18 Mar 2011 10:49 PM by peteha Star rating. 111 posts Send private message

You lot couldnt  organize a piss up in a brewery

Like 0      
18 Mar 2011 11:11 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

peteha

What a sad little man you are!!

Like 0      
22 Mar 2011 2:41 PM by suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Returning to the suspicions raised at the beginning of this thread, that the Spanish government may be deliberately halting legitimate claims, a recent article in the New York Times deserves a mention here.  It seems lawyers in Madrid certainly have a strong voice of protest when it comes to their own payments being blocked by the regional government:

'Thousands of lawyers in Madrid are threatening to go on strike this month over late payments for legal aid...Last month, in an 11th-hour attempt to prevent a strike, the government unblocked €33.9 million to pay the lawyers what they were still owed for work last year. Yet the lawyers held a protest in central Madrid on Feb. 28, maintaining their strike plan for March 15........

"We cannot accept that lawyers get paid a year late when they are fulfilling such a fundamental activity," said Teodoro Mota, president of the Asociación Libre de Abogados, a lawyers’ association......'

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/08/world/europe/08iht-spain08.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Like 0      
22 Mar 2011 7:18 PM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Spanish Post Office Suspends Collection Services at all Valencia Courts

It's in response to the Valencia government's failure to pay its debt to Correos of between 10 and 30 million €

A recent order from the Valencia High Court of Justice instructed the courts that they must send their notifications by post rather than personal delivery. The UGT union said this means that more than 90% of court communications are now sent through the post, and has warned that suspending the service will bring the region’s justice system to a standstill.....'

Read more:

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_29730.shtml#ixzz1HLvWA4Re

Like 0      
23 Mar 2011 6:12 PM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi ads,

I have just been given the following information :-

A PLACE IN THE SUN LIVE

NEC    BIRMINGHAM

Friday 30th September  2011           10.00 - 17.00

Saturday 1st October  2011              10.00 - 17.00

Sunday 2nd October  2011               10.00 - 17.00

I am not aware of any other dates of  "road shows".

Cheers

Like 0      
10 Apr 2011 4:45 PM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

So it seems it's AOK to be an investor now...  Demo anyone??

Tags: business in marbella, Costa del Sol environment, environment awareness, Marbella City Council, marbella events, Marbella General Plan, Marbella tourism, Marbella Town Hall, Marbella Town Planning, Marbella Urban Plan, Palacio de Congresos de Marbella, PGOU, Trade fair marbella

Environment & Tourism Real Estate Fair in Marbella

In order to raise awareness of the environment, the Palacio de Congresos de Marbella is hosting the first Environment and Tourism Real Estate Fair in Costa del Sol, scheduled between days July 21 and July 25. This has been planned in a large scale and hence expected to attract a good number of participants.

As per the details from the Town Hall website, the event will feature more than 35 companies participating with exhibitors and it is expected that special initiatives like competition, tour ideas and a series of lectures will receive an attendance of between four and five thousand people in its very first edition.

Jose Luis Hernandez, the Councillor for Tourism, in a press statement stated that the fair comes at a good time with positive expectations, following the adoption of General Plan and also the idea to emphasize and reinforce Marbella position in the field of residential tourism.

Pablo Moro, councillor for Town Planning, also emphasized on the adoption of PGOU in the town planning which certainly reiterates the fact that Marbella again be a great opportunity for any investment initiative- strategic projects for the development or new services and infrastructures in the city.

Unlike other trade shows, it’s been highlighted that the fair features various contests of ideas, a series of lectures, and a series of tours to raise awareness of the environment, as one of the core objectives of the programme.

The exhibition will have two sections: one for professional meeting (design competition, lecture series, laboratory of ideas, virtual agenda and work shop) and the other to the general public which includes exhibition, advice for foreign tour operators, etc.). The fair will be limited to professionals in a first phase (July 21 and 22) and open to the general public from July 23 to 25.

Like 0      
10 Apr 2011 7:34 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

ruth

I really hope so. I can't see anything on the agenda about the corruption, lack of regulation, injustice ect etc, or anything that has landed Spain's property industry in its current mess.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 9:16 AM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Sadly me thinks a demonstartion in Spain would be very difficult, mainly because those affected aren't there

When the protests were on relating to the demolished propertys it had ex pat support because of the fear factor, "could it happen to us''

It would be difficult to get that over justice issues as most people who are "all right Jack '' tend to ignore the subject or offer token support

I still think the UK is the best option

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 9:58 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

David W

I know what you mean about the 'alright jack' attitude, we see a fair bit of that on this forum. but surely it's not just ex pats who are hurt by the current state of the Spanish property industry?  Are Spanish people so happy with the current situation that they see no reason for reform to actions that have done so much damage to Spain's biggest industry? 

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 10:46 AM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Goodstich

Understand exactly what say re Spanish nationals having the same problems, assume they get the same treatment from their Judical system

I guess i don't know enough about what they are doing to affect change

It just seemed that those affected in the UK could actually do something pro-active, but if this forum is anything to go by sadly it seems all talk!!

This comment is not meant to undermine any individual efforts, it just seems if the numbers involved are as high as reported a lot of people seem prepared to do nothing......................

( As an aside i thought you long distance runners travelled light?)

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 12:29 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

David W

yes, sadly it seems not many of people are interested in a demo of any sort here.  The numbers involved speak for themselves though in the petitions raised alone. A huge amount of people have been cheated from the UK, as well as the Spanish. I think in Spain, the corruption is so much part of the fabric, that not many of them consider it anything to protest about?

As for travelling light?, not on a family holiday with teenagers!!.  Also,  sports and snorkeling gear takes up quite alot space on their own.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 12:55 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

who should protest????

I am happy to protest on principle, some will protest in unison no doubt.

But should Goodstitch protest over his escape from a high mortgage and high costs on a thoroughly badly built property?????

was it not a "blessed" escape?????

He can clearly afford to take his family holiday this year - no problem except luggage.

What of those who completed on poor unsellable properties with no facilities, ridiculous prices and mortgages, perhaps even with "collars" on that your lawyer neglected to tell you about????

Surely they are the real losers.

Hopefully they can at least hand the keys back.

Very sad.

Regards

Norman

This message was last edited by normansands on 11/04/2011.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 1:25 PM by tez mayne Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

Normansands

You talk about a blessed escape. How dare you? That is an insult to all those who have lost their life savings and sold their family homes to fund this purchase. My husband and I are due to retire in 3 years time and have nothing to look forward to as we have no home of our own and no chance of buying another after losing so much to Huma. You are obviously in a much better position than a lot of us here and to say we have had a blessed escape is despicable. We did not go into this blindly and checked the companies out before we bought, yet despite this it still went wrong. I am so insulted by your comment.

My husband and I are committed to fighting for justice and don't usually resort to replying to the stupid quotes some people make, but your comment has infuriated us so much that I had to reply. I am sure there are a lot more who feel the same.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 2:16 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

tez

yes, you are right, it is an insult to all of us who lost their life savings and often more. 

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 3:21 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Norman, your inflammatory statement does nothing to assist those who try and educate those who remain in ignorant bliss of  a Spanish Justice system, that sadly, when challenged, is failing to deliver or implement consumer protection according to existing Spanish Law  (via timely recompense as per successful judgements), let alone those INNOCENT folk who through no fault of their own have become embroiled in a wide reaching abusive real estate fiasco relating to off plan purchase and illegal build, that has now highlighted the urgent need for accountability and transparency within the Spanish real estate, legal and banking sectors.

The message should remain BUYER BEWARE until such time as these abuses in all sectors are eradicated, and adequate protection is demonstrated through fair and timely rule of law in Spain.

I'm afraid your "blessed escape" scenario only perpetuates these injustices and all inference to comparison of losses is nothing short of insulting and only adds to innocent individual's stress. 

This message was last edited by ads on 11/04/2011.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 7:32 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

the facts are simple and cannot be ignored, nor can they themselves offend.

I am sorry if the plain truth hurts, it often does.

My lost deposit is just that, lost money, through no fault of my own.

I did not leave my brains on the plane I simply trusted lawyers as one should be able to.

Unfortunately they were crooks operating within a nest of crooks operating within a corrupt and unjust country.

Goodstitch, a young man, talks nonsense about loss of life's savings.

Those that have completed on crap properties at extreme prices with high mortgages are financially many times worse off than this young man.

That is the market truth and what the market has done to property investment, extremely acute in Spain where the financial crazies, as Maria calls them, inflated the market out of all proportion.

Goodstitch himself is at last beginning to question the pursuit of "justice" in Spain and the tez mayne couple should do the same before they lose even more money.

If I am any better off than that couple it is perhaps only that I can see the truth as outlined by Faro and others.

Ads you are so right with your..........The message should remain BUYER BEWARE until such time as these abuses in all sectors are eradicated, and adequate protection is demonstrated through fair and timely rule of law in Spain.

This couple should take that on board when dealing with lawyers offerig to help them in their fight for justice.

Regards

Norman

This message was last edited by normansands on 11/04/2011.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 8:42 PM by peteha Star rating. 111 posts Send private message

My lost deposit is just that, lost money, through no fault of my own.

Come on Norman dont make me laugh.

You paid a higher than normal deposit on an overvalued property.

Signed a contract in a language you did not understand.

Thought you could service a mortgage of 300,000 plus euros at your age.( with respect)

you are very wise in hindsight.

As i see from another post you are now an expert valuer valuing the

apartment you were prepared to pay 400,000 plus for at 70,000 euros now

The others are no better they go on about organising

protests while Aifos are exhibiting on their doorstep

What will they say when they ever get their act togrther and confront them at an

exhibition  BOO 

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 10:04 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Please respect the thread **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 14/04/2011.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 10:17 PM by peteha Star rating. 111 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Please respect the thread **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 14/04/2011.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2011 11:26 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Peteha, have you been personally affected by these injustices? If not what are you trying to achieve by these observations?

Norman, I see no positive purpose whatsoever to your comparison of losses. All this personalising does is to be divisive which then plays into the hands of those trying to discredit those bringing attention to the sad abusive realities of injustice in Spain.

This message was last edited by ads on 12/04/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Water connection - 5 posts
solicitud certificacion de no residencia - 1 posts
Taxis from Alicante airport - 9 posts
Question for La Torre and Mar Menor Owners - 2 posts
Bank Properties Polaris World - 0 posts
Fresh Idea for Michael O'Leary... - 6 posts
Buy on Polaris World La Torre? - 0 posts
car for sale - 3 posts
Jobs at Malaga Airport - 9 posts
FS - 1.9 Satellite dish and sky HD box with viewing card - 2 posts
clieve - 0 posts
Hi to everyone - not been on here b4 but do have some questions, for all you good people out there - 9 posts
Looking for guitar (flamenco)entertainment/restaurant in Alhaurin el grandee area - 1 posts
Bratley & Sharp Associates is a scam!! - 7 posts
Opel Corsa 1.3CDTI (Diesel) Ecoflex - 5 door - Black - New in September 2010 - 0 posts
Cheap spanish course in Madrid - 1 posts
Community Fees - 2 posts
nouran - 0 posts
Spanish driving licence. - 46 posts
Spanish Mortgage for UK house purchase - 1 posts
German TV - 1 posts
Advice please for Australian pensioner moving to Spain - 6 posts
Flights to Almeria - 0 posts
Unemployment in Spain to stay above 20% until 2013 - 0 posts
Internet in Spain - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 111

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x