There's an uncertainty about Spain's and Europe's future

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Is this the start or the end of something? Where will it all end? These demonstrations are getting bigger by the week. Do we really want a crystal ball at a time like this? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIWn5FS5FkU&feature=related

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
20 Jun 2011 10:00 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

These are strange and disquieting times, I agree.

Maybe it's as well we cannot tell the future!

On the other hand, maybe the phoenix of common sense will arise from the ashes.

Patricia

Like 0      
21 Jun 2011 3:25 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

The start of accountability and transparency?

Like 0      
21 Jun 2011 3:42 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

I am not optimistic, Ads.  That's the truth.

Patricia

Like 0      
21 Jun 2011 3:45 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Viva la Revoluccion!

Like 0      
22 Jun 2011 8:05 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Europe for VALUES.

People know, people can decide

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Jun 2011 1:25 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

maria

well it's good to see Spanish people reflecting what we have been banging on about on here for years in their recent protests. I know the problems of those brits cheated are of little concern to most Spanish people, but at least they are starting to rally against a common enemy!

georgia

glad to see you supporting change.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2011 4:07 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Goodstich,

I have always supported anything that increases transparency,like everyone on here i have my own motives for the greater good.

I pariculary think the goverment need to look after the youth of today,having 43% out of work does not help us move on and make the future bright.

I was speaking to a Spanish friend today at lunch and we both agree that Spain and probably Europes problems are metaphorically very easy to fix,even over a small beer,the travesty is that, as usual the politicians do not listen.

anyway.........onwards and upwards eh.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2011 4:17 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Goodstich! Human dignity, human values... that´s the top of the topics we all need to work for.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Jun 2011 6:18 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

23 Jun 2011 7:09 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

The Spanish economy would improve if the Government took speedy measures to tackle corruption at all levels (with a compensation structure for those innocent people caught in the web of corruption), unfair commercial practices, professional incompetence, and a systemic failure to enforce the laws of the land. A toxic mix and downward spiral that is now all too well apparent. A mix that does its people, those who strive for a better life and values, especially the younger generation, a great disservice.

Values have to be demonstrated in actions now and not just words, as citizens have become wise and sadly very distrustful of all the rhetoric.

It's going to take pressure from the people to enforce that change for good from the government however, and apathy will only feed the problems, hence the Spanish youth and others who have demonstrated for the end to corruption etc are right to bring this to the forefront of political awareness.

This message was last edited by ads on 24/06/2011.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2011 6:39 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

I think that you will find corruption in governments and official systems is the rule rather than the exception.  Worldwide, getting to the top of the gravy chain means being part of a corrupt system.  There are a few countries around the world where this principle is not applied institutionally (mainly northern european and some ex colonies) but Spain is not one of them.  In these corrupt countries the lower pegging natives are part of the system and understand that they will be screwed over now and again by their officials, which is why in general the inhabitants of these places seem to hold a fairy phlegmatic view of the situation.  If they get the chance, most will take advantage of loose rules and bend them to advance their own position.  We purchased what has now become our holiday home because we were under the mistaken impression that being part of the EU would mean pressure on these nations where corruption is endemic to toe the line.  Unfortunately the EU has simply become an institutionalised gravy train themselves at least as corrupt as the worst of the member states and totally without interest in the general wellbing of the inhabitants who put them there.  In the case of the EU it is worse, as the people with the real power are all "voted" in by other unelected officials. I have come to the conclusion that as I get too old to visit sometime over the next decade that my apartment will be worthless and that I will just have to lock it up and walk away, certainly cease paying taxes. If it were a villa, I would simply raise it to the ground.  Defeatest?  Maybe, but to change this system means to change the way 80% of the world works, not just Spain.  That having been said  I wish everyone who has an interest in trying the best of luck.  If, as looks likely, the EU disintigrates we will be even worse off as yet undeclared debts pile up amongst the PIGS, probably destroying the banking systems and well being of the western world.  The EU fat cats will get paid off with huge bonuses for bringing us to our knees and we will continue to pay them gratuitiously large index linked pensions.  Anyone for the exit?

Like 0      
29 Jun 2011 7:20 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Interesting reply Xetog but don't lose sight of the fact that these fat cats, these corrupt officials,etc etc rely upon apathy and defeatism to further their self interests, so I hope that people recognise the power they hold in this day and age of technology to organise and effect change for the better, and start to make their voices heard. What is needed is an ethical revolution!

Like 0      
03 Jul 2011 12:16 AM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

What you say, Xetog, just about sums it all up.

"...but to change this system means to change the way 80% of the world works, not just Spain.  That having been said  I wish everyone who has an interest in trying the best of luck."

Like 0      
03 Jul 2011 1:43 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

well we can fight against what's wrong as many brave souls have done for various rights issues through the years or we can accept it and sit back and let the crooks, the greed, the corruption etc at all levels win because ''that's the way it's always been'' .....our choice.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Public liability insurance - 5 posts
How to overcome parking difficulties in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Help snake - 6 posts
CGT on bond - 2 posts
Wanted, pop up beach canopy - 3 posts
ELEC METER - 1 posts
seafood restaurant reccommendations - 0 posts
Trailer wanted just south of Alicante - 0 posts
Seadoo GTX 185hp Supercharged Jetski - 0 posts
ENTIDAD URBANISTICA DE CONSERVACIÓN - 19 posts
Shutters and Cockroaches-Please Help - 8 posts
Directions to the Sunday Zocco market in Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Customized for Golfers - 0 posts
Cycling club in or around Los Alcazares - 0 posts
Pavements being dug in Playa Flamenca - 4 posts
iPlayer to roll out in Westen Europe (at a a cost) - 1 posts
Fluent in spanish? - 2 posts
Ryanair winter flight schedule to murcia? - 6 posts
British government offers hope to property buyers in Spain - 2 posts
Thoughtless neighbour! - 3 posts
Last night we went to Jaans ( if that's how you spell it ) - 2 posts
are lawyers required to keep deposit in special account ? - 3 posts
Wine - 1 posts
HELP PLEASE - 8 posts
ClubstoHire - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x