Tempted by Tarifa?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 May 2011 12:00 AM by TTarifa Star rating in Tarifa . 1 posts Send private message

With the sun out and the temperature rising, Tarifa summer fun is about to kick off once again.... my favourite spot in Tarifa is Tangana... what's yours?

Like 0      
03 May 2011 1:49 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Mine is always DOS MARES Hotel!! Great natural burguers there!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 May 2011 1:56 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

The beach is pretty spectacular.  Much nicer than the ones on the costa del sol.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
04 May 2011 12:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

You can't beat the beaches in Tarifa!  The yellow sand and the really clear water are wonderful.

You've just got to make sure you don't go on a really windy day.  That sand hitting your legs really can hurt

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 May 2011 8:42 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

The whole coast from Cadiz down is brilliant but Tarifa is special, I agree. You are right about the wind,I had a swim in Bolonia just north of Tarifa the week before Easter. We had a picnic and I am still spitting out sand.

Like 0      
13 May 2011 10:11 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Problem with Tarifa is the wind its mad all the time great if you wind surf or kite but thats about it

Like 0      
18 May 2011 1:36 AM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

Tarifa would make an awesome tourist resort if they developed it a bit.
A few beachfront high rises would block out the wind and a nice develped coast would really make the place kick ass.

Like 0      
18 May 2011 9:23 AM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Bigwilly

You almost had me there for a moment.

Like 0      
18 May 2011 9:33 AM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

No i am actually serious.

i went once and ended up some old town.

place needs really redeveloping and its such a waste of a good beach with good sand.

would be lovely to have a seafront apartment there but they are as rare as hens teeth.

Like 0      
18 May 2011 9:47 AM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

There, you did it again! Nah, just kidding. I am not sure I am with you considering what the coast up to Sotogrande looks like.It would be a shame to see Tarifa spoilt like that. Develop it and it's just one more concrete jungle on a bit of water.I for one could find no reason to go there anymore. But if you want a Spanish ,as opposed to touristy, place that is developed and has nice beaches within walking distance of an apartement  you might want to have a look at Cadiz. I was quite surprised when I saw the beach there. That surely must be the best of both worlds.

Like 0      
18 May 2011 1:37 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

i went once and ended up some old town.

place needs really redeveloping and its such a waste of a good beach with good sand.

would be lovely to have a seafront apartment there but they are as rare as hens teeth.

And that's the attraction of Tarifa for most of us.  It's not the Costa del Sol, and if it did become like that, it would lose it's appeal completely.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
19 May 2011 3:10 PM by tigersharkjs Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

AHHH, Tarifa:  We first went there in 1970.  We rented a flat in one of those 3 white, 3 storey buildings on the beach.  There was virtually nothing else in the area.  Those 3 buildings were brand new, bright white, and seemed huge and tall.  Now when I go back there, I see how small they actually are, and kind of run down looking. The Bar Central was the (almost) only action in town.

It was WONDERFUL!!!! There was NO access to Morocco from Tarifa. It was all about the natural beauty of the area, the history of the place.

PLEASE don't start wishing for a concrete jungle in Tarifa..it's already bad enough with the invasion of the windsurfers."an old town" is what it is supposed to be.  There are enough party towns on the coast.  If that's what you are looking for, please go somewhere else.

I still visit Tarifa every time I'm in the area.  My wonderful friend, Fernando Villanueva ,(his family owned/owns half the town )recently passed away and I was really sad about that.

This message was last edited by tigersharkjs on 19/05/2011.

This message was last edited by tigersharkjs on 19/05/2011.

Like 0      
24 May 2011 3:22 PM by alfshane Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Tarifa is really wonderful. It is a long time now when I visited there and I must say that its beaches are really spectacular and it offers wonderful views of the mountains.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2011 7:42 PM by Valenciaboy Star rating in Turis, Valencia. 7 posts Send private message

Valenciaboy´s avatar
Tariff has the highest suicide rate in Europe! Just saying lol

Like 0      
12 Jun 2011 11:04 PM by tigersharkjs Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

What?? Where are you getting this info? 

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 12:35 AM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Just googled it and even so I can't vouch for the results there seems to be something to Valenciaboys post. Apparently the wind drives some people nuts. Is there not something similar in the south of France with the mistral?

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 3:08 PM by tigersharkjs Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Ha!  Interesting..The only thing I disliked about Tarifa was the endless hissing wind.  In fact, I made up a banner for Tarifa:  "Tarifa!! It will blow you away!" Yes, the mistral...think it drove van Gogh nuts (well, nuts-ER, I guess hee hee)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

RHD Renualt scenic in black 7 seater looking for lhd swap - 1 posts
English sky HD plus newest box for sale plus remote and viewing card - 2 posts
For sale i phone 4 UNLOCKED 16gb - 1 posts
UK Road Tax and Spain - 39 posts
wanted corner style sofa bed - 0 posts
Spanish Government comes to London - 10 posts
EOS in IE9 - 38 posts
moving where? - 2 posts
House or Apartment required near Malaga Airport - 4 posts
Fire safety in appartments - 0 posts
Iceland is in Vera - 5 posts
Banks - 1 posts
Picture format in HD - 3 posts
Router problem - 3 posts
Had enough now! - 17 posts
Student finance support UK - 0 posts
Those affected by Instant Acess Properties - 0 posts
Osama Bin Laden killed in Pakistan! - 4 posts
Auberge, Benijofar - 10 posts
WANTED: Seville centre(ish) appartment - Sept 2011 to June 2012 - 2 posts
Help! Bees Nest!!!! - 7 posts
Long Term Rental - Quesada - Los Montesinos - El Raso - 2 posts
Borrador - 6 posts
Over three and a half hours of The Royal Wedding, enjoy! - 0 posts
QUESTION RE SPANISH HEALTH SYSTEM - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x