900 euro speeding fine

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Mar 2011 10:42 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 09/03/2011.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2011 10:51 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
peteha, you are obviously not a Top Gear fan.

But that doesn't exclude you from limiting your posts to the subject matter, without having to be so offensively personal.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2011 10:53 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Peteha I only edited your comment out because I received four spam complaints about it which is very high. It didn't offend me at all. Yes I am a total petrol head but I also respect the fact that bad driving kills, not just speed. I actually take it quite easy on the roads and leave the thrashing around to when I can get to circuits.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Mar 2011 10:54 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

**Edited - Offensive**

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 08/03/2011.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2011 10:59 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Come on guys. Enough of the aggression. Let's please just keep this thread on topic now. Otherwise it's wasted.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Mar 2011 11:00 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
peteha, grammar lesson! Hahaha! 'Personally offensive' and 'offensively personal' - different meanings! You still can't stick to the subject can you?

Like 0      
08 Mar 2011 11:00 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

Justin

I thought spam complaints were for people advertising products.

If you were not offended why censor it?

** Edited-Offensive **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 08/03/2011.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2011 11:20 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

Like 0      
08 Mar 2011 11:26 PM by bigchesterboy Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

peteha, why don´t you just post an articulate reply to my post?

Like 0      
08 Mar 2011 11:30 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

Like 0      
08 Mar 2011 11:40 PM by bigchesterboy Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

sir. at least you read it carefully, shame you didn´t unerstand (sic) it. maybe reply to it with a valid point.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2011 12:28 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Oh the Banshee wailings of the PC Brigade (henceforth to be known as 'Souxsies'...)

'el que esté sin pecado, que tire la primera piedra...'

BigChesterBoy...Justin...

I fully concur with your first posts on this matter.

El Alamillo...

Strangely enough, I checked the registration of every car I have owned since 1973 and how weird... there are offences against all of them, all committed on the same day, in varying places. Strange really because with one exception , the were all scrapped before 1990...!

Maria...

Friendly, sympathetic lot on here aren't they!

Simple fact of the matter is that Yes this is a revenue earning measure.

Zapatero is determined to avoid a 'Bailout' if he can possibly avoid it and is taking direct action against his own electorate to do so. The action of the PSOE against the ATC controllers and the privatisation of AENA is proof of this. They are doing exactly the same as Britain did with the privatisation of the railways and look what a bloody disaster that was. Little wonder then that other employees of AENA like baggage handlers and firemen are taking action. Just a pity that because of Thatcher's employment laws it's virtually impossible / illegal to strike in the UK.

Things wont be any different under the PP either. Madrid is run by the PP and they have taken punitive action against the train drivers of the Metro;  their next target is Madrid's own Bomberos, the PP have stated that 40K€ inc overtime, shift pay and danger money is way too much.

Public Service employees are easy targets for any cost cutting government. (Think Blair, Brown and Tweedledum and Tweedledummer...)

Drivers too make easy targets. The only good news is that the Government will generally have to rely on automated systems, because they cannot or will not pay for the overtime or bonuses asked for by the Guardia Civil Trafficos.

Zapatero is making some serious mistakes. He will lose during the next election. Problem is the Opposition are even worse.

At the moment his Government is running slightly to the right of Franco.

By all means, 'Do the Crime and Pay the Fine' but let's have a degree of honesty here.

Every one breaks the Speed Limit at some point on every run they do.in towns and villages, generally speaking if you are in 4th or 5th gear you are necessarily breaking the speed limit.

fb

Edited for punctuation to keep the Souxsies happy...

This message was last edited by foxbat on 09/03/2011.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
09 Mar 2011 12:46 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Foxbat, my mate

I too looked at http://www.i-database.co.uk/ which El Alamillo posted

I checked our UK reg car & saw we had been caught speeding on March 1st 2011 but our UK car's locked in our garage back in the UK as we are in Spain. THEN I clicked on the view picture.  DID YOU?

El Alamillo, I'll kill you!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly the thread had become so nasty no one looked at it.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2011 1:12 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi More...

Oh Yes I did!

Didnt I mention the gotcha?

Shame really because the link has got lost in the noise!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
09 Mar 2011 10:50 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

foxbat/justin

this is a very serious matter, but I think you are both smack on with this.  Speed camera's in built up area's, schools etc are a must, but many on big clear roads are just money makers.  What is a joke is the Spanish government  accusing others of breaking the law?????

Like 0      
09 Mar 2011 12:31 PM by peterpb Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have been driving for over 50 years now and often visit Spain. The eternal question of speeding as a prime cause of accidents has been debated ad infinitum. In Australia they even use the expression Speed Kills. Of course it does , the only time a car is completely safe is when it is stationary.

It would be far more sensible to say Inappropriate Speed Kills. I know from experience I would far rather be driven fast by a good driver who is aware of his surroundings that be driven slowly by some dreamer who is not concentrating on what he is doing.

Lack of awareness is still the prime cause of accidents.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2011 1:06 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

peterpb

yes, just how dangerous is a nervous driver causing a huge tailback through lack of speed, compared to a confident aware driver doing 80 on a near empty road in a 70 zone?.  I know which car I'd feel safer in!

Like 0      
09 Mar 2011 1:30 PM by maverick100 Star rating in Ireland and naranjos.... 81 posts Send private message

Just to say a car is not completely safe when it is stationery as some fool did his best to kill me once, while he was driving a truck, that is not to say he was speeding but he certainly was not watching where he was going. So i do not think it is so dangerous to drive a few k/m over the limit once you are very aware of your surroundings, especially the spanish drivers that arenot able to use roundabouts and the ones that must over take you and then cut off your front bumper to take the off ramp.

Mark

Like 0      
09 Mar 2011 2:59 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

I feel so sorry  for Marie,she only ask a simple question,then bang flood gates open,lets all have a go.

She is not saying she didnt break the law,just has anyone else had such large fines,and my goodness did it go off the subject.I did get a fine once,with a hire car,and they traced me back to the UK.Will never know if I really broke the speed limit,BUT did pay the fine.

Thought we were all trying to help each other,not have a full scale war on the our computers??

Like 0      
09 Mar 2011 8:24 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I am with Big Chester Boy on this; and others have made sensible responses too. I won't dig it out now but statistically speeding is the cause of only 5% of accidents. The rest are for a variety of unrelated causes; many outlined by BCB.

I remember reading that in two UK police areas the police traffic department tried a new initiative. 1) Traffic policemen began to admonish under the limit drivers. They were a major cause of frustration - and dangerous overtaking. 2) In Sussex I think: The traffic police, also stopped those whose driving was exemplary and congratulated them. It had a positive effect.

As everyone knows, the cameras are there purely for raising revenue. If there was genuine interest in road safety there are lots of other things they could do; like filling in blasted potholes.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Disposing of Fridge / Freezer - 5 posts
Motoring in Euroland - 6 posts
Los Alcazares Restaurants - 11 posts
Household bills on Long term let's? - 4 posts
Solmar Car Hire - 5 posts
Losing land to pay for urban infra-structure - mortgage??? - 10 posts
Dunnings from Oregon, USA - 1 posts
Sanilles Thermal Spa Invesatment CAUTION - 1 posts
Fire work`s in Spain ,Amazing - 1 posts
Astronomical interest and legal fees - what are my options? - 4 posts
4x4 wanted - 3 posts
Why the non bank guarantee cases will fail .... - 25 posts
Hi My name is Matthew - 2 posts
WANTED! WILL PICK UP YOUR COMPUTER / ELECTRONIC / ICS SCRAP! - 0 posts
Our wonderful holiday at El Oasis apartment! - 1 posts
Looking for a property - 3 posts
Car Hire Question - 9 posts
The Black Bull Steakhouse and Bar, San Miguel de Salinas - 3 posts
Parking fine - 3 posts
Car Tax - change of address - 13 posts
Clean up politics in Spain - 3 posts
How To Prevent Comment Spam On EOS Blogs? - 0 posts
Chasing mortgage debt in the UK - 64 posts
HAPPY ST DAVIDS DAY - 13 posts
Parque Commercial Las Playas New Shopping Centre La Zenia/Playa Flamenca - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 40

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x