IT SEEMS IT'S NOT JUST THE WATER

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

WE ALL TEND TO BLAME DRINKING WATER FOR DIAHOREA BUT I HAVE RECENTLY FOUND TWO THINGS WHICH CAUSE VIOLENT CASES OF IT.

CONCENTRATED ORANGE JUICE. APPARENTLY CITRUS FUITS CONTAIN NATURAL SORBITOL, A LAXATIVE AS WELL AS SWEETNER.

AND STRANGELY CHEESE.

I BELIEVE SOME SLICED LOAVES CONTAIN CALCIUM PROPIANATE WHICH WLL HAVE THE SAME EFFECT ON SOME PEOPLE AND APPARENTLY IS ALSO POISONOUS IN LARGER DOSES. I WONDER HOW THE EU LET THAT ONE IN.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2011 6:28 PM by blackrabbitz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

I think you mean diarrhea..anyway thanks for the information! my son has diarrhea problem and I will keep these in mind!

Like 0      
02 Sep 2011 7:53 PM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

Actually...Janie has spelt it correctly.  The spelling you have, blackrabbitz, is how most people have spelt it on many internet sites but, as long as we all know what we're talking about...I guess it doesn't matter!

Mag

Like 0      
03 Sep 2011 12:16 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes sorbitol should be had in small doses.  When my daughter went  Diabetic at 8years of age we changed her drinks and a lot of them had sorbitol in them, she was a very thin child so she did not need to loose more weight.  

I always find the water is fine in Spain as long as you boil it first have not had any problems with it. In fact in the village I know of people that drink it from the tap.

Patricia 

Like 0      
03 Sep 2011 3:53 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I think a  lot of us, including those who have lived here for many years, drink it from the tap (depending on where you live and if it comes via dodgy communal tank).

In 23 years, drinking straight from the tap and using it for cooking, tea, coffee, etc. I have never had any problems.

(Mijas bottled water is Mijas water, the same as the tap water.)

Remember bottled water contains chlorine to kill off some of the other things it also legally contains; they cannot take the chance you may be ill when drinking it and then you sue them !

This message was last edited by johnzx on 03/09/2011.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2011 4:07 PM by SMYTHIE Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

Where I live the water is desalinated sea water so technically should be very pure. Still dont drink it though. dont drink tap water anywhere. As you say who knows what is in the community tank.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2011 5:30 PM by muddyleopard Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

the worst thing about the tap water is we don't even know the amounts of arsenic or floride in them.. I don't  use it for anything other than cleaning..

Like 0      
03 Sep 2011 5:46 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you search on the internet, it appears that bottled water may not be any safer to drink than tap water and in some cases bottled water is in fact tap water.

Mijas as I said earlier is one example where the bottled water is the same as the tap water, however, I have no doubt that there are many people on the Mijas water supply who would never drink tap water, mistakenly believing that Mijas bottled water is purer.   I am also sure many would say the bottled water tastes better,  and again believe it.

I am certain that a lot of the doubts about tap water have been encouraged and created by companies who want to sell bottled water. After all who would pay extra if they were told it's all the same, but in that case the bottled water companies profits would 'go down the drain'.

I believe I read a ' Which' Magazine Report' some years ago which said that too

PS  I just checked it out online.  Which'  did say that and one fi nding was : -    

Taste: Half of Which? members say they can’t taste the difference between bottled and tap water, with 18% actually preferring it from the tap.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 03/09/2011.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2011 6:03 PM by SMYTHIE Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

From the NRDC

In america at least it seems bottled water is not so reliable dont have data for elsewhere, sorry.

From the NRDC

Nearly one in four of the waters tested (23 of the 103 waters, or 22 percent) violated strict applicable state (California) limits for bottled water in at least one sample, most commonly for arsenic or certain cancer-causing man-made ("synthetic") organic compounds. Another three waters sold outside of California (3 percent of the national total) violated industry-recommended standards for synthetic organic compounds in at least one sample, but unlike in California, those industry standards were not enforceable in the states (Florida and Texas) in which they were sold. 

So i seems if you drink water you die if you don't drink it you die, although perhaps more slowly.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SPAIN’S SHAMEFUL SECRET REVEALED - 1 posts
Running Costs - 0 posts
Crossing a Spanish cheque - 2 posts
Amazonia Adventure Park - 4 posts
Valencian Health Care system for early retirees - 0 posts
Relocating with small children - 3 posts
Help with Copia Simple - 11 posts
air con - 2 posts
power of attorney - 2 posts
Am i missing a trick?? - 8 posts
Why are there always huge queues at the butchers - 2 posts
Poltergeist - 7 posts
TAKING A BG CASE BEFORE THE EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS - 2 posts
Best places to visit in Spain? - 23 posts
Correos - Post - 5 posts
AMAZON ADVENTURE PARK OPENING SOON - 5 posts
laywers - 1 posts
Hacienda - 4 posts
Alcohol free - 21 posts
Reposession auction - 0 posts
bridal wear - 9 posts
New Business in Spain but 1 still in England - 3 posts
WILL THIS BE THE ANSWER TO ALL OUR PROBLEMS ??????? - 1 posts
EOS HELP - 8 posts
address - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x