0      
28 Oct 2011 7:51 PM by georgeh Star rating in condado de alhama sp.... 1462 posts Send private message

If you are a buyer and are patient and buy in the right area or correct property size-

i.e buy where a new major golf course or theme park may be built or buy a lovely detached property in a safe community area then i think from experience that there are some great bargains around.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2011 9:22 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Bri,
                  a 38% fall in sales in August (and that was a 38% fall on August last year which was a bad year) and these are official government figures (a government that would adopt any method to talk up the situation)  must mean that all the people you refer to are only looking and, as any agent will tell you, lookers don't pay the rent !

Sorry, but until the government figures show improvement (that is actual hard sales where money has exchanged hands and contracts have been signed) then I don't  see how anyone, no matter what they say,  can possibly believe the property market in Spain is turning the corner.

PS   I am fortunate in that I bought my present home in 2002. It was almost built when the person who had put down a deposit withdrew and I was able to buy at the original price of a couple of years previously (around 12 Million ptas - about 70,000 euros,  less than the current market price in 2002). 

Like 0      
29 Oct 2011 11:35 AM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

I think that is what I said Johnzx.   The other factor of course is that the long term rental market is booming and a lot of the peope in the agents will be in that market rather than sales.   I did say I think we will be typical of buyers at the moment, and that we are in no hurry.    

Brian

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Full/Full Fuel car hire from Gibraltar for longer than 3 days? - 0 posts
Santander to offload! - 1 posts
tobacco allowance - 3 posts
Travel Insurance - 15 posts
EW TELCO?? - 1 posts
rain damage in apartment below owners terrace - 2 posts
Dog needs a home - 0 posts
What is on in June in Sabinillis and Duquesa - 2 posts
Susan Pedalino quest speaker- - 0 posts
2006 Nissan Micra - 0 posts
Spanish public health system excludes the unemployed. - 2 posts
Removal of bad tenants - 8 posts
DFS great service - 26 posts
Car insurance UK and Spain - 6 posts
Jet 2 - 8 posts
Wooden House- Looking for Mortgage - 14 posts
Hola from windy, boring, unpleasant London - 0 posts
Excessive Gaol Sentences - 0 posts
28 years old, moving to Andalucia - 32 posts
George Soros with an answer? - 0 posts
Accepting another property in return for payments made - 3 posts
Painting of grills - 4 posts
Benirrama - 0 posts
Reputable Rental Management inland Alicante / Vla de Galinerra area ? - 0 posts
Have people had enough now? - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x