paying non resident tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Feb 2012 10:25 AM by alecd Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Guitareth............

If you paste your ‘link’ into the box below the one you type your reply in (enter the embed code, not the video URL)....

that will work!

Like 0      
13 Feb 2012 10:38 AM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

I think you need to have a minimum number of posts to be allowed to post  a link. It is to deter spammers. I think it is 5 posts.

Guy

Like 0      
13 Feb 2012 11:38 AM by guitareth Star rating in Orba, Alicante. 5 posts Send private message

OK I'm now tring entering the link URL into the "Insert a video" box to see if that works.  Re alecd's comment "Guitareth.......... when you finally opened the form, I suspect it is last years and not the new one" how can I tell? I don't see any dates on the form, but its certainly nothing like the paper one I used last year.

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/es13/h/ie02100b.html?idi=ES

Like 0      
13 Feb 2012 3:44 PM by johnwm Star rating in Av Escandinavia Alto.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi, sorry about any confusion iImight have caused ,I`m not too good with computers.I tried to copy and paste the URL but for some reason this site will not allow me to paste in the URL.I will try to get back with all the details manually.Just quickly,because I`ve got to go! the printing problem may be that on the AT site there is a full set of instructions  in ENGLISH to follow, I think this is ensure that it prints in a format and font style  allowed for AT.Again I can`t copy and paste the URLso I will get back later with all the details.

I can`t understand why some of you can`t find the link.

Do not try to go through the Spanish site or you will go round in circles ,you must enter it from the ENGLISH link and I think this link seems to have been provided by the ATweb site people and not the admin side.The Admin side seem to hav provided some English pages but they have been there for the last few years but they do provide a link to the new form ,but in Spanish.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2012 11:26 PM by johnwm Star rating in Av Escandinavia Alto.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi i`ve tried to reply but the moderator keeps blocking me for some reason.I did have a web address in and i`ve removed it ,but it`s still blocking the message,What a pain!

Like 0      
14 Feb 2012 4:33 PM by clondalkin Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

how much shouls this tax be on a 3 bed penthouse we are been asked for 222.40euro x

Like 0      
14 Feb 2012 5:21 PM by johnwm Star rating in Av Escandinavia Alto.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi,If your a non-resident and own a home in Spain then you are liable for "imputed" income tax  and you must make a declaration each yar to the tax authorities,in Spain  this will be the (Agencia  Tributaria).This tax shoud be paid any time in the year,up to December 23rd, following the tax year declared.

To  calaculate the tax due you must first have your local council rates bill,known by different names in Spain it could be ,IBI or Suma.The bill, which you should receive in the Autumn of each year ,will show the Cadastral value of your home.This bears no resemblance to the actual value of your home which is often (or should I say was) much greater than the Cadastral or rateable value.An equation is made on this value to calculate your imputed income.The equation depends on when your house was last revalued for rateable purposes.If the house has been revalued since 1994 then the figure to use is 1.1% if not then the figure, I beleive is, 2%, Your rates bill will indicate somewhere on it when it was last revalued.  So the imputed income will be either 1.1% or 2 % of the rateable value.

Having established your imputed earnings you then need to apply the current tax rate on earnings as issued by the Agencia Tributaria which for 2011 is 24%.so in essence you pay 24% of 1.1% or 2% of your houses` rateable value.(R.V x(1.1 or 2 %)x24%.

Only you will know the figures!

One other point, if you are a legal joint owner of your home,including spouses, or any number of people, then each joint owner must submit a return to the tax agency.The imputed earnings figure will be divided equally between all owners and used for each of your tax calculations,so each of you will pay 24% of your share of the imputed earnings.

The amount you are being asked to pay ould include a fee from your gestor,solicitor or legal rep

I would have liked to have  linked you to the Agency Tribiutaria web site which explains all his ,but on this forum I cant,

Hope this helps

Like 0      
24 Feb 2012 12:25 AM by william02 Star rating in Guardamar del Segura. 29 posts Send private message

william02´s avatar

Hi All,

Quoted from guitareth previous messages:

Anyway, I have tried the link quoted below by alecd and I do NOT get that error code 0115 you speak of, but it did pop up a couple of warnings (First saying "The java plugin needs your premission to run", and second was saying "Security certificate is invalid - do you want to trust this site?"). However, once I OK'd both of these the form opens OK (I'm using Google Chrome browser). Certainly is not good that their security certificate is invalid and would assume they'll sort that out soon."

I downloaded Google Chrome  browser on my computer and it works! I was able to open the new 210 form ( for 2011), and it is very different from previous years. I just need to fill out, hopefully that will work also. I was using Firefox browser and got error 0115 all the time.

Thanks guitareth.

William02

Like 0      
25 Mar 2012 10:33 PM by alecd Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Form 210 for year 2011.

The link below will get you directly into the form 210

Fill it in online and click validate PDF at bottom.

This will allow you to save and print a PDF.

The PDF version changes appearance from what you have just completed

into 3 pages very similar to previuos years 7 page forms.

NOW, if you want fill the form in English, just change the last 2 letters in the address bar below

from ES to EN (see below)

I can only assume the English form will also be acceptable as this also produces the unique barcode when you create the PDF

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/es13/h/ie02100b.html?idi=ES https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/es13/h/ie02100b.html?idi=ES

Like 0      
26 Mar 2012 1:57 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Alecd

Thanks for that. I think it was the same as last year, BUT please note, for me at least, just like previously, I cannot access it using Mozilla. But I can with Internet Explorer

Please be aware, if you are going to do more than one return (say husband and wife) you must close the web page and start again.

I used all the same info just changing the name . It prints OK but it has the same unique bar code number, thus is invalid.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 26/03/2012.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2012 3:01 AM by alecd Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Johnzx

I use AppleMac with Firefox or Chrome.

If you use Mozilla Firefox do the following:

Type about:config into the address bar.

If you get a warning message about dragons click on "I'll be careful, I promise"

In the box marked 'Filter' type signed

You should see the following single parameter:

signed.applets.codebase_principal_support...... user set..... boolean..... false

Double click this entry so that 'false' changes to 'true'

Exit this screen by clicking on the 'X' in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Try the form 210 again, you will get security warnings, just accept them.

Do not, change anything else otherwise the dragons could render Firefoxuseless

and you would need to re-installl it.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2012 8:47 PM by johnwm Star rating in Av Escandinavia Alto.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi alced, After completing the new  210 on line assessment form in English ,which requires a lot more detail than the previous one, I have sucessfully printed out my pdf copies.I must say I was suprised after pressing the "validate and generate pdf" button to see the page mutate to a familiar looking pdf document somewhat similar to last years 210 but without a place for the "sticker"

After checking the printed pdf docs in English,5 pages in total,2 pagesof instructions,1 assessment page containing all the personal data I had input and 2 pages for submitting payment at the bank I began to wonder how AEAT received the data from the assessment sheet.

The assessment sheet (1 copy) is marked for the retention of the taxpayer,no copy for for the tax office,or the bank.The payment sheets  1 marked for retention by the taxpayer and  1 , with a large F at the top right ,is marked for the retention of the bank,no copy for the tax office.As the inntrsuctions say it is not necessary for the taxpayer to send a copy of the assessment sheet to the tax office the only way that I can see for AEAT to recieve a copy of the assessment sheet is for it to be sent to them electronically when you press the "validate and genertae pdf button".If this is the case then it does raise some serious security issues as these forms are filled in on line in an insecure area without password or validation and especially when the AEAT site is often reported by microsoft as having no valid security certificate in place.If you consider the amount of personal data that is given on this assessment sheet it is quite frifghtening!

When the PDF is produced I notice it also produces a unique ID code which is printed on each sheet of the PDF.I would therefore presume that when you take your payment sheets to the bank and they scan the bar codes with unique ID on the payment sheets that this electronically links and confirms your payment with the assessment sheet which was stored at AEAT when you validated and generated the PDF copy.

I would be greatful for any feed back.

The pervious form had 7 pages with copies each for the taxpayer ,tax office and bank.Afetr submitting all to the bank and being stamped, the tax office copies were sealed in a special window envelope addressed to the taxoffice.

I think the safest route may be to apply for an" electronic signature" or certificatte which allows you to submit and pay on line even from your uk bank account.I think it may be a system somewhat similar to the "Government Gateway" which we use in the UK for submiiting and paying tax.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2012 9:28 PM by alecd Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi johnwm,

Yes I didi wonder myself and still am to a degree.

It is my assumption that when you press ‘Validate’ it only creates the PDF with unique number on your hard drive and also allows you to SAVE a PDF as well. It does not send anything electronically to AEAT unless you have applied for the electronic signature.

I believe that when you take it to the bank, they manually punch in the unique number or scan the barcode??? or do they scan the document (your copy).

At least if you go to bank you will get stamped proof of payment which you can produce whenever required.

I won’t know till I take my forms personally sometime in June.

With the electronic signature – will you not incur bank charges for processing the payment each year?

All very interesing and irritating at the same time. I think we all need to continue exchanging info to eventually fully understand this.

Like 0      
05 Apr 2012 3:05 PM by william02 Star rating in Guardamar del Segura. 29 posts Send private message

william02´s avatar

Just to complement what Alecd and johnwn wrote:

I already paid, myself,  the renta tax 210 ( for 2011)  for me and my wife ( separately) and all went well, except the bank teller had to ask another teller ( or manager) some questions as he was not sure about the procedure.

After “validation and PDF generation” I got 3 filled form sheets + 2 instruction sheets for each of us ( 10 sheets total).  Two filled forms were for us and one for the bank. The bank teller  scanned the bar code and passed  all 3 documents through a machine which printed several numbers which were different for me and wife. The first number was the “numero de justificante” which is on the forms (near bar code) + some extra code numbers and letters, so from this I would deduct that when you validate the forms on line, a copy is retained at AETA, since no hard copy is sent to them. The next number is our NIE, then the bank ID, amount of payment and finally another long number which might be the payment ID or transaction number ( ?). Next , the teller stamps all 3 documents  with the date and bank ID, and that’s it. Done!

Also, may I add, on the 2  payment forms, where you are supposed to write in the NIE number manually, there is a bar code, which I think  acts in the same way as the old stickers bar code, and was generated when we wrote in  the NIE number in the electronic form.  Correct me if wrong.

This message was last edited by william02 on 05/04/2012.

This message was last edited by william02 on 05/04/2012.

Like 0      
05 Apr 2012 8:12 PM by alecd Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi William 02,

Out of curiosity...... did you present the English or Spanish version at the bank?

Just wondering what they would make of it if someone presented the English version

as I may well do later in June.

Like 0      
05 Apr 2012 11:45 PM by william02 Star rating in Guardamar del Segura. 29 posts Send private message

william02´s avatar

Hi Alecd,

When I filled the form online I used the Spanish one. But I think it doesn't matter which one you use ( English or Spanish) because, what you fill on-line, is transposed into another form which does not look at all like the one you filled. In other words, the form you fill on-line gathers the info, the program  processes it and fits it in a standard, Spanish form. So what you bring at the bank, is a Spanish form no matter what. I filled the forms on March 10 and brought them to the bank on march 21. So you can print forms ahead of time, therefore you can verify this yourself. I think also that if you validate and print forms with errors ( for example wrong amount), you can do another form and it is only the one you bring to the bank that counts and is retained by the AETA , it is the bank that does the final validation ( that seems like common sense to me, but not verified, since I am no expert).

Hope that helps.

William02

Like 0      
06 Apr 2012 4:56 PM by johnwm Star rating in Av Escandinavia Alto.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi wiiliam02,Now I`m really confused,I`ve just used the English verison to enter and print my pdf documents and everything is in English, the initial entry page and ,when completed ,5 pdf copies, 2 instructions,1 assessment sheet and 2 payment sheets all in English!

After trying it again if I choose Spanish then everything is in Spanish including the final docs and if I choose English everything is in English including the final docs.

As far as AEATA getting a copy of the assessment page,which they must do somehow or the whole exercise would be pointless,if a copy is not transfered whren you press the validate and generate pdf button ,and we really do need a computer buff from out there to verify one way or the other,then I can only assume that we have got to post a copy to them.

You might ask why?, Well another theory of mine is that when you initially bring up the computer version of the 210 form  you will notice it always switches or selects through SEDE Electronica, and you will see their logo on the page somewhere, who seem to deal with the software side of things including doing the whole entry and payment on line with an electronic certificate.The part of the programme accessible without a cert is what we see .

Following from that in the instructions in section 4 .says "If additional documentation must be submitted,introduce the additional documentation into the envelope for returning form 210,available at AEAT local offices,indicating the receipt number of the self assessment in the space reserved for it

sect 5. "In the event of filing in person, give the envelope to the collaborating institution (bank).

If my Spanish was a bit better then I would give AEAT a ring because this thing is really bugging me!

Anyway I will be in Spain on the 24th of this month and I will try to make payment and ask at the bank what info they are actually recording and where it goes.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2012 8:48 PM by william02 Star rating in Guardamar del Segura. 29 posts Send private message

william02´s avatar

Hi Johnwm,

When I tested the English version ,at the end of February , I got the Spanish PDF validated forms.  But then I decided to redo everything in Spanish, just to be on the safe side. Johnzx had mentioned that  he was told that payment could only be done at the end of march, beginning of April. The reason could be that the program was not finalised, or not all the banks had the new instructions or equipement, or whatever. So doing it in Spanish might have been the best choice at the time.  The reason I got the Spanish forms from the English data form, but not you, might be  because the program was changed  later or I got mixed-up  or a computer glitch happened somehow. Anyways, the bank accepted the forms, payment was done and we have the payment codes and all. If the forms come out in English now, the bank has to accept them, so I would not worry about that. I am sure the fact we need not send  anything to  AEAT has been worked out and is all in the NIF and form codes that the bank scans and sends to AEAT, it just would be absurd for us to fill out a form which AEAT will never see. Let us know what happens  after the 24th and if you can get info from the bank as to how this works.

Thanks and best of luck.

William02

This message was last edited by william02 on 06/04/2012.

This message was last edited by william02 on 07/04/2012.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2012 12:10 PM by johnwm Star rating in Av Escandinavia Alto.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi william02,   Thanks for the info, yes there seems to have an awful lot of tooing and froing with these forms.

Just as a word of warning to anydbody  who`s thinking of submitting the English version of the forms ,I`ve found that the bar codes etc. are badly mis aligned and even overlap into other boxes .it must be something to do with the programme because when I print the Spanish version the alingment is much better.Just to be safe I`ve decided to submit the Spanish version,.

Just as an aside, are you aware that the "Wealth tax," which was not abolished as I previously understood, but simply reduced to zero rate has been re established.I do understand that the threshold has been raised to,I think, 500,000 euros of assets.

I noticed that the210 assessment forms are now titled "preliminary return".So I`m wondering if this is leaving elbow room for them to come back for wealth tax once they have all the details of cadastral values etc.from the preliminary return?

I`ve just heard fro Marta Rey from the "Departmentos de Extranjeos" in Malaga.They provided help and documentation in English for filling out the previous tax forms.

She has spoken with the tax office in Malaga and their advice is to leave everything till later in the year  because  the Agencia Tributaria are undecided as to whether or not to update the 210 forms to include for the possibliity  of those who will need to declare wealth tax or issue yet another form.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2012 6:11 PM by JWhite Star rating. 124 posts Send private message

Does anyone know what Error Code 0201 means on these forms 210.   I have filled the form in, pressed "validate and generate" and a message comes up "there is already a tax form saved on the computer, do you wish to import it".  When I say yes because the info is what I have saved to my root directory, it switches to a page that states "it is unable to generate the form due to an Error No. 0201".   If I go back on the back button as requested, I go through the same thing again and end up with the same error message.

I just cannot get the forms to morph into a PDF document with an ID No. to print it off.

Anyone know why ?  

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

anabel4you - 2 posts
roof tiles wind damage - 1 posts
sky remote - 2 posts
Reporting of Vat on UK purchases - 5 posts
Granada, Malaga, Antequera Triangle; link wanted for good animal rescue centre. - 7 posts
English speaking gestoria in Antequera area - 0 posts
Visit to Granada - 4 posts
Burning your rubbish in the countryside ! - 3 posts
Window Cleaners Mijas Golf - 3 posts
balcony infill - 9 posts
Costa del Sol Tourist Board welcomes fall in British tourist numbers - Does it mean Brits are no longer welcome in Spain? - 1 posts
Boring !!!! - 17 posts
anyone have ground floor apartment in Garden 5 iavailable to rent for a week in August 2011 - 1 posts
Suzuki Liana 1.6GL English Plate 55Reg - 0 posts
capital gains tax - inflation index - 7 posts
Escorted Visits to Cordoba, Seville and Granada? - 1 posts
Air Con Meters / Electric Meters - 4 posts
anyone book car trawler through fromnt page on EOS website - 6 posts
Seat Alhambra for sale - 2 posts
Family Book Refusal - 5 posts
moving abroad - 7 posts
birds nesting behind air con unit - 1 posts
hi everyone on EOS - 4 posts
Watch BBC iPlayer in Spain without VPN - 24 posts
Best freesat postcode. - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 235

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x