Picture format in HD

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 May 2011 12:00 AM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

I have just upgraded to HD using Iberosat HD 7000 box.  The picture on ITV 1 HD is grat in letterbox format, but no matter what setting I use on the digi box (I am using auto on ITV 1 &16:9 on Samsung LED) the picture is full screen on BBC 1 HD , which gives everyone long faces.  Any ideas ?

Like 0      
02 May 2011 6:41 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

You need to set both the TV and satellite box to 16:9

Auto will not help.

And it also depends on how the channels themselves transmit the programmes. Some so it 16:9, some do it with 16:9 but with bars top and bottom, which if the latter, then the "auto" setting will strecth the picture to remove the black bars.

The black bars are there for a reason...to help you see the full picture.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
03 May 2011 1:53 PM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

Thankd for the info.  If I set the digi box & the tv to 16:9 then BBC 1 HD has black bands either side of a tall picture & ITV 1 HD is full screen.  Is 16:9 supposed to fill the whole screen? If I dowmload a program from the net it plays with a black band top & bottom.

Like 0      
05 May 2011 8:24 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Is 16:9 supposed to fill the whole screen?

No as it all depends on what is being transmited, as there are a number of formats. So even in 16:9 you may still get black bars at the top and bottom of the picture, as the broadcsater is trying to show you more of the image.

If I set the digi box & the tv to 16:9 then BBC 1 HD has black bands either side of a tall picture & ITV 1 HD is full screen

Very strange.Something is autoformattinging the picture and stretching it, maybe some form of automatic "black bar" removal?

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Router problem - 3 posts
Had enough now! - 17 posts
Student finance support UK - 0 posts
Those affected by Instant Acess Properties - 0 posts
Osama Bin Laden killed in Pakistan! - 4 posts
Auberge, Benijofar - 10 posts
WANTED: Seville centre(ish) appartment - Sept 2011 to June 2012 - 2 posts
Help! Bees Nest!!!! - 7 posts
Long Term Rental - Quesada - Los Montesinos - El Raso - 2 posts
Borrador - 6 posts
Over three and a half hours of The Royal Wedding, enjoy! - 0 posts
QUESTION RE SPANISH HEALTH SYSTEM - 3 posts
cd player for car needed. murcia/mazarron area. - 0 posts
It isn't just the British - 2 posts
UK couple living near Estepona Looking for friends - 0 posts
Reach the World - 0 posts
Long term rental wanted , Villa country house East of Estapona - 0 posts
Looking to rent house - 0 posts
Petition: An Open Letter to David Lidington, Minister for Europe - 66 posts
Royal Wedding Congratulations - 11 posts
Pussy Natural Energy Drink - 2 posts
Lift from alicante airport to Quesada on sat june 4th - 3 posts
Traditional sign writer required for some hand painted signwork. - 2 posts
Address - 2 posts
Thule Roof Bars with Locks - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x