THE GAS MAN CON

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 May 2007 12:00 AM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

As we have not seen (or missed it ) any mention of the gas man con that has been going on the CDS for years we thought its worth bringing it up.                                                                                                      As nearly everybody has gas in some form  , they turn up on your door looking very official with ID saying  they have come to check your gas system (pipes etc) they trick you into thinking that you really have to let them in. DONT LET THEM IN they will charge you at least 50 eur. they will also cut your gas pipe saying it needs replacing as its damaged. REPSOL AND CEPSA are the only official gas people who will check your gas supply ( or agents )   and they never turn up on the doorstep without you asking them , just tell them the Police are coming you they will disappear very fast.                               They were mostly along the coast but last year we heard they were going inland as all the new builds were coming to an end.                                                                                                                                             If you have Family . Friends, or Renting dont forget to tell the about  this CON .                                        Have a good day Rosi n

Like 0      
02 May 2007 4:47 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thanks for this inof. Rosi n,

I don't think there is piped gas in Costa Blanca?

Most people I know have gas bottles.

I may be wrong, if so, take heed of Rosi N's warning peeps.

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
02 May 2007 4:48 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

sorry!

Just thought, what's this doing on the Spanish Estate Agents thread anyway?!

Justin, can you move this thread to Spanish Crime please!

Cheers,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
02 May 2007 8:57 PM by Rose1 Star rating in El Pilar, Estepona. 78 posts Send private message

Rose1´s avatar

A friend was visited by these conmen and they did the same to her, only her gas was a bottle on the patio for the barbecue! So we're all potential targets.

Like 0      
03 May 2007 12:23 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Justin /Fibbyuk.       Sorry my fault put it in the wrong thread . (the gas con)   This con / trick is mostly used for people with gas bottles  so we are all targets as most people have bottles in or outdoors.    The press is always talking about mains gas but  we have never seen any pipes around.?       Rosi n

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Completed - 3 posts
Duquesa Golf Course - 4 posts
La Marina - 2 posts
Legal Status Of Property. - 5 posts
CORDOBA VALLEY - 7 posts
Spanish health care system: Could someone sit down and spell it out clearly for me please? - 6 posts
NIE in Guadamar - 8 posts
Holiday today - 10 posts
Waving from Lanzarote - 32 posts
Spanish Lottery - 8 posts
MUZZY LEVEL 1 - 1 posts
Delay in releasing Block 9 - Plus New Build Opposite Block 9! - 13 posts
Anyone in the UK with kids ? - 18 posts
Justin, here please. Need info. - 43 posts
BAR WARS!! - 2 posts
fiscal representive. - 1 posts
6 months to 3 months for non-residents - 7 posts
Beach Thieves! - Be aware! - 29 posts
anybody purchased through masa - 10 posts
buying cortijo costa tropical - 1 posts
Cost of Purchase on Polaris World - 7 posts
Signing on the Padron at new office, Torrevieja - 1 posts
The community meeting! - 2 posts
TAX SCAM - 1 posts
Imonl Legal Services Experience - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x