Car Repairs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by deb30509 Star rating in La Alcayna, Molina D.... 5 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me if it is normal to them, to put a car in for repair, whilst you are waiting for a part to arrive the garage charges you how every many, in my case 3 hours labour whilst they are waiting for the part even thought it only took 10 minutes to sort the problem. I feel as if im being ripped off.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2010 2:37 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I would certainly argue the point. They would have/ should have other vehicles to work on if you have taken it to their garage and could easily move it out of the way. For example, my van was in last week for a new water hose. Dropped in at 8.30, looked at 8.40, parts arrived 1pm, total charge £36.99. Like in the UK, I suppose there are good garages and "Rogue Traders". Bring on Matt Allwright, he needs a holiday .

Mark

Like 0      
11 Sep 2010 2:54 PM by deb30509 Star rating in La Alcayna, Molina D.... 5 posts Send private message

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply, i guess im annoyed, i have been putting my car to the same garage for 7 years, now that i have twigged that they are ripping me off, im deflated. I should have argued, but, they might not have let me have my car, so i will vote with my feet and find another garage.

Deb

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 6:20 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

deb

where are you based and maybe someone can recommend a good garage.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 8:07 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Deb

What was the part that was replaced , garages have a set time for every job that is worked out by the manufacturer it does not matter that it only takes them 10mins they will always charge from the book

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

lots of info needed about buying on camposol! - 82 posts
Paramount Theme Park in Murcia - 8 posts
Two injured during armed robbery at Carrefour in Estepona - 0 posts
They only flew to Barcelona & Mallorca but.... - 1 posts
Requirements to drive Motos in Spain - 2 posts
Neighbours barking dogs at 2am - 5 posts
Something novel- Let's bash another airline and their luggage policy instead of the usual one! - 5 posts
Previous owners waste removal bill. - 1 posts
how is everything going? - 0 posts
Grocery Store Prices in Málaga - 0 posts
Toll Roads - 10 posts
Paying taxes in Spain - 1 posts
multiple sclerosis in spain - 2 posts
Re-homing Pets - 6 posts
Staff Vacancy due to expansion!! - 0 posts
La Caixa bank - my NIE number is wrong and I can't speak spanish.. help! - 6 posts
Americans in spain - 3 posts
Philips 32" Television with integral stand - 0 posts
6 month rental contract - 5 posts
La Manga Club - 0 posts
Villamartin area information - 2 posts
Enforcing a 10 year building guarentee ? - 17 posts
Mijas Pueblo Feria - 2 posts
Saab 93 Vector Sport - UK headlights for sale - 0 posts
2 Bikes For sale - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x