power of attorney

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by roz1972 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

hi does anyone know if i can ask anyone to be my power of attorney for a will in spain even tho my sisters has ask someone eles to be there power of attorney i live in the uk and i just want to know if its ok to have more then onepower of attorney.thankyou

Like 0      
16 Aug 2011 2:52 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

'Your' POA (Poder) would be exactly that. Your sister's POA cannot act for you. You could of course appoint the same POA to act for you too (or even two!).

When making the order, before a Notary, their staff will draw it up for you so you will not NEED a solicitor too.

It will stipulate what they can do on your behalf. 

My son and I have appointed each other as our POA with total authority for everything (The notary pointed out that could even mean one of us could act in a divorce or a marriage for the other) so be careful to stipulate what you need.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2011 1:24 PM by DMS Star rating in Spain. 27 posts Send private message

DMS´s avatar

Hi

You can grant as many powers of attorney as you wish, there is no limit, and you can empower whoever you like; but under the Spanish Law a Will cannot be signed with a power of attorney. It must be done personally, in front of a Spanish Public Notary. 

Please be aware that an UK Will is also valid in Spain, but the process for the probate is much longer, more expensive and much more complicated.

This message was last edited by DMS on 17/08/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Am i missing a trick?? - 8 posts
Why are there always huge queues at the butchers - 2 posts
Poltergeist - 7 posts
TAKING A BG CASE BEFORE THE EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS - 2 posts
Best places to visit in Spain? - 23 posts
Correos - Post - 5 posts
AMAZON ADVENTURE PARK OPENING SOON - 5 posts
laywers - 1 posts
Hacienda - 4 posts
Alcohol free - 21 posts
Reposession auction - 0 posts
bridal wear - 9 posts
New Business in Spain but 1 still in England - 3 posts
WILL THIS BE THE ANSWER TO ALL OUR PROBLEMS ??????? - 1 posts
EOS HELP - 8 posts
address - 3 posts
Classic Motorcycle Insurance - 4 posts
La Rosa, Near La Cala de Mijas - 1 posts
Re: cheese - 7 posts
Hi, I've just joined - 4 posts
Has anyone any information on this new EU Scheme ?????? - 23 posts
doctors - 1 posts
ciudad quesada / dona pepa or paya flamenca to rent long term - please advice! - 0 posts
Frozen bread - 27 posts
British old age pensioners living in Spain - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x