Is there anybody out there?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 May 2007 12:00 AM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Hello, I'm Helen. Just found this forum and feel as if I've been talking to real people for the last hour. Bought in Palm Golf in 2002 - was never built. Hung in there and am now in Grand Golf, La Cala which I believe is actually being built. Sorry I'm so cynical about it !! Bye for now.

Like 0      
23 May 2007 7:27 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi Helen!

Your thread title reminded me of a Pink Floyd song!!

EOS will provide you with loads of info about buying in Spain.  If you search for your particular development under the "developments" board, you may find other buyers there providing even more info for you.

Hang in there - it's well worth it!

Like 0      
23 May 2007 7:36 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

HI Helen,   Jan is right  hang in their have a look at the development site it not their you can start one.   You will find everyone very helpful on this site they helped me a lot.  Take care Pat 

Like 0      
23 May 2007 7:45 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Bye the way Helen you might not hear  from anyone for a little while, they will be glued to the football.  As you can see i'm not. Be patient although sounds like you have been cheer up, it will come together in the end.  Take care Pat   

Like 0      
23 May 2007 9:39 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Hello and thanks Pat, actually have the football on as well. Have about 12 adult males in my sitting room drinking beer and watching the match. What is a girl to do but go on the internet. Wouldn't mind but I think they are all Man u supporters but tonight Liverpool. Bye the way we are Irish - but football crazy !!

Like 0      
23 May 2007 10:53 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Helen 12 men in your sitting room no wonder you are on  the internet.   I have to watch the apprentice I am hooked on it.  Can I just ask where Grand Golf La  Cala is is it Mijas?  Regards Pat

Like 0      
24 May 2007 9:03 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Helen

We were out last night so missed most of the football  though my partner switched it on when we got back home, even though he supports Man Utd!

This is a great site - I know you will find it very helpful and hopefully will find lots of people from your development.  We are buying in Santa Ana, near Jumilla, Murcia.  It is over a year since we paid our deposit, and they have only just started building, but luckily we didn't know until recently as we might have worried!!! Some people bought ages before we did too, however they paid less money, so I guess they aren't complaining.  From what I have read, delays are common, so nothing much to worry about.

Regards.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
24 May 2007 10:02 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Helen

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

Love your user name by the way...just surprised it hadn't already been taken!!

Best of luck with it all.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 May 2007 9:11 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Hi Pat. yes you are quite right. Grand Golf is in La Cala which is Mijas. Going out now in June but haven't been there for about 18 months when it was just a hillside.  I know from the website that there is progress but how much I don't know. As I read in other messages, ina way we are lucky as we got in at 2002 prices but you do get a bit fed up . I thought I would have had many a nice week there in the last 5 years !

Bye for now - pity about the footy result !

H

Like 0      
24 May 2007 9:15 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Hi sue.  Just found this site myself in last few days. Hope you don't have the problems we have had. The only advantage is that we haven't had to come up with the rest of the cash just yet !

Helen

Like 0      
24 May 2007 9:38 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Helen

We have paid 30% of the price and the rest is due on completion - we are looking to get a mortgage then.  I think the most important thing seems to be getting a bank guarantee, just in case, then crossing your fingers and waiting!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
24 May 2007 9:55 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Helen,  Yes you are right 5 years is rather a long wait.   I realise now how lucky we were just 5months late which I did expect.  Especially when I read some stories on this forum.  Let's hope this goes well Mijas is a lovely place although it is a few years since we went their.  What I have heard it has changed a lot.  But then a lot of areas have.   When do you go in June?   I hope this works out for you.    Take care Pat  

Like 0      
27 May 2007 11:39 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi tired of waiting

Welcome to EOS!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

MARIA - 4 posts
When exactly are taxes due? - 10 posts
Taxation on two properties - 1 posts
Land Registry - 0 posts
Importing an English plated car - 3 posts
hi,new to site purchased in cox - 9 posts
Refund of Deposit - 1 posts
What is this ? - 5 posts
Any good Employment Agancies in the CDS? - 10 posts
anyone bought / moving to San Miguel de Salinas (Angelina apartments)? - 20 posts
Importing a car derived van into Spain - 45 posts
Private Message - 2 posts
information about the Condado de Alhama resort - 8 posts
We're new and buying in La Tercia Real! Anyone else?? - 10 posts
Gardening - 2 posts
Spanish will - 16 posts
New Channel - 3 posts
Anyone moving to Lebrrija? - 27 posts
Veronica - 7 posts
Kids discos san pedro/estepona - 0 posts
Taxation on two properties - 5 posts
Liverpool Athens 2007 - 12 posts
Inner Life in Spain - 0 posts
Election time - 36 posts
Completing on new property when developer has gone bankrupt - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x