SPANISH GOVERNMENT PROPERTY ROAD SHOW 2011

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 May 2011 4:50 PM by mike_congress Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

The BBC are broadcasting the interviews they recorded both inside and outside the Spanish Embassy yesterday, as follows:

BBC News Channel (no. 80 on freeview)  6:30 pm onwards today (05 May)

BBC World Service (radio) 5:30 pm tomorrow

Footage will be included of the press release with Jose Blanco and Beatriz Corredor, and interviews of victims outside.

Like 0      
05 May 2011 5:42 PM by Margaret and Charlie Star rating in Scotland. 34 posts Send private message

This can also be viewed for people who do not have Freeview on Sky Channel 503.

Like 0      
05 May 2011 5:50 PM by pjd8845 Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Well done Keith,

Having just returned from a military deployment to Afghanistan im heartened to read your comments and see the fire still burns in your belly !! If we had a couple a dozen Keith Rule's working in Afghanistan then we would be done and dusted there by now. Keep up the good work.

our situation has not changed much on Finca Los Mazones since I left last year, except that we finally have a contract drafted by our solicitor to get an electrical engineer to start work on the ropey electric supply we were left with by that bunch of crooks who also were involved with your development. Otherwise, our homes are still as illegal as they were last time we spoke.

Wish I had neighbours with the guts and determination of you and Reg......

Pete 

Like 0      
05 May 2011 6:11 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Great to hear from you again Pete.  I am pleased you have returned safe and well.

Yes, we are still fighting on all fronts.

The Government Officials we met yesterday at the Embassy now have details of the Finca Parcs/CAM Bank case.  I also mentioned their previous 'work' on Finca Los Mazones.  They seemed surprised that Cleyton GES SL and Finca Expert SL were Spanish companies - they double checked with me - 'are you sure they are a Spanish company?'.

Maybe they couldn't believe that Spanish companies would treat us Brits like that!

Anyway they are now aware and we will continue to pressure them from all sides - just like a Pincer Movement!

Once again, glad to see you are up and running again....!!

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
05 May 2011 11:22 PM by ads Star rating. 4125 posts Send private message

I have to ask the question, are you sure that this "ignorance" on their part is not a ploy to conceal knowledge? Would you have expected them to admit to this at the start of a public roadshow, Keith?

Also have you considered that they may be playing for time here in an attempt to quell the disquiet until this series of roadshows is over?

Sorry to sound cynical but when you read of Sn Blanco's hypocritcal stance (if the facts are to be believed re his property I hasten to add) and the strong language that has been spoken previously, plus their behaviour to keep you outside for such a length of time (in the hope that you would go away no doubt) is rude and arrogance of the highest order and hardly inspires confidence in their suggestions that they want to solve problems, does it?

We have all been exposed to an almighty injustice here and no manner of politeness and hope can detract from the realities that we have to expose to the wider media. I wish AVAAZ would come on board to this and expose the realities to a worldwide audience to be honest. It's an absolute disgrace and denial will only add to the injustices.

Just read this (taken from a comment on the observer online)

I want to express my disgust and dismay at Spanish minister for development, Jose Blanco's visit to the Uk.
It is I feel an unbelievable display of hypocrisy and a blatant cheek.
It shows a complete lack of respect and disregard towards the thousands affected by the unjust and illegal application of the Spanish coastal law (Ley de Costas 1988) A law that is being implemented to protect the interests of a chosen few,
while completely disregarding the rights of the average citizen.

What is occuring here in Spain is a blatant INFRINGEMENT OF HUMAN RIGHTS, the effects of which are felt NATIONWIDE.

This is not an exaggeration; this is a struggle between the people and the state, a battle that goes beyond financial gain, the issue is indeed far deeper.

I was compelled to write this after having just recently attended the PNALC conference in Valencia (the association of legal properties owners affected by the coastal law) I found myself so moved and angered by the stories of those affected, case after case, from all over Spain, of what I could only describe as,
" An act of state terrorism against the people." Extreme words for an extreme situation.

Violation of basic human rights may sound a tad extreme to some but the methods used,and the level of aggression and intimidation experienced by many are not something that Spain would wish to see widely publicized: THE HUMAN COST.

The systematic demolitions, some in the middle of the night involving sleeping property owners being forced from their beds, having to witness their posessions being destroyed. The shock of which, caused the elderly inhabitants to collapse and be hospitalised.

Or the shock and surprise of the couple having breakfast who were suddenly confronted by armed officers and bulldozers; told that their dogs would be shot if they didnt remove them, and forbidden to take photographs of the demolition?
This is EXTREMELY worrying; You are not FREE to photograph the demolition of your own property?
What is it the authorities fear so much, the TRUTH, perhaps?

Or the property owner landed with a bill of 400, 000 euros for the demolition of their own property?

Or the elderly gentleman offered the pricely sum of 136 euros, (YES, ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY SIX EUROS!) compensation for the loss of his property?

Ah, the generosity of the State is beyond words.

A major bone of contention is the retroactive application of the law:
If you are one of the "lucky ones", whose home was built legally BEFORE 1988, you may be permitted to stay in your property for a further thirty years as a tenent: your investment becomes STATE property, you will NOT sell it.
And the icing on the cake? if you have a mortgage you are obliged to continue paying for something you no longer own, not knowing at what point the 30 year concession will be retracted, or perhaps increased in a display of unexpected charity.

But for those already left with nothing, having watched their home be levelled to a pile of rubble, any future amendment to the law will be too be late.

Sadly these are not isolated stories. Many of those affected talk of being treated like "criminals" when they seek help and advice from the authorities. Which is why the asscociation turned to the European parliament for help.
And whilst there are some MEPS who have been outwardly critical of the situation, so far we continue to wait.

What sane person would consider investing in a coastal property in a country where there is no judicial security or transparency? It is the actions of some rogue African state not a modern day democratic European country.
It makes a mockery of the European Union too, with the European Parliament´s inability, and the European´Commission´s unwillingness, to act to protect the basic rights of it's citizens.

What happened to the concept of Democracy and Freedom of speech?
What happened to "For a man's house is his castle" ?
'One's home is the safest refuge for all' Perhaps should be changed to;
" A politician's home is the safest refuge of all."

I tend to agree.....what sane person would consider investing in a coastal property in a country where there is no judicial security or transparency?

Both of these factors should be absolute essential pre-requisites to any possible hope of real estate recovery in Spain. No longer should we sit on the fence in the hope that this will be corrected. Only action on their part now to prove their intentions will suffice, and only then should we believe that they are truly listening.

Let's hear how they intend to recompense those with successful judgements, stuck in a system that denies them justice.

Let's hear how they intend to honour bank guarantees and those unlawfully denied bank guarantees.

Let's hear how they intend to solve the problems of  licences without the ability to sell etc and compensate those whose properties have been demolished.

Let's hear how they intend to reform the justice system and deal correctly with accountability on all fronts?

Need I go on?

Have they provided you with dates of the roadshows Keith?

This message was last edited by ads on 05/05/2011.

This message was last edited by ads on 06/05/2011.

Like 0      
14 May 2011 10:40 AM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

15 May 2011 11:54 PM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

http://www.facebook.com/AIFOS.amigos

Do Aifos really have any friends ?

Like 0      
17 May 2011 11:21 AM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

17 May 2011 11:25 AM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

So we know now the Spanish government has no intention of trying to help out all of defrauded given thero recent comments about relying on the useless legal system !

I  will be most interested to see which "private Firms" will be turning up to show off the "quality" product.

They really are trying their best to dupe as many people as they can arent they. ?

Like I said before it was the NAZIs who discovered that the more big lies you tell the more people actually believe what you are saying.

I find it appalling that our UK government has been so weak and ineffectual on this whole issue.

This message was last edited by johnmfranci5 on 17/05/2011.

Like 0      
17 May 2011 2:16 PM by ads Star rating. 4125 posts Send private message

Accountability is all in this scenario.

If accountability via fair and timely implementation of the law is not forthcoming in Spain, then we have every right to conclude that it is CERTAINLY NOT safe to purchase real estate in Spain.

So long as the rule of law which protects consumer rights is not implemented in a timely fashion, with recompense forthcoming and consumers’ rights upheld, and the abuses continue (as in the case of the Priors and those like them), with retrospective action being applied, appeal judgements remaining unresolved for years, banks reneging on their guarantees, etc, then no-one can be assured that an effective Spanish justice system is in place to safeguard their rights.

Until these issues of accountability are resolved by action and not words on the part of the Spanish Government and Banks , the message has to remain BUYER BEWARE.  

A workable and effective justice system (a basis for any civilised society) is an absolute pre-requisite to any safe purchase in Spain, and no amount of papering over the issues or manipulating the facts will detract from this basic requirement. Also your rights don't just stop at the point of purchase, they continue thereafter, and without adequate consumer protection backed up by an effective justice system in place to ensure accountability, you will always remain at risk in Spain.

This message was last edited by ads on 17/05/2011.

This message was last edited by ads on 17/05/2011.

Like 0      
18 May 2011 12:03 AM by ads Star rating. 4125 posts Send private message

Does anyone know of any other European Forums where we can forewarn of the realities relating to the risks and continuing injustices in Spain?

Like 0      
18 May 2011 6:28 PM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

19 May 2011 8:49 AM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

http://gonzalolira.blogspot.com/2010/11/for-europes-future-spain-is-all-that.html

This article is 6 months old but it does make the point that it would take 450 billion euros to bail out spain should it

come to it.  I wonder how willing in the German taxpayer would be to fork out that amound of money !

Like 0      
19 May 2011 10:00 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

johnmfranci5, Or the UK taxpayers. Osborne has committed the UK to helping with bailouts until 2013.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
19 May 2011 11:08 AM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

19 May 2011

The 'Blanco y Corredor' Spanish Property Roadshow is today presenting the 'transparency and legal security' of purchasing a property in Spain to our friends in Holland.............

Spanish Embassy in Netherlands
Lange Voorhout, 50
The Hague
Email: ambespnl@correo.mae.es

Then its off to France, Germany, Sweden and Russia.

Then back the UK in June for the second phase designed to entice us with 13 'government checked' companies offering their Real Estate and financial products.  Can't wait...............!!

This message was last edited by Keith110 on 19/05/2011.

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
06 Jun 2011 8:06 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

6 Jun 2011

3rd stop on the tour after London and Amsterdam was Paris.

The French increased their purchase of property in Spain by more than 25% last year and was ranked second on the list of foreign groups purchasing the most properties in Spain, with 8.2% of all purchases made by foreign citizens (second only to the United Kingdom).

Next stop - Germany then onto Sweden and Russia.

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
06 Jun 2011 11:02 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Spain would still appear to be an attractive destination for European property buyers.

Patricia

Like 0      
07 Jun 2011 12:06 AM by ads Star rating. 4125 posts Send private message

Oh yes it's a wonderful destination, just riddled with ongoing corruption.

Does anyone know of any other European Forums ?

This message was last edited by ads on 07/06/2011.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 11:27 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

02/06/2011

As Spain's development minister Jose Blanco launches a campaign to encourage British people to invest in Spanish property,local Welsh Conservative MEP Kay Swinburne, has warned people to beware some of its planning laws which have seen thousands of homeowners robbed of their houses and nest eggs.

The development ministry launched its Europe-wide campaign in the UK. It is aimed at promoting the 'transparency' of Spain's housing market and the 'soundness' of its property legislation. However, the Ministry is unlikely to highlight the thousands of British families that have invested in homes in Spain, only to have those properties seized by the state because of retrospectively applied planning laws, often resulting in the owners being forced to pay substantial sums for demolition or to rent the land that they have already bought.

The European Parliament's petitions committee has heard from dozens of victims, and in 2009 the parliament passed a report calling on the Spanish authorities to rethink their laws. To date, the Spanish authorities have ignored the call.

Kay said:

"Over the past 2 years I have heard heart-breaking stories from  Welsh  residents who invested their savings into a holiday or retirement home in Spain, only to face losing everything.

"The Spanish Minister coming here to promote
 Spanish real estate whilst thousands of British people have lost their homes is not appropriate. Minister Blanco is trying to whitewash his country's abysmal record. I would suggest that the minister sits down with some of the victims and see what they think of his claim about the transparency and soundness of Spanish property legislation. Some of the stories that I have heard are absolutely heart-breaking and demonstrate that the Spanish courts can be futile when it comes to actually helping people pursue justice in this area.

"Conservative
 MEPs will continue to campaign for Spain to bring its planning laws into the 21st century."

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
15 Jun 2011 11:35 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

The Secretary of State for Housing, Sra. Beatriz Corredor, is in Sweden making a presentation of the Spanish real estate market to investors and agents in Scandinavia.

This is the sixth stop on the road show, which started in London on 4th May with a talk by Sr. José Blanco, and has also travelled to Holland, France, Germany and Russia.

Watch out for Phase Two - aimed at the private sector and featuring a selection of real estate products.

We can't wait Sr. Blanco!!

Let's hope all 1200 people who have signed Ruth's Stop The Road Show Petition will attend and help to let the Spanish Government know first hand what we think of their Road Shows.

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

taxi fare - 7 posts
Vodafone- You think Telefonica is bad????? - 6 posts
long term rental wanted in camposol,murica - 0 posts
can anyone help or advise me? - 3 posts
Iberdrola problem - 0 posts
administrator - 4 posts
Wishing you all a Happy Easter - 18 posts
Fire Bricks - 2 posts
Moulton bicycle - 0 posts
Generator - 1 posts
Non Resaident buying brand new car in Spain - 5 posts
Something to crow about - Thank You! - 8 posts
A Voice for the Voiceless / Sharon's Appeal for Noah's Arc - April/May 2011 - 4 posts
lift maintenance - 1 posts
Club for amateur enterpreneurs - 0 posts
Rent to Rent - 0 posts
2 Rattan Sun Loungers for Sale - 2 posts
Anyone know of a decent electrician? - 11 posts
A little laugh for EVERYONE who has to deal with red tape in Spain - 7 posts
Speed Limit - 4 posts
Spanish Car LeftHD for UK car . Opel Vectra 2003 2.2 Dti - 0 posts
If you like royal weddings you will love this! - 2 posts
Newbie with a question - 5 posts
Ryanair found guilty of discrimination - 16 posts
The power of words ... - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 184

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x