Selling UK Registered Car In Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by COSMO Star rating in Gateshead and Costa.... 46 posts Send private message

Hi all,

instead of taking my uk registered car back to England, I'm thinking of selling it in Spain,does anyone know how this would be possible if the buyer does not have a uk address to put in the log book?

Thanks.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2011 11:58 AM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Simply put you would not be able to sell it legally if the person did not have a UK address.

However they could use a family members address in the UK? The thing is you have to protect yourself and you should be the one who sends off the completed V5 document as the new owner may not end it back at all so you will be liable for speeding tickets and so forth.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2011 12:48 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Everyone does it but, legally you cannot sell, part-ex; gift  or scrap a  foreign registered vehicle in Spain. It 's supposed to go back from whence it came.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2011 5:07 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Gus, I know nothing about selling, part exchanging or gifting vehicles, but DVLA website gives the following info if you wish to scrap your vehicle: 

Do not give the Registration Certificate (V5C) to the foreign authorities. You must send it to us at DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AR. You should keep the original foreign Certificate of Destruction and enclose a copy of it with your V5C or letter. If the V5C has been lost, stolen or destroyed please write to us at the same address enclosing a copy of the foreign Certificate of Destruction.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2011 5:16 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

I sold my UK reg car to a dealer and put his name on the V5 and sent it back to Swansea and I got a reply back from them saying the car was now no longer registered to me. there is a part on the V5 for this purpose.

This message was last edited by fpegman on 24/02/2011.

This message was last edited by fpegman on 24/02/2011.

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2011 6:01 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

You can legally sell a UK registered car in Spain, even if the don't have a UK address, providing it is exported to Spain at the same time!

This is what I did in the end.

I had a UK LHD car and was going to put it on Spanish plates, however I decided to sell it and get something else.

When I sold the car, the purchaser paid all the costs of re-registration, including matriculation.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
26 Feb 2011 3:53 AM by COSMO Star rating in Gateshead and Costa.... 46 posts Send private message

Thanks for the replies.

I had found a web-site which covered this topic.I think it told you to consult some sort of information guide which comes wiyh your V5,tried looking again but can't find it.

Thanks again.

This message was last edited by COSMO on 26/02/2011.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2011 4:23 AM by COSMO Star rating in Gateshead and Costa.... 46 posts Send private message

Bloody typical,searched for a week without finding website, tried again and found it within 15 minutes!!!!

Sorry but my computer skills don't stretch to pasting answer,but if you google: ins 160 and click on: Your Registration Certificate (V5C) and you, then scroll down to section 3 page 8 it will tell you there.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2011 12:08 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

27 Feb 2011 1:33 PM by COSMO Star rating in Gateshead and Costa.... 46 posts Send private message

Thanks Fred.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

trish - 4 posts
Cedula's - anyone out there know about them? - 0 posts
Beer at 16 cents per can - 0 posts
Transport from UK required - 0 posts
Our fantastic UK MEP'S?? - 41 posts
Hello from Madrid - 0 posts
Estate Agent Jokes !! - 1 posts
LORDS REMOVALS/TRANSPORT ON CAMPASOL - 2 posts
Do you think sterling is deliberately being kept low against the Euro - 7 posts
Unpaid Community Fees - 19 posts
mobile disco usage & wedding dresses - 0 posts
FS xbox 360 - 0 posts
Denuncia for speeding - 15 posts
Legal Spanish Ice cream business for sale - 0 posts
can't phone endesa from uk - please help! - 11 posts
Looking for a second hand clothes shop that buys clothes or comission - 0 posts
could anybody help please with the whereabouts of Wayne Stoneman. Many Thanks - 1 posts
BMW 645 ci reduced by 5k, NOW 15K, bag yourself a bargain, it must go!!!!! - 0 posts
Terrace furniture - 15 posts
Rental in caniles with cats - 2 posts
Hi all - 5 posts
Directions to Ardales - 1 posts
Pet Insurance? - 11 posts
Overseas Keys San Javier - 16 posts
Internet Providers - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x