getting bus from alicante airport to Guardamar

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 May 2011 12:00 AM by Girseach Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

We have stayed in Guardamar several times before and normally hire a car but money is tight this visit and I was considering getting a bus from airport into Alicante and then onto Guardamar, has anyone done this before?  I have been reading up on the net about all the changes with the new terminal in the airport and kinda dreading the thought of trying to find the bus stop at the airport and then getting from the main bus station onto Guardamar.  If anyone has done it before and has any advise it would be great.

Many thanks

G

Like 0      
04 May 2011 7:04 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

We stopped at the airport recently, on the bus from Murcia to Alicante.  The stop was on the same level as the taxi ranks, and I believe it will be fairly obvious when you are inside the airport.  My daughter flew to Spain not long after the new teminal opened, and she said there were lots of people asking where the bus stops were so she just followed them!

When are you planning to come to Spain?  I am flying to London for a brief visit on 19th May, returning on 23rd May, so I can post more information after that.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
05 May 2011 9:24 AM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

No need Sue, it is quite easy, you go up to the bus stops they are clearly marked Alicante & Murcia, the C6 takes you into the bus station you then catch a Costazul bus to Cartagena or Torrevieja depends on timings but they are qutoe frequent, the total cost will be around 8€ per person

This message was last edited by auntielinda on 05/05/2011.

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
05 May 2011 12:14 PM by girseach Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Many thanks Sue and Auntielinda for the replys, we are flying over on Saturday morning and I was probably getting some last minute jitters about catching the bus.  We are only bring one suitcase each so hope this will work on the buses and the apartment in Guardamar is not too far from the bus station so that part will be OK it was just actually catching the correct bus from the airport and then again from Alicante bus station onto Guardamar that had me panicing but I am actually quite looking forward to seeing the countryside between Alicante and Guardamar.  Auntielinda can I ask does both the Cartagena and Torrevieje buses stop at the bus station in Guardamar?  Also would you have any idea how long the journey would take?

Many thanks

G

Like 0      
05 May 2011 12:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi G

This shows you times etc http://www.costazul.net/Lineaalicanteingles.htm seems it's a 45 min journey.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 05/05/2011.

Like 0      
05 May 2011 6:37 PM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

I have never caught the bus but mt sister has and says it stops in all the main places along the route so I'd assume it stops in Guardamar

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
05 May 2011 8:13 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

'I have never caught the bus but mt sister has and says it stops in all the main places along the route so I'd assume it stops in Guardamar'

As I have posted (in answer to girseach) ... this (link) shows you times etc http://www.costazul.net/Lineaalicanteingles.htm  .. seems it's a 45 min journey. (Alicante to Guardamar)

Like 0      
06 May 2011 10:24 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

@ auntielinda

Do NOT send me messages such as the one you have sent  

SUBJECT: NASTY

Message was 'there is no need for your post I was answerinf a question asked of me !'

What EXACTLY was NASTY about my post. I was answering girseach TOO, we are ALL members here ...that's why it is called a forum!

girseach asked 'does both the Cartagena and Torrevieje buses stop at the bus station in Guardamar?  Also would you have any idea how long the journey would take?'

You said (after I had answered the question asked) 'I'd assume it stops in Guardamar' but you didn't say it did or how long it took (I gave that info).

It hardly matters WHO helps, just that SOMEONE does.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 06/05/2011.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2013 4:29 PM by evebrady Star rating in We live just outside.... 26 posts Send private message

evebrady´s avatar

Hello,

We own two apartments in Gurdamar Del Segura they are situated in the 'Puerto Pinar Apartments'... many of our guests catch the bus from Alicante to Guardamar and tell me that it is so easy, you simply catch a Costazul bus to Cartagena or Torrevieja depending on the timetable and the total cost is about 8€ per person.

Regards,

Eve

Like 0      
17 Aug 2014 7:44 PM by Katedaya Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Eve or anyone

Can you give me a step by step guide what I have to do to get the bus to Guadamar.I have been told the buses leave from departures level. I think with what I have read I would get a bus from the airport to Alicante then a bus from Alicante to Guadamar from there I need to get to Rojals so hope I can get that from Guadamar. The village (Daya Vieja) which  I have a place in does not have a bus services Is there numbers on the bus route or just a name ? I read the cost is about 8 euros. I travel out on the 27th Aug.

Thanks in advance for any help

Katedaya

Like 0      
17 Aug 2014 8:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Kate

I would not consider doing what you're asking about, in fact I doubt if you can do it the way you're thinking. You'll need to use a taxi.

We use these people, they're excellent on price for a legal taxi, ask them for their price.  We pay 43€ from the airport to El Raso outside of Guardamar. That's a lot less than some illegal operators have expected us to pay. 

http://www.easytaxiorihuelacosta.com/english/prices.html

This message was last edited by morerosado on 17/08/2014.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2014 9:06 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Or you could get the airport bus direct to Torrevieja from Alicante airport (€6.90 or thereabouts). Bit of a nuisance as it goes right past Rojales but won't stop. You can then get a bus from Torrevieja to Rojales but they are very few and far between. Sort of 7 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. Even a taxi from Torrevieja would cost around 30 euro so morerosado's taxi from the airport is probably better.

Of course, you can do the bus to Torrevieja, bus to Guardamar, bus to Rojales but it would take a long time.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2014 11:06 AM by blueeyes Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

http://www.villakeyholders.com/bustimetables.htm

According to this there is a bus service from Alicante to Rojales ( and Almoradi, which I guess is closer to Daya for you).

It should also be possible to link to Almoradi via Elche. Try www.subus.es

Like 0      
18 Aug 2014 12:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Buses are so few & far between though, looking at that first link.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Portable Gas Fire Wanted - 0 posts
To: Sr. Blanco & Sra. Corredor - 0 posts
Meter readings when selling a property - 3 posts
fs - patio - garen furniture. - 0 posts
Sale of Spanish car - 1 posts
tea rooms - 0 posts
removal of palm tree ASAP - 8 posts
An adventure and an opportunity of a lifetime - 0 posts
Tempted by Tarifa? - 16 posts
RHD Renualt scenic in black 7 seater looking for lhd swap - 1 posts
English sky HD plus newest box for sale plus remote and viewing card - 2 posts
For sale i phone 4 UNLOCKED 16gb - 1 posts
UK Road Tax and Spain - 39 posts
wanted corner style sofa bed - 0 posts
Spanish Government comes to London - 10 posts
EOS in IE9 - 38 posts
moving where? - 2 posts
House or Apartment required near Malaga Airport - 4 posts
Fire safety in appartments - 0 posts
Iceland is in Vera - 5 posts
Banks - 1 posts
Picture format in HD - 3 posts
Router problem - 3 posts
Had enough now! - 17 posts
Student finance support UK - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x