Case Won and Deposit Returned

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2011 12:20 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Sandra

we still haven't heard why Spain's wonderful justice system made the winner in court pay the costs?.  Any news on this?.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 1:12 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi Goodstitch44,

Not a  peep from Sauzee or Maria!!

It makes you wonder what is going on.

An explanation would be appreciated after so many  members showed an interest in the judge's decision.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 1:17 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

I was just thinking that a lawyer working on a no win no fee basis, fees reflecting those terms by being higher, could have made a good profit now.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 1:21 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Indeed, Robert, indeed!

Patricia

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 3:31 PM by sauzee Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi Sandra,

I have not been on the forum recently but just to make you aware I am awaiting a private fuller explanation from Maria who is unfortunately off ill at the moment.   I doubt though it will make me feel any better about the Judges !

Sauzee

p.s.  Maria hope you make a speedy recovery - best wishes !

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 6:08 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

sauzee

I agree, I don't think it will make you feel much better. The judge in my case's excuse for the delay that cost me my life's savings, was that his workload was to big to deal with my case while the crooked developer was still in business.  (he had nearly two years from my case being accepted and granting the embargo!)   As if that was my fault?, but that's Spanish justice for you!.  Great to hear you got your money back though, sadly many court wins like mine in Spain amount to nothing.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2011 12:07 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Just a matter of lack of time. I promise to post a response next week. Please remind me of this if I forget...

Thanks,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
12 Jun 2011 4:46 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Just a note, Maria, to join Sauzee in wishing you a quick recovery. 

Best wishes

Paricia

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 8:34 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Bump

Like 0      
14 Jun 2011 2:40 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Maria, you did ask us to remind you.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2011 3:48 PM by Rambi Star rating in Tenerife, Canary Isl.... 82 posts Send private message

Hi there,

Just to let you know that Sauzee is now on holiday and it would be unethical of Maria to discuss her case on an open forum without Suazee's permission So we will all have to wait.

I agree with many of the comments made and it angers me that even when the law is broken one has to fight for justice through the courts. The law has clearly been totally ignored and abused and it shouldn't be the job of the victims to put things right but that of the Guardia Civil.

My Father gave me one piece of advice when I was growing up, "Don't trust the crooks in suits' He had obviously learnt, as I have, from experience.

Did I mention that he was Spanish?

Like 0      
14 Jun 2011 10:53 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Thank you for the reply Rambi, I understand.

I will just have to wait. 

Like 0      
16 Jun 2011 9:01 PM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

sauzee, what time scale are you saying it took please, ive been informed from my third solicitor dealing with my case, that of october 2010 the defendant is" still trying to be served with the law suit" !!,  can someone please explain this please, as im getting really frustrated and desperate now with this "justice system" in spain

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 11:10 AM by sauzee Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi Stokey,

Not sure if your case is same as mine but it took nearly 2 years from original litigation and then having to Appeal the first Judge's outrageously absurd decision against us - and this was with a Legal Bank Guarantee for a house on an uncompleted development without any licence of habitation  - so we had to go to the Appeal Court and there we won our case to get our deposit back but unfortunately as I said before not the legal fees ! 

What part of Legal Bank Guarantee does the Bank and Judges not understand !

Sauzee

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 1:57 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Sauzee

I think you have confirmed once again what many of us have learned the hard way in that many of Spain's judges are not fit for their job. The Spanish government are no better, they have the power to change the dreadful justice system that's cheated so many of us. The failure of the EU to recognise this and take action, makes them little better for the victims of Spain's lies and deception.  Those in high positions of legal trust should only hold their post as long as they can demonstrate that they can recognise the difference between right and wrong and take the action expected of any trust worthy person in their position. Nothing could be further from the reality in many cases.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 3:23 PM by Rambi Star rating in Tenerife, Canary Isl.... 82 posts Send private message

I think you are right goodstitch,

Since I started the Missing Millions campaign I have received many emails and PM's where people have won court cases and still ended up with no money. In a way Sauzee has been luckier than most at least she got back her money albeit less her legal costs which I would imagine were quite hefty.

After living in Spain for a number of years (Tenerife actually) It seems hardly a week goes by without some news report of a Judge, Politician, Town Hall official, lawyer, Police personnel, or other 'bastions' of society being arrested, prosecuted, or jailed for fraud and corruption. It is usually found buried somewhere after page 3 in the newspapers because it is not that newsworthy. I have a Spanish friend who claims that joining the Guardia Civil is considered an entrepreneurial career appointment..

The recent MP's expenses scandal which dominated the TV and made newspaper headlines for several weeks in the UK, is considered here as about as serious as nicking a pencil from the office. We live in a different world and the sooner we learn that the sooner we shall stop getting conned.

The upholding of the law is one of the pillars of a modern society. Sadly Spain can not be considered as such.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

airport bus to torrevieja! - 2 posts
Direct-Telecom - 11 posts
Fuengirola late night - 6 posts
BANKINTER mortgage in JPY ( YEN ) - 1 posts
value - 1 posts
Hi . I'm Toni - 4 posts
Post Office / Bank Saturdays? - 2 posts
What's your favorite airline? - 7 posts
Blackberry Messenger - Best Provider - 3 posts
Gasoleo B - 2 posts
Desperate for a job - 3 posts
Old paper UK driving licence - 5 posts
Palmera Properties / Inroal Andarax lost deposits - 14 posts
where to live - 7 posts
Legal tip 539. Bargains by Banks: 60.000 units - 0 posts
I am a newby on here - 2 posts
V1 Feria de Sevillanas Formentera de Segura May 2011 - 5 posts
Legal tip 538. I am doing something crazy this summer - 7 posts
Orange - ADSL con Televisión Orange - 0 posts
Racism in school - 33 posts
Half Moon Holdings SLU - Holiday club re-sellers - 5 posts
Need work - Gandia - 3 posts
making a tax return 2010 - 3 posts
Sign Ruth's petition - 0 posts
Sign Ruths petition - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 36

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x