can't phone endesa from uk - please help!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by suelil Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi, I gather I'm far from the only person to have problems with Endesa. It seems that a direct debit has failed for some mystery reason, and they are threatening to cut off electricity to apartment in Costa del Sol. It is totally impossible to get over there for the foreseeable future (mother-in-law in hospital, daughter very ill), yet the number on the bill we've been faxed does not work ( 902508850 - I'm guesing it's the equivilant of an 0800 number in UK). I've looked at the website but cannot see any other contact numbers other than 902 numbers, and no way to make online payment.

I have two friends heading out to the apartment next months, one of whom has MS, and I can't find a way to be sure they will have any electricity.

Can anyone help?

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 1:49 PM by mrfixitspain Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

mrfixitspain´s avatar

Have look on

sin902

Its one of those alternative to non-geo number sites.

It gives these as alternatives to 902508850

935074767 and 935094000

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 3:59 PM by suelil Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

THanks mr fixit, but the second number is the one i've already tried, and i've just tried the first with 0034 prefix and its not recognised from uk.

Any other ideas?

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 5:27 PM by PeterInSpain Star rating in Marbella, Spain. 39 posts Send private message

Do you have a Lawyer over here? Can they help?

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 6:14 PM by mrfixitspain Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

mrfixitspain´s avatar

2 more ideas.

You said you had a bill faxed to you, it may be possible to fax them back but from experience they don't respond well to faxes.

1) Is there a line along the very top of the fax with the originating fax number?

Does your fax machine have a log function and if so there may be an originating fax number on it?

2) To pay online go to the Endesa website:

Then click on "Clientes" on the left side

then click on "Acceso Directo a Clientes" to the right of the picture in the middle

then look on the left side menu under Servicios Express

click on "Pagos Online"

then click on the orange sign on the right called "Ir a Pagos Online"

this will open a new browser window.

You have a choice, I presume you are not a user of Linea Abierta so the choice is narrowed to 2 options, hopefully your fax will have a payment slip along the bottom with a barcode so choose the button labelled "Pagar Ahorra" under the option called "Numero del código de barras"

This will take you to a  payment page where you will need to enter the numbers from your barcode

Keep trying, we'll fix it somehow.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2011 5:32 PM by suelil Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Ok thanks, I can get to the page you describe and enter the barcode (I've done it several times very very acrefully and double checked) but when I press continue it just presents the same page again and asks for the bar code. V frustrating indeed!

What I had not realised before is that if you select the endesa home page in english, you cannot access all the sames functions as if you stay in spanish - tricksy!

Anyhow, still stuck I'm afraid!

Like 0      
01 May 2013 8:58 AM by juliet22 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Has anyone managed to find a number you can dial from the UK or a way of paying an Endesa bill remotely?

I am still stuck trying to pay Endesa bills from here. I have a direct debit set up with my Spanish bank, but due to problems with the bank account (more Spanish bureaucracy) I can't pay that way. Because of the direct debit, I can't use the quick pay system on Endesa's website and their online payment system doesn't accept UK details e.g. it requires 2 surnames and a Spanish phone number. It's as if they don't recognise they have people living in the UK who need to pay bills.

Anyone able to help with a valid number for Endesa-   please note the ones on the bills and the website cannot be dialled from the UK!

Like 0      
01 May 2013 9:15 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Juliet

You don't say where in Spain your home is.

On the off chance that it's on the Costa del Sol, this is the number of the local office in Fuengirola

Like 0      
01 May 2013 10:03 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Juliet

If all else fails this company will help you. See website below.

http://www.myelectricsinspain.com/

Good Luck

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
01 May 2013 12:00 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Suelil,

This has been covered before.

If you do a search you should be able to find the thread.  I remember in that thread I showed the number in Barcelona which is for all of Spain and which has an English speaking service too. Sorry I don't have time to search for you now.

Of course if you use a VIOP telephone service (like voipcheap) then you can call 902 numbers etc from anywhere.

Like 0      
01 May 2013 12:03 PM by juliet22 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Many thanks

My house is in Almeria, near Lubrin, so quite a way from Costa del Sol, alas.

I know about myelectrics, and there is also an endesainenglish site  that will pay your bills for a fee - but it seems ridiculous not to be able to find a way to pay Endesa directly and I really resent having to pay an extra charge.

I think I have found a number for Endesa 0034 800 760 277 which is for online queries only, via a Spanish friend who called Endesa from Spain. It remains to be seen if they will actually help me - if so I will post the answer.

Cheers

Juliet

Like 0      
22 Jul 2015 4:44 PM by whopper Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi guys. I want to share my experience. I also had a problem to call to ENDESA from outside of Spain. I personaly had a problem to get online access to Endesa.

Most of phone providers restricting calls to +34-800.. +34-902.. numbers. All 902.. numbers in Spain are nubers with extra charge (as service) - that's why most phone providers do not want you call to expencive numbers by cheap rates. 800 numbers are free in Spain, but looks like phone providers don't bother to configure their calling planes (rules) in them VoIP services.

So, I've tried different phone providers and one of them let me call to +34-800.. Spanish numbers! I've use nonoh net VoIP phone provider. Calls to +37-800.. numbers even are free (I thought they will charge extra than normal phone rate, but I was suppriesed by them). So, go a head to use any Androids or SIP based phones to reach "magic" Spanish numbers. Good luck!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for a second hand clothes shop that buys clothes or comission - 0 posts
could anybody help please with the whereabouts of Wayne Stoneman. Many Thanks - 1 posts
BMW 645 ci reduced by 5k, NOW 15K, bag yourself a bargain, it must go!!!!! - 0 posts
Terrace furniture - 15 posts
Rental in caniles with cats - 2 posts
Hi all - 5 posts
Directions to Ardales - 1 posts
Pet Insurance? - 11 posts
Overseas Keys San Javier - 16 posts
Internet Providers - 0 posts
Air con units - 1 posts
Daily Mail Scaremongering? - 49 posts
Cementfor sale €1.50 per bag - 0 posts
Honest solicitor - 0 posts
moving - 0 posts
Community: BANK ACCOUNT - 6 posts
Not having the best holiday - 27 posts
WANTED - Long Term Let - La Nucia / Polop / Alfaz del Pi - 2 posts
Hotel/Motel outside Madrid - 2 posts
We want to buy a satellite dish - 0 posts
Healthcare Experience - 4 posts
Am I liable to pay taxes - 0 posts
Legal taxi transfers based at Villa Martin - 4 posts
Zero excess on car rentals - 0 posts
Breach Of Contract-Asking For A Discount? - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x