Parque Commercial Las Playas New Shopping Centre La Zenia/Playa Flamenca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by Monica 77 Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi Folks,

Just home from Playa Flamenca and have noticed building at the roundabout near the toll road (AP7) and the Lidl.

I have heard from the locals that M&S and Primark are going in. How can I find out what is happening, is there a web site that  I can check out.  I have been told that it is going to be the biggest shopping centre in Europe?

regards to all

Monica

Like 0      
01 Mar 2011 8:25 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

There is a web site somewhere for it and I'll see if I can find out.

Don't think it mentions M&S, though.  It did mention a Primark and a Leroy Merlin plus a big supermarket.

Very much doubt if it will be the biggest in Europe, either.   Even with the land I doubt it will be as big as Al jub centre in Elche and certainly not as big as many others.  I hope they improve the road access as well.  It is a nightmare going up to Los Dolses centre at the moment and that's only got half a dozen outlets.  

Will post when I find the link.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2011 8:28 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

01 Mar 2011 9:35 PM by Monica 77 Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi Thanks Boboal,

Just seen it from your link. Its big enough but yes your right not the biggest in Europe.  I was wondering what was going on with the helicopters flyin in and out of the site.  Great for the area.

thanks

Like 0      
02 Mar 2011 3:00 AM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

I think you have been listening to too much pub talk,  very unlikely M&S would  enter Spain as they used to be in Costa del Sol a few years back and pulled out, as for being the largest shopping centre in Europe, do you really think the largest shopping centre in Europe would be situated in the Orihuela Costa?! Its hardly the commercial centre of Spain let alone Europe!!

This message was last edited by ojosazul88 on 02/03/2011.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2011 9:43 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I would agree that there is ulikely to be an M&S - more's the pity!  Still, they do a very good internet ordering system so us M&S addicts can still shop there.

They are really moving fast with the building work for La Zenia Boulevard and it will be a great boost to the local economy if they can fill all the 150 shops planned when it opens next year.

As Bobaol says, the road access is a concern - they probably thought that being so close to the motorway was a great idea but hardly anyone uses it because of the tolls.  All the locals, at least, come off the AP7 and onto the N332 either side of the two tolls, leaving the stretch between La Zenia and Los Montesinos virtually empty!  The extra traffic will cause problems if they don't scrap the tolls and encourage people to use the motorway network again.

However, I do hope this brings us more jobs, which will in turn encourage more people to come and live in the area.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2011 1:11 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Well, looks like all the parking bit is done.  Great piles of sand and rubble on both sides of the road.  

A couple of years ago, the big plan was to build a huge shopping centre a couple of stops up the AP7 near Quesada.  This was also supposed to be "the biggest shopping centre in Europe" with a train station being built as well.  Looks like that has come to a complete stop although the petrol station has been completed.

Agreed with the tolls on the AP7.  As this road is very little used at the moment (not just the Spaniards who avoid them, so do I, especially in Summer when the cost doubles) there are not many queues to get on and off.  I can see the queues being horrendous when this centre is open.  The road coming from Playa Flamenca is already impassable on market days and is a 30 kph limit (not that anyone sticks to it) anyway.  The other road coming up from the N332 is also pretty grim with cars parked both side and those "traffic calming" speed bumps which are mini-mountains.

Still, it will be good for the area and will save the trip down to Dos Mares.  Can't see a Primark on the list though, so will probably still mean a trip to L'Aljub to keep SWMBO happy (there's also C&A, Zara, H&M etc to keep her ticking over).

Like 0      
02 Mar 2011 1:24 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

According to the plans shown in the paper last week the centre is going to be designed on the same lines as the open air one in Torrevieja, ( near Carrefore )  not an indoor centre, and not that big either. Cant see that many extra people coming to it once the initial flurry is over although it will bring some much needed employment to the area hopefully.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2011 4:01 PM by wheltonpat Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

I know this is a bit late considering that the other posts were March but the "biggest in Europe" bit refers to the Primart that is going in.  >Hope that is of some help.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2011 6:31 PM by Monica 77 Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi Wheltonpat.

I will see it tomorrow as I'm off on a fact finding mission.

Sun Sea and Sangria.

I'll report my findings.

Monica

Like 0      
01 Sep 2011 9:13 PM by Monica 77 Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi

Just back and I couldnt believe how quickly the centre has gone up.  While in Spain I heard from my solicitor and a local that it is going to be the second biggest centre in Europe and Ikea has said it is going in, apparently it has been in the paper,lets hope this is the case.

bye

Monica

Like 0      
19 Nov 2011 12:03 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Hi there folks I am just back from Spain and I was also amazed how the new centre has gone up so fast, they say the opening will be Nov 2012 but they way things are going I think it will be sooner, the bridge over the motorway up to Villamartin has been closed for a Month so it is a long way now down to the La Zenia rounabout, you have to turn left near Supervalue and over to the next rounabout then right down passed the Banana Tree the down by the school and the market road to playa flaminco then over to the La Zenia roundabout very messy and a lot of speed bumps on the way, I think our property will go up in value as a result of the new centre being so near us. I am here for Christmas in West Cork in Ireland and the weather is so bad rain everyday I can't wait to go back to paradise in Jan.......

Like 0      
25 Nov 2011 10:22 AM by JRingrose Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,

My apartment (Orchidea apartments near Via Park 2/3) is in Villas San Jose 111 Fase (PR-12) - I understand it is close to the new La Zenia complax.  Last time I was there (It has been rented out for some time) the area was rather run down.  Do you think this complex will help the area and possibly make property in the area marketable again? - will it be all it is cracked up to be?

I would like to take possession of my apartment again next year especially if this complex is going to make the area better.  Will it be only a shopping / eating complex or will it be a leisure complex too.

John Ringrose

Like 0      
25 Nov 2011 11:36 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how far it would be to walk  from the

la zenia roundabout on the N332 to the new shopping centre.

thanks.

coolyes

Like 0      
25 Nov 2011 11:43 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

About 5 Minutes walk.......

Like 0      
25 Nov 2011 11:48 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

ob123

thanks for reply

coolyes

Like 0      
25 Nov 2011 11:57 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

No problem, this new shpping centre will increase the value of our property I think....

Like 0      
26 Apr 2012 7:44 PM by rachiee Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hey! It's so cool to think that we have all gone past the building in progress! I have a house on Calle Nicolas Bussi So this to me is like a miracle (Primark, I wouldnt buy things in M&S because I perfer Mercadona to anything. And I'll be scared that M&S may beat Mercadona in marketing ranges). I heard there is also going to be an Iceland  aswell!

I was driving past it on my way to the beach and I saw their progress. It is actually doing pretty well. From the day I arrived (It was just a few bricks in piles and a load of men smoking) to the day I left where it was already looking pretty good- and this was July 2011. I'm going in 12 weeks time so I recon it will be nearly done, and finished in 2013 some time. I also actually do think it will be europe's biggest because I have contacted the coucil, and I can clearly see myself. Its much much more bigger when it is right infront of you. And loads of friends and neighbours have also said it is going to be.

I love Primark so so much! I really hope I dont get any comments saying how stupid this is because I'm going with my reasearch, views and opinions. Also maybe you'd like to consider the fact that I'm only 13 yet I know what I'm talking about.

**Is it true that the Hungarian Restaurant in Flamenca Beach has closed down? If so, can anyone send me any messages of where they go and they would recommend it. Thankyou :)

Like 0      
26 Apr 2012 8:28 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Due to open in November this year although rumour has it that it will be ready by September.  Iceland already has two stores in Torrevieja so I doubt if they will open another one but stranger things have happened.  I doubt if it is the largest shopping centre in Europe, nor even in Spain, come to that as there are bigger ones in Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia, but it will be big.  Probably the biggest on the Costa Blanca.  At 175,000 sq metres it will be twice the size of the L'Aljub centre in Elche but is easily outshone by the Metro Centre in Gateshead at almost 200,000 sq metres.

Looking forward to it opening, though.  

Like 0      
08 Jun 2012 7:53 PM by reflect Star rating in Cabo Roig. 9 posts Send private message

Does anyone know if  there is a website for Parque Commercial, if so could you share? thanks

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Motorway speed limits coming down to 110 kph - 15 posts
wanted, dining table chairs - 1 posts
Who voted for or against? - 0 posts
RTA-Europe/ - 3 posts
I want to swap my Fiat Punto HGT (2002 Spanish reg, LHD) for UK plates RHD - 14 posts
Tourist Visa for Spain - 3 posts
Industrial paper shredder - 0 posts
LTSB/Halifax - forged documents - beware - 1 posts
For Sale. Double glazing for Fortuna terrace - 0 posts
Wanted - 5 Bedroom house in Barcelona area for client - 0 posts
Drivivng to Costa Del Sol with dog! - 4 posts
van coming to fuente alamo area from midlands - 0 posts
car insurance third party - 10 posts
edit - 2 posts
Mexican-style furniture Wanted- Almeria Province - 0 posts
builder's electricity - 9 posts
Andre Villa freestyle motor cross park - 0 posts
Satellite TV on TDLT - 9 posts
second hand furniture - 1 posts
Día de Andalucía - 12 posts
Would you have a Spanish student - 12 posts
Furniture for sale in Murcia - 1 posts
Tapatalk compatible? - 2 posts
Leather Chairs - 3 posts
Taxes in Spain for the over 65's - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x