Any thoughts on the Paramount Resort coming to Murcia-plans released yesterday.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by TheQuietMan Star rating in UK and very occasion.... 535 posts Send private message

Just wondered what opinions there are regarding the Paramount Resort. I think its great for the region and from what we can read they do seem to have done their homework- time will tell. I'm hoping it does what they say it will more or less. Apparently it wont open till 2015 so until they start digging I'm not sure we'll see much happening in terms of wider development, although all the alerts I get tell me sales are up in the surrounding area- which is fantastic if true.

If it actually happens I can see it have a knock on for area's up to a couple of hours away as much as for the local area.I've visited GRanada in a day there and back from close to Mazarron, wasnt a problem.

Some forums are posting very negative comments about whether it'll actually get beyond this stage and why Murcia was ever chosen as its not a tourist 'hotspot'. Others comment that it can't compete with what Euro Disney and Florida etc have because the surrounding area's dont offer what tourists can get elsewhere. But, it sounds as though it'll be a very compact resort and encouraging 12 monthly short break visitors with the benefits to the local area being an increase in trade annually- people will come despite not having all of the attractions of Florida and elsewhere and I think that will develop although it'll have to have a bit of class to keep them coming. At 2.5 hours from the UK I think it'll do well.

Tony.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2011 1:00 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

The guys who set these theme parks, call them what you will, don't do so on a hunch. They spend milions exploring everything that could go wrong - and right. They tend to know what they are doing. Who are we to argue when our insider knowledge wouldn't even qualify us to serve those guys, and the investors, with coffee at their table. Each to their own. Well done. There will be a lot of winners, including all those who have property within a fifty mile radius.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
26 Mar 2011 1:13 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

to be honest i think they have got it right when you go to these places with your kids they are usually to tired in the evening to do much else,they have chosen an area where you will stay in their hotels eat their food and buy their drink,it has good transport links to the area.so you fly in go to the resort stay there spend your money then go home sounds like they have a winning formular and i bet the land was a lot cheaper than what disney paid for the land in paris

Like 0      
26 Mar 2011 5:12 PM by angela59 Star rating in Ireland. 58 posts Send private message

Is there any link that I could read this?

TIA

Angela59

Like 0      
26 Mar 2011 5:33 PM by paulhill308 Star rating in Nottingham/Jardin 2 .... 107 posts Send private message

paulhill308´s avatar

Try this Angela, and click on the Condado home tab,  hope it helps

http://www.condadodealhamaservices.com/

This message was last edited by paulhill308 on 26/03/2011.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2011 5:46 PM by angela59 Star rating in Ireland. 58 posts Send private message

Hi Paulhill308,

Many thanks

Angela59

Like 0      
26 Mar 2011 10:25 PM by cooper130 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

You can read the whole story for  the Murcia Paramount Theme Park and the latest two articles for the the invite only  Paramount presentation made on Friday.

http://www.simplynetworking.es/news-5684-31-the_paramount_theme_park_murcia_conceptual_project_unveiled.html

http://www.simplynetworking.es/news-5686-31-paramount_murcia_theme_park_design_elements.html

I hope this helps.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2011 12:27 AM by angela59 Star rating in Ireland. 58 posts Send private message

Cheers copper130,

A bit of bed time reading!

Like 0      
27 Mar 2011 1:18 PM by TheQuietMan Star rating in UK and very occasion.... 535 posts Send private message

Hi dartboy and mike, I also think they will have 'done the math' for this project. Its too important to let the chance slip away even though some parties think its all to do with elections etc. Its bound to reflect that, but they have gone to a lot of trouble and cost if its all lights and mirrors just for votes.

I wasn't keen initially as the rumour was that it would actually be on Condado de Alhama land immediately next to the present resort- in fact many people thought the access would be through our main outer link road. Have to confess I didnt really want it there despite the benefits it will bring, a bit 'nimby' of me I know. But it has already seen a growth in sales on that resort and on others in the locality and thats got to be good.

But the actual location is still majorily beneficial to Condado de Alhama and also to the surrounding area. Condado owners are seriously hoping Polaris World will now buy back land or another company will buy into Condado and develop the resort in ways similar to the original 15,000 properties, 3 golf course and shopping mall expectation 

They seem to have come up with a new concept and I like the sound of the open air concert area too- that must be were the Nashville connection rumour developed from a few weeks back. But what an extra bonus for pulling in the punters by getting big bands, opera stars and solo artists

Bring it on, say I.

This message was last edited by TheQuietMan on 27/03/2011.

Tony.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CHEAP FLIGHTS - 1 posts
Problem with BBC News via internet - 21 posts
Clocks go forward this weekend.... - 2 posts
Dell netbook 120 euro´s ONO - 3 posts
Counting Our Blessings! - 9 posts
Just one small problem! - 1 posts
What to do! - 5 posts
Still happy you bet I am - 6 posts
Palmera Properties - 59 posts
HOW TO STOP CATS DOING THEIR BUSINESS IN YOUR GARDEN - 13 posts
Inland Minimarket for sale - 0 posts
Negative Equity & Repossesion - 0 posts
Endesa Price List - 0 posts
help with the car hire - 2 posts
Court Summons - Cedula de Citacion - 4 posts
Renfe website Trenhotel to Paris - 7 posts
San Roque golf club nr Sotogrande Spain - 0 posts
Francis Loves Spain - 0 posts
Any Vespa/scooter riders in Spain? help - 1 posts
marbella LFO - 9 posts
New terminal at Alicante airport - 15 posts
sky tv -freeview-los alcazares-one off payment? - 1 posts
Jeep cherokee for sale... - 1 posts
Trains from Madrid to London - 3 posts
Serious problem with escritura and land registry - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x