Relocating with small children

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by boydy3458 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hiya all am new to this web but thought it was really informative so here goes, we have decided to upsticks and come over hopefully for 2013, depending how long the house takes to sell!!!.  We have 3 kids 5yrs,3yrs and 8weeks (busy busy) after reading every blog possible I think this is the best time to move over in respect to schooling and state schools is that correct?  I am going to enrol on a spanish course and am doing as much research as poss.  We are coming over in Oct for a week to check out the area  think we would like the Altea, Albir area anyone give me any info on it.  Have loads more to say but Il see how this goes, oh jobs wise my hubby works offshore in the norwiegen sea so not looking for work , just a bit of info on the area and if its good for bringing up my brood, very exciting time thanks for reading this sharon xx

This message was last edited by boydy3458 on 16/08/2011.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2011 1:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Sharon

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

I think your kids will be fine at their ages.  Just try and expose them as much as possible to the Spanish language as you can.

There are many articles on the site on this subject which you may find of interest:

Expat kids integrating into Spanish school and society

Expose your kids to Spanish

British kids in Spanish school

Video: Learning the basics of Spanish and kids in Spanish school - Part 1

Video: Learning the basics of Spanish and kids in Spanish school - Part 2

Spanish School Happy Kids

We also have an in depth guide about schools and education in Spain which you can buy and download from here:

Schools and Education in Spain ebook

Hope you find all these useful and best of luck with your plans!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Aug 2011 1:42 PM by boydy3458 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks for your reply justin will take a look at all the links thanks, am trying to get oldest two in spanish lessons but very hard to find any up in scotland for some reason there are lots of french classes for kids and no spanish, oh well.  Have just ordered the book that is advertised on eye on spain so look forward to reading that thanks again

Like 0      
17 Aug 2011 1:53 PM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

At the ages of 7 and 10 my kids took a month to be comfortable with their new language let 'em go for it if young enough

This message was last edited by janie2003 on 17/08/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help with Copia Simple - 11 posts
air con - 2 posts
power of attorney - 2 posts
Am i missing a trick?? - 8 posts
Why are there always huge queues at the butchers - 2 posts
Poltergeist - 7 posts
TAKING A BG CASE BEFORE THE EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS - 2 posts
Best places to visit in Spain? - 23 posts
Correos - Post - 5 posts
AMAZON ADVENTURE PARK OPENING SOON - 5 posts
laywers - 1 posts
Hacienda - 4 posts
Alcohol free - 21 posts
Reposession auction - 0 posts
bridal wear - 9 posts
New Business in Spain but 1 still in England - 3 posts
WILL THIS BE THE ANSWER TO ALL OUR PROBLEMS ??????? - 1 posts
EOS HELP - 8 posts
address - 3 posts
Classic Motorcycle Insurance - 4 posts
La Rosa, Near La Cala de Mijas - 1 posts
Re: cheese - 7 posts
Hi, I've just joined - 4 posts
Has anyone any information on this new EU Scheme ?????? - 23 posts
doctors - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x